Project Space Shuttle Cygnus

Capt_hensley

Captain, USS Pabilli
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.h-10-k.com
Just so we can see the size difference in the payload bay could you nest a KIBO module in it and make a render? This would give everyone a known size comparison to admire and appreciate just how much bigger than a STS this system really is.

Mattyv

Rocket Scientist in Training
Reaction score
Nice job! Wish I could get a grasp on texturing, but it's hard while you're trying to pass in school.

Last edited:

Cras

Spring of Life!
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
This project is excellent. Great work.

And for the VC, my 2 cents on the matter is to do an "upgraded" STS glass deck. Much in the same theme as NovaSillisko's.

Not sure how the best way to do that would be. MFD layout mostly would be bigger, the actual DU be presented in a fashion that implies newer technology. Probably best if it has the soft keys on the side as opposed to transplanting them on the bottom like they are in Shutte Fleet's flight deck. As that was forced to do such a thing due to the Shuttle's use of the buttons on the bottom, with such a restriction not applicable in this situation, it is best I think to leave the button layout to resemble the native application of them, as they are seen in other vessels.

In short, I would prefer to see a VC that more resembles the XR-2s 2D panel, opposed to its 3D VC. The grey's, the rendition of how the MFDs are installed, the design of buttons, as opposed to the crazy blues, the fonts used in the VC.

Felipi1205

Spaceflight enthusiast
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Thanks! OK, the VC could be as the XR2 2d panel. And wait a minute, I'll take a picture of the Cygnus with the JEM in the payload bay...

---------- Post added at 12:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:31 PM ----------

picture.php

I couldn't use the JEM mesh, so here is the Shuttle Fleet mesh. It's the Endeavour and the Cygnus...

Felipi1205

Spaceflight enthusiast
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Hi! I had a problem with my computer, so I'll stay out this weekend... But don't worry, I saved all the files of my project in my Pendrive... I hope my computer come back to the normal soon. Thanks! :cheers:

Felipi1205

Spaceflight enthusiast
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Did you see the pictue? I can't take a new picture because of my computer, so I'm sorry...

Felipi1205

Spaceflight enthusiast
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I'm using my sister's notebook, and it hasn't 3ds max, so I can't measure the size. Next week my computer will be OK (I hope...) and I'll send the exact measures...

Felipi1205

Spaceflight enthusiast
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Hm... OK, I think tomorrow my computer will be back... I've been planning some spacecrafts in my notebook... When it's back, I'l redownload the 3ds max and photoshop, they're very important. And I've been watching the movie Sunshine, and the cockpit of the Icarus II spacecraft is a futuristic version of a 747 cockpit. Something like that would be good in the Cygnus. What do you think?

Cras

Spring of Life!
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
A next gen futuristic type 747 flight deck would work nicely I should think. Or you can take a look at the 787 Dreamliner's flight deck, and take some cues there. Very impressive.

Felipi1205

Spaceflight enthusiast
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Yes, I'll see the 787 cockpit, any picture?
And yes, you'll be my beta tester soon! :-D As the project is going forward, I'm going to need a coder too...

Last edited:

Hurricane

Grinfeld Aerospace guy
Reaction score
Hi! I'm back! The external model is almost ready, now I'm correcting the color of the textures of the front section and adjusting somethings on orbiter. Now I'm thinking about a VC. It should be similar to the Shuttle VC or something very futuristic? What you think?

Why not take a look at the shuttle's flight deck and design one of your own based on it? It can be quite inspirational (;

Felipi1205

Spaceflight enthusiast
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Hi again! I'm back to the project! Now I'm reinstalling the 3ds Max, as soon as I can I'll finish the VC... Now I'm thinking about the Mid Deck. Should I create a model of it? This would be very interesting! What do you think?

astrosammy

Dash!
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Would be interesting! If you add an airlock that can be opened, that would even make it possible to look into my Spacelab module!

Felipi1205

Spaceflight enthusiast
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Hi, I'm back to the creation of the Cygnus. Now, anyone has some tips or tricks to create a cockpit for an airplane?

Hurricane

Grinfeld Aerospace guy
Reaction score
Do you mean it like, designing the cockpit, or, creating the 3D cockpit?