Shuttle Fleet Shuttle Fleet (BETA) for Orbiter 2010

n122vu

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Nothing has changed. Most likely you did not have the landing callouts enabled in the scenario file. That is what will automatically arm the gear and deploy it on landing. AutoFCS has nothing to do with the automatic deployment of the landing gear. Although this beta version does not have a manual, the latest manual for the full, Orbiter 2006 shuttle fleet does mention this under the updates section. This feature has been present since version 3.9.3 and has been in the manual since then. See page 3 under the version notes.
Thanks, will check the manual asap. Sorry, I was testing on a laptop that does not have Orbiter 2006/Shuttle Fleet 4.3 installed, or I would have checked the manual before posting.

Regards,
n122vu

**EDIT** That was it. Landing was perfect. Thanks Dave for the info. Next time will wait until I have time to check the manual first before posting ;)

Last edited:

ddom2006

Reaction score
It worked perfectly :), Till I got on-orbit and realised I hadn't used your shuttle fleet (I was flying Soyuz and ATV for a long time) for a while and had forgotten the keys to open the payload doors :lol:. Is there an individual guide lying around somewhere? I need a refresher course me thinks :blush:.

supersonic

Add-on Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Website
fsxpilots.webs.com
You need the doc from Shuttle Fleet 4.3.
Just to save a little time:
Payload bay doors: K
Radiator: Ctrl + L
Ku band: Ctrl + U
ET doors: Ctrl + J

astrosammy

Dash!
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Please post bug reports to this thread

In the future, please post these type of items under a separate thread. I would like to keep this thread for any additional bug reports, and when I see a new posting I check to see what someone has posted. Thanks in advance...

Note to myself: read the first post... :lol:

Sorry David, I'll post it in a seperate thread soon.

DaveS

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Sorry to post this in this thread but could you do a recompile of the NASA Aircraft Fleet modules with the Orbiter2010 SDK? They all suffer from the "invisibility bug" which a recompile should fix.

No new features or anything, just a recompile to make them compatible with Orbiter2010.

David413

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Sorry to post this in this thread but could you do a recompile of the NASA Aircraft Fleet modules with the Orbiter2010 SDK? They all suffer from the "invisibility bug" which a recompile should fix.

No new features or anything, just a recompile to make them compatible with Orbiter2010.

Eventually. It does require more than just a recompile, there are code changes necessary (as I found out when I updated the STA). This is not high on my todo list right now.

Note to myself: read the first post... :lol:

Sorry David, I'll post it in a seperate thread soon.

No worries. See the previous post; apparently even veteran users can't start a separate thread! :rofl:

Columbia42

Reaction score
Just some bugs I noticed in the new shuttle fleet,
1) No OMS textures (I know this has already been reported but just wanted to confirm it).
2) The final approach scenarios put the shuttles out over the ocean a few miles off the coast of KSC.
3) In the STA at KSC scenarios the STA is positioned like 100 ft. to the left of the runway.

Mantis

Reaction score
1) No OMS textures (I know this has already been reported but just wanted to confirm it).
2) The final approach scenarios put the shuttles out over the ocean a few miles off the coast of KSC.
3) In the STA at KSC scenarios the STA is positioned like 100 ft. to the left of the runway.

2 & 3 might be something else in your setup. I get perfect center-line landings every time and everything appears to be in place (except for the OMS texture). Are you using the default base config or one of the custom jobs out there?

jethroo23

Reaction score

Um, I did notice it too. The final approach for all of the Shuttle Fleet Scenarios start a few miles off the coast. And the STA start also a few hundred feet to the left of Runway 33. Please help...

Columbia42

Reaction score
Um, I did notice it too. The final approach for all of the Shuttle Fleet Scenarios start a few miles off the coast. And the STA start also a few hundred feet to the left of Runway 33. Please help...

I think I know what the problem might be. I also noticed that when I try to load the STA scenarios, it says that a file called Sol_Alt is missing. Is that another addon that needs to be downloaded that has the bases in slightly different locations?

David413

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score

The scenarios were originally built under Orbiter 2006; the Cape area has been somewhat relocated in 2010. Will be corrected in the next Beta release.

I think I know what the problem might be. I also noticed that when I try to load the STA scenarios, it says that a file called Sol_Alt is missing. Is that another addon that needs to be downloaded that has the bases in slightly different locations?

No, I already addressed this issue earlier in this thread. Sol_Alt is the system that is part of the Expansion pack and I should have changed those scenarios to just system Sol (the default system in Orbiter). Please read the entire thread before posting duplicated items. Thanks.

jethroo23

Reaction score
Sometimes when I load a scenario "(ShuttleName) in orbit", the RMS Arm works and the Ku-band antenna retracts, but the Cargo Bay doors arent closing when I plan to use the Auto FCS to reenter...

Last edited:

Mantis

Reaction score
Sometimes when I load a scenario "(ShuttleName) in orbit", the RMS Arm works and the Ku-band antenna retracts, but the Cargo Bay doors arent closing when I plan to use the Auto FCS to reenter...

You don't have the radiator panels extended do you? You must retract them before you can close the payload bay doors. CTRL-L I think extends/retracts them.

David413

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score

You are rolling the arm back in once it is stowed, right? (SHIFT+X).

Last edited:

choppabob

Reaction score
Hi
Can't get Shuttle Fleet (Beta) to work for me. Major invisiblity problem with the shuttle and launch complex. Have re-installed half a doz times with no change. Log says:
>>> ERROR: Could not load vessel module:
>>> [Vessel::LoadModule | .\Vessel.cpp | 5432]
>>> ERROR: Shuttle
>>> [Vessel::LoadModule | .\Vessel.cpp | 5433]

When I replace the shuttle.dll with an older version it works in the older shuttle way. Put the new shuttle.dll back in and invisibility.

A system spec thing? I don't have the gruntiest computer in the World but it runs the new default Atlantis sweet as. In fact Orbiter 2010 runs better on my machine than previous versions ever did.

David413

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Okay, let's start slow. What operating system are you using? Do you have the VC++ redistributables installed? Install from here:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...75-3B97-4AB7-A40D-3802B2AF5FC2&displaylang=en

Is your Orbiter 2010 installation "clean", or does it have other add-ons installed? If not, try a clean installation and then load the Shuttle beta.

Was this on all installed scenarios? Were you trying a scenario of your own? If so, please post the scenario here.

David413

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Hi
Can't get Shuttle Fleet (Beta) to work for me. Major invisiblity problem with the shuttle and launch complex. Have re-installed half a doz times with no change. Log says:
>>> ERROR: Could not load vessel module:
>>> [Vessel::LoadModule | .\Vessel.cpp | 5432]
>>> ERROR: Shuttle
>>> [Vessel::LoadModule | .\Vessel.cpp | 5433]

When I replace the shuttle.dll with an older version it works in the older shuttle way. Put the new shuttle.dll back in and invisibility.

A system spec thing? I don't have the gruntiest computer in the World but it runs the new default Atlantis sweet as. In fact Orbiter 2010 runs better on my machine than previous versions ever did.

Did you ever try any of the suggestions I posted? Did they work?