New Release Shuttle Fleet V4.1.5 Full Package released

David413

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
The latest version of the Space Shuttle Fleet, V4.1.5 has been released at Orbit Hangar.

[ame="http://www.orbithangar.com/searchid.php?ID=3730"]Shuttle Fleet V4.1.5 FULL Package[/ame]

As always, it is best to load this package over a "clean" Orbiter installation that only includes OrbiterSound (tested with V3.5). The fleet is designed for Orbiter version 060929 Patch 1. Included in this package are new manuals for the Shuttle Fleet and the GPCMFD which is included in this package. Also, Mike Norman's AutoFCS is included along with updated landing sites for Kennedy Space Center, Edwards AFB and Zaragoza, Spain (for flying TAL aborts). Please review these manuals for instructions on the use of these add-ons. All of the recent patches have been incorporated into this release, along with the ability to have a "new" fictional shuttle to fly as well (read the manual for instructions to add the necessary textures).

Thanks to my beta testers for checking out some of the new features, any problems remaining are my fault and are no reflection on them!

Again, this is a stand alone update to the fleet, but please install it on a fresh Orbiter installation so that any problems you may encounter will be somewhat easier to find and fix.

Enjoy...
Dave

Last edited:

Whatu

Interplanetary Stowaway
Reaction score
Sorry to nitpick, but it is actually Zaragoza with just one r.

Nice job on that shuttle :)

David413

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Yeah, I know better! Thanks for the clarification...

Donamy

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Great work!! Don't know where you find the time.

David413

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Thanks for the kind words Don, I'm not sure where I find the time either, I do regret losing you to the Space Shuttle Ultra project, but I wish you well...

Yoda

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Great work David.
This is a awesome tribute to the shuttle program !
I'll be flying your fleet long after the real thing retires !

Donamy

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Maybe we can convince you, to come over to the dark side.;)

Orbinaut Pete

ISSU Project Manager
News Reporter
Reaction score
I'm not trying to suggest/organise/recruit anyone to anything here...

But I would personally LOVE to see SF & SSU join forces;)

I'm just saying...

roblin

Reaction score
Don´t try to fool David413 with your sorcerers ways lord SSU! ;)

myles

Reaction score
Thanks David413! It's amazing! However, there is one little bug that happens with me: When GPCMFD is open, Orbiter CTD's when switching to the SRB's, ONLY in internal mode. It's fine in external, but as soon as I switch, it CTD's. Of the other vessels I've tested, GPCMFD works fine. I don' mean to complain, but I thought you'd like to know. Thanks for all of the wonderful work!

C3PO

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Stellar work! U'r da man!
:cheers:
We have cookies! :cheers:

Been there, done that.

See!!;)
come_to_the_darkside.jpg

David413

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Thanks for the invite, I really appreciate it. With work, family, and my health, I really don't have the time. I've been pushing myself lately to update the fleet and associated add-ons and I'm just about ready to take a break from Orbiter. I'm always available for questions, etc. and anyone can Email / PM me anytime with questions. Glad to help as best I can. I've viewed the Fleet as the AMSO to the SSU as NASSP, so providing the community with a simpler choice would stop if I left Fleet development and started working on SSU. I'm not ready to do that yet.

Thanks again for the invite, best wishes to you and the rest of the development team,

Dave

Missioncmdr

Reaction score
Awesome work. Good to see that you are still working on the Space Shuttle Fleet.

David413

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Thanks David413! It's amazing! However, there is one little bug that happens with me: When GPCMFD is open, Orbiter CTD's when switching to the SRB's, ONLY in internal mode. It's fine in external, but as soon as I switch, it CTD's. Of the other vessels I've tested, GPCMFD works fine. I don' mean to complain, but I thought you'd like to know. Thanks for all of the wonderful work!

I'm not quite sure I understand what it is you are trying to do with the SRBs. They aren't designed to be a focus vessel, so if you are trying to switch to them (for whatever reason), a CTD is probably unavoidable. To watch the SRBs, change the viewpoint using CTRL+F1, not vessel control with F3.

C3PO

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
I'm not quite sure I understand what it is you are trying to do with the SRBs. They aren't designed to be a focus vessel, so if you are trying to switch to them (for whatever reason), a CTD is probably unavoidable. To watch the SRBs, change the viewpoint using CTRL+F1, not vessel control with F3.

You could avoid that by adding this line to the Shuttle_SRB.cfg file.
Code:
EnableFocus = FALSE

David413

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
You could avoid that by adding this line to the Shuttle_SRB.cfg file.
Code:
EnableFocus = FALSE

Or, like I did, have this line of code in the source code for the SRB:

" SetEnableFocus (false);"

The SRBs have never been designed to have focus...

Opie

Reaction score
I am not able to grapple anything with the RMS. I get the "grapple" indicator on the RMS control box and am able to attach it manually but I can't grapple it with the shuttle.