Project Space Shuttle Vessel

gattispilot

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I don't thing SSU or SSV did the satellite launches. I might could make an ASE vessel for that. Not sure if needed though

GLS

Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
github.com
So, 1 year since v1.0! :hailprobe:
Lots of work has been done in this lap around the Sun, bringing some nice features, but also laying down the foundations for some more in the future.
Currently I'm still putting the finishing touches on the SPDS: I think I finally understand some "hidden" mechanics of the thing, but I've decided not to waste even more time with it, as there is no way to confirm anything. Just a few more details remain, add the materials and maybe a simple texture, and it should (finally) be done. On the code side, I had to improve the MCA/MPM/PRLA motor logic, to separate MCA signals from TB signals from MDM signals, so I (hopefully) got the correct indications along the SPDS deployment sequence. There was a way to stow the payload back in the PLB, in case they could not deploy it, but I'm still guessing how that might have happened. Finally the documentation is also "reaching the critical mass", with a checklist for deployment, plus backup instructions.
On the v2 branch, what started as a simple improvement of the keyboard syntax checks in the IDP has snowballed into major rework of the IDP and the dedicated displays in the GPC. Most of the logic is done, but there are some signals still missing, which means some new modules have to be added to calculate them. Initially for the users, the displays will be +/- the same, but behind the scenes things will be much more organized, allowing, e.g., abort parameters to be displayed without adding to the existing mess in the GPC/IDP/MDU (which will disappear).
This sort of eclipsed the OMS/RCS work, which stopped with me having implemented FRCS dumps, for OPS 3 I think... Anyway, still lots of work left, but the new things will slowly show up along the way.
Further down the road (v2+), the plan is still starboard RMS + MCIU + auto sequences + different PORs = much more capable RMS. Plus the continuing DPS work, which should eventually allow proper ascent, better LPS interface and finally aborts.

And because people like images more than walls of text, here are a couple of images of a mission I quickly put together in Mission Editor:
102launch1.PNG
102launch2.PNG
Any guess what mission it is? :p

I don't thing SSU or SSV did the satellite launches. I might could make an ASE vessel for that. Not sure if needed though
There is currently no ASE for SSV which is a shame.
Eventually all 3 types of PAM (plus, some additional IUS versions) will be included... I just don't know when. If the v2.0 work progresses very slowly, it might even show up in the near future, as part of a "stop-gap" release.

Donamy

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score

GLS

Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
github.com
tony-stark-iron-man.gif

zerofay32

Buckeye
Reaction score
Holy smokes, I disappear for a few years and come back to find SSU dead and the whole landscape of Obiter different... 😆

(edit: and apparently my signature pics don't even work anymore.... time has flown....)

DaveS

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score

moonheart

Reaction score
STS-9?

After 61c the name Columbia was moved off the PLBDs to under the cabin windows.