Skylab1973 v2.0, and Skylab1980 -- Released at Last!

replicant

The Wanderer
Reaction score
I have been enjoying this greatly. Here is an image from the first mission to dock with the station:

Slab01.jpg

Click on it for a better look, you can see the station and the CSM passing over Lake Michigan, and can even make out Chicago and Milwaukee.

tblaxland

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Addon Developer
Webmaster
Reaction score
Here is an image from the first mission to dock with the station:
Nice screenie.

A minor nitpick: The solar array on the side was not deployed until after the "parasol" sunshade was installed.

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
For Version 3.0: Will it get a VC? The Skylab was pretty cool inside, as far as I can tell from pictures, thanks to the pretty luxury size of the hull.

Moonwalker

Reaction score
For Version 3.0: Will it get a VC? The Skylab was pretty cool inside, as far as I can tell from pictures, thanks to the pretty luxury size of the hull.

That is exactly I also would like to ask. Why not creating the interior of space stations in general by the way? But the Skylab was much more amazing inside than the ISS anyway :p

I would love to have a VC of Skylab available :)

Usonian

Historic Ship & Base Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score

Ship interiors are above my current pay grade!

That would definitely be Version 3, and I wouldn't expect it for a year or more. If someone else wants to tackle it, more power to them.

Besides, I may have a chore patching up V2.0 to coordinate with the next SSU when it comes out ;)

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
Ship interiors are above my current pay grade!

That would definitely be Version 3, and I wouldn't expect it for a year or more. If someone else wants to tackle it, more power to them.

Yeah, I can understand that. I couldn't do such stuff either without a good mesher at hand.

Besides, I may have a chore patching up V2.0 to coordinate with the next SSU when it comes out ;)

Should not be too hard, I think we can simplify your chores by many ways... for example by finally providing a good Changelog.

The payload system is already ready for scenario file testing, there are not really many changes expected yet. Most stuff will now happen inside the payload vessel configuration file and the SSU module.

Also, mission planning is still a complicated job, some tools to assist should be really necessary.

if you need a beta for early testing and be able to give us ideas for improvements, just give me a PM, I can send you some compiled modules and assistance to get the current data from SVN.

Raghnor

Reaction score
Velcro Saturn - cannot download from OrbiterHangar

Hi all,
I want to try this amazing add-on using AMSO. But I cannot download Velcro Saturn from OrbiterHangar (Velcro Rockets went down pretty quickly). I tried for three days in a row but when I clcik on the download link, the browser hangs for a while and then tells me the page doesn't exist.

Who can check what's wrong?

Usonian

Historic Ship & Base Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Raghanor,

I just tried a download - no problem (and done in less than 20 seconds - good connection this a.m.)

I use Internet Explorer. I have to right click on the Download button which brings up a menu, then left click on the Save As item.

Saturn V

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
I just grabbed both Velcro Rockets and Velcro Saturns (I GOTTA try your new Skylab with AMSO!) in less than 10 seconds for both downloads. Seems okay on this end...