Addon Developer
Reaction score
Working on the sts 9 spacelab:
S663axq.jpg

CCTV views:
sGikIjs.jpg

LeVhDsi.jpg

ELCfIJG.jpg

I think except for a few texture issue the exterior is done. Not sure how detailed the interior might be. I have the basic shape. I thought about added a crew guy so one could move around in it?

One thing that sts_payloads is missing in a read me. You can look at the cfg/ini and get which keys does what if there is animation.

gattispilot

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I looked at more images of the attachment to the ribs. The bottom part look solid with a top of the ring to open/close. But the position seems to vary. On the front one the trunnion is near the edge of the rib while the second one is not. It is also in the middle.
HlkBkBt.jpg

A better view of the second leg
K4YGn0w.jpg

Tpp2Lco.jpg

while the drawing has the supports the same:
bqTHbB9.jpg

the key thing is the angle of the support rods. They look to be 90degrees of the side?
qZGhw7L.jpg

It look like the lab maybe too long?
20XHBgS.jpg

gattispilot

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
UGH!!! So looking at the photos it seems as the second attachment trunnion is further back than the front one. In the drawings the red lines are ribs and green line trunnions
Ef9ZFTc.png

SW4Z2lE.jpg

Marg

Reaction score
Nice to see all these details appearing on Spacelab. there are some thoughts.
1) main cylindrical mesh seems quite low poly, maybe some smoothing can be made (at least not show shading edges) .
2) these three "rings" which "encircle" this main mesh are also a bit "smoother", with no sharp edges.
3) more of texturing: in front of "spacelab" (parts where markings are attached) insulation sheets had radial pattern.

gattispilot

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
So redid the main mesh and had to redo the pallet.
uLL9bQS.jpg

rEsQXNo.jpg

I think I made the main cylinder 32 edges and the same for rings.

Marg

Reaction score
Oh, really impressive! Almost there. Just wanted to say that those rings (encircling main cylinder) were a bit more rounded "longitudinally" - I mean in shuttle's tail\head direction. they looked like just some thickening, or "bulging". They looked more like these encircling rings on the spacelab's tunnel (only more flattened).
And yes, I remember that I noticed cable connections (in photos), coming from shuttle's bay to a module (down and in the front of module).

gattispilot

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Thanks. More like this?
MXecq5A.jpg

hiAQpyQ.jpg

This is the best I can do as far as the pallet location. Because the door hinge red and guide wire green. I can add generic cables to the front in the orange area. I may need to look at some more pallet images.

I will cut the black circle in the aft. It is supposed to be a window

gattispilot

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I added cables to the pallet and recoded it. So now the animation works. It does seem on the pallet key command are given at the bottom.

U26cuc5.jpg

gattispilot

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Here is a test setup for sts 09 On the interior not sure if to do it just textures or build it. Maybe both?

Attachments

• sts09test.zip
    564.6 KB · Views: 12

moonheart

Reaction score
Here is a test setup for sts 09 On the interior not sure if to do it just textures or build it. Maybe both?
Tried it and works beautifully - many thanks - I like the functionality of the pallet. Look forward to you interior!

gattispilot

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Thanks. All I did on the pallet is mimicked the animation. Since I changed the mesh the animation was messed up. So I just made a dll with the animation corrected.

gattispilot

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
more panels.:
8OyMjbu.jpg

EtXuMm8.jpg

ibMIJBA.jpg

Not sure how much animation? It looks like on some of those yellow bars are platforms that can move up and down and rotate. I might just put some in different configurations. I think on the exterior. Have the scientific airlock hatch open and the tray extend.

Marg

Reaction score
Maybe textures on the outside could be "uniformed"? I mean they are a bit stretched (not of the same scale) in some places - tunnel and middle outer "circural" ring of the module have them stretched.