Problem Space Shuttle Fleet 4.8 Columbia docking point without docking node?

Pinguinboy

50.000 years old lifeform
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
As I've seen in some scenarios including the Columbia from David413's Space Shuttle Fleet 4.8, and seen in the Scenario Editor, it seems that the Columbia can dock to other vessels/module without being equipped with a docking node. Is this a bug, or is this implented for in the next release(s)?

Mojave

60% Ethanol
Addon Developer
Reaction score
As I've seen in some scenarios including the Columbia from David413's Space Shuttle Fleet 4.8, and seen in the Scenario Editor, it seems that the Columbia can dock to other vessels/module without being equipped with a docking node. Is this a bug, or is this implented for in the next release(s)?

I believe the Columbia was designed not to have an ODS so you could not use it for docking. I don't believe Columbia ever docked to the ISS or any orbital station, and I think that is why David excluded Columbia from using the ODS.

If you want to use the Columbia with an ODS, then you will have to change the name of one of ther other Shuttle textures to Columbia. e.g | Columbiatex --> Atlantistex.

:tiphat:

SE

Pinguinboy

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
I believe the Columbia was designed not to have an ODS so you could not use it for docking. I don't believe Columbia ever docked to the ISS or any orbital station, and I think that is why David excluded Columbia from using the ODS.

:tiphat:

SE

Yeah, I'd thought so as well, but I found it strange that it actually had a docking point. Well, would be cool to see some kind of post-2003 Columbia equipped with it, if it was able to do STS-118.

Fabri91

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.fabri91.eu
Since 4.8 Columbia should be able to be equipped with a docking port, since it has one in the fictional Skylab rescue scenarios.

Adding "ODS" (without the quotation marks) in the scenario file under the section describing the shuttle should add the docking port. For more information, look at page 7 of the Fleet's manual.

Last edited:

Pinguinboy

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Since 4.8 Columbia should be able to be equipped with a docking port, since it has one in the fictional Skylab rescue scenarios.

Which scenarios are you referring to? The Skylab 1980 ones? Because I checked them, and none of the missions had a Columbia with docking adapter. Just the regular Columbia without one.

Fabri91

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.fabri91.eu
You need to have Skylab 4.8 by David413 installed to use them, but the scenario folder "Skylab V4.8" should be there even if you only have the Shuttle Fleet V4.8. There, look for example for the "Skylab Attach the DM.scn" file. If you open it up, there will be an ODS line in the scenario, and if you run it you'll see that Columbia has the docking port.

Pinguinboy

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
You need to have Skylab 4.8 by David413 installed to use them, but the scenario folder "Skylab V4.8" should be there even if you only have the Shuttle Fleet V4.8. There, look for example for the "Skylab Attach the DM.scn" file. If you open it up, there will be an ODS line in the scenario, and if you run it you'll see that Columbia has the docking port.

Oh, I'm seeing it now yes. Thanks!

Wally

Reaction score
From [ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Space_Shuttle_Columbia"]Wikipedia[/ame]:

Had Columbia not been destroyed, it would have been fitted with the external airlock/docking adapter for STS-118, an International Space Station assembly mission, originally planned for November 2003.

Pinguinboy

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
ODS

Just put it in the Columbia part of the scenario and you got it.

All the scenario lines are covered in the manual, starting on page 11.

Thanks again! :thumbup:

---------- Post added at 17:04 ---------- Previous post was at 16:42 ----------

And I guess I found the problem: The model without the so called "SILTS pod" (that thing on the tailfin of the Columbia) does include a model with ODS. However, the post-STS-9 (the one with the SILTS pod) doesn't have a model with ODS.

Cras

Spring of Life!
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
The manuals states that the ODS is available in the original Columbia paint, called by placing the line ORIGINAL in the scenario, and the late paint. If you use the MID102 line, the ODS will not work.

David413

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
I wish I had a dollar for every hour I spent on the documentation ("manual") for the shuttle fleet, and TWO dollars for every posted "bug" that has an explaination in the manual and has to be pointed out to someone.

mojoey

Bwoah
Reaction score
I wish I had a dollar for every hour I spent on the documentation ("manual") for the shuttle fleet, and TWO dollars for every posted "bug" that has an explaination in the manual and has to be pointed out to someone.

hey, if that were true, you would have more time to work on addons!:lol: