OHM Space Plane Eridanus 1.11

fausto

FOI SuperMod
Reaction score

oscar1971

Reaction score
IT's SO strange.. cabin jettison is automatic as far as chutes deployment..

The playback is the best way to learn how to handle it.. in addition look at this video (ER-000 mission reentry)

http://www.livestream.com/orbiterli...64ab&utm_source=lslibrary&utm_medium=ui-thumb

Ok, I got the ejection system to work when it launches from Italy but not from the USA. It's pretty cool.

Now another problem I have is when I pick a crew member in the cockpit, he'll actually float out of the cockpit.

fausto

FOI SuperMod
Reaction score
Yes, this problem cannot be fixed..

I show you some pictures taken by FOI add on developer Ndudi who created an Eridanus paper scale model:

immagi13.jpg

immagi10.jpg

immagi11.jpg

immagi12.jpg

Ripley

Tutorial translator
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.tuttovola.org
Last edited:

Ark

Reaction score
So what happened to the promised bug fixes? Docking is still very much broken, not to mention the near-impossible atmospheric flight model we've all mentioned.

Last edited:

K_Jameson

Reaction score
Now it's time for Antares 2.5.
Later, the updated version of Eridanus.
Please, have patience...

fausto

FOI SuperMod
Reaction score
So what happened to the promised bug fixes? Docking is still very much broken, not to mention the near-impossible atmospheric flight model we've all mentioned.

Reentry is not impossible: I did it many times. This is NOT a Space Shuttle, so it has a different aerodynamics behavior and much more lift.. reentry is possible like shown in the scenario Playback.
Sorry, but this is not a "bug".

For docking problem, i found how to fix it.. in the next release there will be some other issues beside the docking bug.. :thumbup:

And before closing this post, an italian proverb:

The patience is the virtue of the strong

Last edited:

Cras

Spring of Life!
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
I don't think we are saying it should fly like the space shuttle, but I don't think it should fly like it does. Looking at it, it has no reason to be creating so much lift and should be requiring so drastic rolls to maintain a steady descent to the Earth.

Cras

Spring of Life!
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Is there a way to open the hatch going into the Fermi Lab? I open the airlock hatch on the Eridanus, but there is still a hatch closed on the Fermi side, and I could have sworn I saw a pic where you had a Ummu floating from the mid deck and into the Fermi Lab, but I can't figure it out.

I also have a bug to report. The VC windows seem to disregard certain things. For one, I have a celestial background, but it's intensity is quite low. Through the Eridanus VC windows, that value is disregarded somehow, and the background shows at full intensity. Also, in the Orbital ops position in the back, looking through the aft windows into the payload bay, I can't see the payload. The bay looks empty.

Last edited:

Napalm42

Drell Admiral, Citadel Fleet
Donator
Reaction score
Possibly irrelevant, but I'd say this, as I have quoted many times on other forums:

Add-on development is not always demand and receive. They've got other projects and things they'd like to do. You didn't pay for it, therefor they aren't liable to fix it for you. If they so desired, they could drop this project as it is, or totally ignore you. Fausto and his team are courteous enough to say that they'll fix it, so have faith in them and just exercise a little patience. There are other spaceplanes out there in the meanwhile.

That is all.

Reaction score
Is there a way to open the hatch going into the Fermi Lab? I open the airlock hatch on the Eridanus, but there is still a hatch closed on the Fermi side, and I could have sworn I saw a pic where you had a Ummu floating from the mid deck and into the Fermi Lab, but I can't figure it out. ...
Press F3 and choose Fermi, then press "K" and the hatch will open.:thumbup:

Cras

Spring of Life!
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Now I was having one heck of a time getting eridanus down from LEO back to the base on Sicily. I always was having to revert to a quicksave and try different things to get her down and slow her down enough to be able to line up with the runway.

Well, I finally got Eridanus down from orbit without having to resort to a quicksave, and man that felt good.

A few tips I learned on getting a good procedure, I used Basesync to time the beginning of the deorbit burn, 100 degree anticipation, 1.5 angle. Then I burned until my Perigee was about -60km. I know this is different than suggested in the docs, but I found the best thing to do is get Eridanus down to about 60-68km as fast as possible, and use the rolls to keep the vertical speed under control.

I used Glideslope MFD as a guide for the velocity. The altitude indications are not worth paying attention, as the Space Shuttle followed a more gradual descent in altitude, where I find if I try to mimic the same descent path, I will have way to much speed by the time I reach the base. Eridanus only really gets good decceleration down deep in the atmosphere, hence the goal to hit 60-67 km.

Also, the thicker air allows for no RCS needed to control the ship. Just pull back on the stick and rock it back and forth for the rolls, and use Glideslope as a guide for the site azimuth.

Then, when at the TAEM, you can pretty much land her like the Space Shuttle.

fausto

FOI SuperMod
Reaction score
New Space Plane Eridanus patch released:

[ame="http://www.orbithangar.com/searchid.php?ID=5473"]Space Plane Eridanus 1.1[/ame]

News in 1.1 version

-Docking port bug fixed. Crew creation problem solved. Other minor bugs fixed
-User can now store a secondary payload in the cargo bay
-FOI realtime mission ER-001 scenarios and payloads added

Have a nice trip!:thumbup:

Interceptor

Reaction score
Thank you Fausto,and the OFI team for all your hard work,I love this space plane,also looking foward to the next antares.:cheers:

raftdood

Reaction score
Download link...

Is there an alternate download link? Having problems with the one from Orbit Hanger.

Thx

Crawler

Co-CEO of PAXSA
Reaction score
Strange glitches with Eridanus

I have just downloaded the Eridanus 1.1, and I have seen a few strange glitches

strangeglitch1.png

strangeglitch2.png

This is on a clean install with Orbitersound and UMMU. The orbiter log shows nothing.

fausto

FOI SuperMod
Reaction score
:blink:
I give a look..

Which action does generate this bug? You see it after an animation or what??

Last edited:

Interceptor

Reaction score
Hi Fausto,we have a problem Houston, this is what happens in the first scene in Eridanus Missions- 02 - STP-ER-0 - On orbit scenario.Thanks

Attachments

• 12.02.12 05-40-17 Eridanus.jpg
    12.02.12 05-40-17 Eridanus.jpg
    329.1 KB · Views: 69