Updates SLS Updates

GLS

Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
github.com
Upper stage separation!

Somebody send NASA the download link for Orbiter... their graphics are a bit bad...
Oh, and the onboard cameras appear to be 4:3 but are being stretched to 16:9 🤦‍♂️

GLS

Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
github.com
This coverage even has music....
f3f8de87651d34a5f0deb99706f71980.jpg

N_Molson

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
You realize the insane thrust provided by those SRB when you see a skyscraper lifting off that way 🙂

GLS

Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
github.com
I wanted to watch launch replays, but from different cameras, not the same broadcast again and again.... it's like they got dumber instead of smarter.

clipper

Reaction score
Here are a few pics of the launch.
That second shot is surreal, thanks for sharing. Now I'm wondering if this is the first time we had someone from this forum reporting from KSC during an major launch like this. :D

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
You realize the insane thrust provided by those SRB when you see a skyscraper lifting off that way 🙂

This isn't formula one, where you can switch your TV to 20 different camera perspectives. ;)

Also I think the engineers should be first to see them. ;)

Max-Q

99 40
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.orbiter-forum.com
That second shot is surreal, thanks for sharing. Now I'm wondering if this is the first time we had someone from this forum reporting from KSC during an major launch like this. :D
I have more pics if anyone is interested, but these are the two best in my opinion.
Regarding launches, I’d be more than happy to go to more if you all want to cover my travel expenses… 😆

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
I have more pics if anyone is interested, but these are the two best in my opinion.
Regarding launches, I’d be more than happy to go to more if you all want to cover my travel expenses… 😆

No problem, we'll make a collection to get you to Andoya. ;)

(Still more friendly than sending you to North Korea, right?)

kuddel

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
So four RS-25 less in stock.
Mixed emotions on that: Better to use them than not to, but still.

Thunder Chicken

Fine Threads since 2008
Donator
Reaction score
I'm kinda ambivalent about SLS in general. Everything about it feels like NASA in the 1990s all over again. NASA PR feels like it hasn't left the 1990s either. The whole thing feels old, almost like a flying exhibition of spaceflight technologies past, similar to the vintage warbirds at airshows, but somehow not even as cool.

As for getting to the moon, the Lunar Gateway, etc... I'll believe it when I see it, but it seems like a lot of infrastructure just to put boots back on the moon, without much more benefit than saying that we can do it again. I'm really wondering about SpaceX and the HLS with Musk's recent distractions and shenanigans.

The whole thing is a big fat ball of meh to me.

N_Molson

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
The whole thing is a big fat ball of meh to me.

Probably because the PRs, as you say, are from another era. NASA could easily gain more popular support with a decent PR program. One that doesn't talk to adults as if they were 5 years old. Then again some americans consider anything federal as the evil incarnate.

And this is an unmanned test, that isn't even over. Give it time.