Shuttle Fleet Shuttle Fleet (BETA) for Orbiter 2010

Fixerger

Reaction score
The only key changes are Shift+X in place of CTRL+X and Shift+Z will now shift the view to the ODS view and toggle the COAS overlay as well.

1. About HUD displaying... if you going to ODS camera from Virtual Cockpit - it don't displays the HUD. Sometimes when you jumping thru many views - mouse stops to move in vertical or in both direction inside of VC (is that about that 'V' key you warned us in manual? know that since 2006).
2. RMS camera works OK, RMS dialogs and speed work ok(?)
3. 1,2,3,4,5 camera views work OK.
4. On the right back sit... there's working MFD in default Atlantis... but camera can't reach it.
5. No OMS thrust textures.
6. Ctrl-Alt-Arrows for left back sit (at least right direction goes out of model).

Last edited:

David413

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
the step 1 dont work!
1º There isn't manual in this beta

Which is why I stated you should be familar with the Shuttle Fleet before using. This is a BETA version for BETA testing only.

Sorry Dave, i can't understand what Shift-X supposed to do? It won't change anything. Shift Z turns both ODS centerline and COAS.

Also, there's no thruster reposition for centerline camera like in 2006?

Yes, there is thruster re-assignment when shifting views between the ODS and cockpit. Shift+X takes the place of CTRL+X; on-orbit it rolls the RMS arm out/in. And yes, Shift+Z does both, I mentioned that in the description.

Fixerger

Reaction score
Thanks, Shift-X works well. Autopilot feels ok (flight profile and sound are ok).
Now I've installed Thorton ISS and running one of the SF scenarios... looks nice with some minor problem: STS-88 has another adapter position so ODS camera is in another position (but that very minor). Also when i pressing some keys like Shift-Z, 1,2,3,4,5 - they sometime need more then 1 press. That 1,2,3,4 views has 1 rendering problem: you can see Virtual Cockpit thru Shuttle's Payload.
Do i need to check out ISS fleet + expansion pack + 3rd party MFDs?
Also updated my previous post.

Last edited:

David413

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Please go back and read the manual from the 2006 Shuttle Fleet. It explicitly tells you not to jump around from the virtual cockpit to other display options, but to enter and exit the VC from the default cockpit forward view only. Almost all of the visual items you are describing are the result of going to other views from "inside" the VC.

---------- Post added at 10:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:07 PM ----------

Do i need to check out ISS fleet + expansion pack + 3rd party MFDs?

No, none of those items (ISS Fleet, Expansion Packs) have been updated for 2010 yet. I have limited time available, and would have thought this would be enough for now. *sigh*

jambooger

Defender of the Stupid
Donator
Reaction score
No, none of those items (ISS Fleet, Expansion Packs) have been updated for 2010 yet. I have limited time available, and would have thought this would be enough for now. *sigh*

David, I stumbled up on something interesting. I maybe cross posting but I wanted you to know. I Installed KSC Hi Res then STS Expansion Pack Hi Res it would not work in 2010. Then I installed your new Fleet 4.5 and now the ver 4.2 in the STS Expansion pack work!

Last edited:

jethroo23

Reaction score
1. The Space Shuttle Challenger, Columbia, Endeavour and Constellation has no docking port on all scenarios, I think. But Atlantis, Discovery and Constitution has docking ports.

2.I don't know if all of the Shuttle has a working Arm

3.OMS isn't showing when used, but is working.

Oh, and the um Shuttle Training Aircraft isn't working on all scenarios. Please help!

This is my favorite add-on! Excellent work, sir!

Last edited:

Xyon

Puts the Fun in Dysfunctional
Administrator
Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Webmaster
GFX Staff
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
www.orbiter-radio.co.uk
Preferred Pronouns
she/her
It's "Endeavour", not "Endeavor". Quite apart from which spelling of the actual word is correct, the ship was named with the English spelling method deliberately. ;)

David413

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
1. The Space Shuttle Challenger, Columbia, Endeavour and Constellation has no docking port on all scenarios, I think. But Atlantis, Discovery and Constitution has docking ports.

2.I don't know if all of the Shuttle has a working Arm

3.OMS isn't showing when used, but is working.

Oh, and the um Shuttle Training Aircraft isn't working on all scenarios. Please help!

This is my favorite add-on! Excellent work, sir!

The STA scenarios need to be edited; change "Sol_Alt" to "Sol". I didn't realize that error until after the release of the package.

The OMS is fixed and will be in the next release.

The other items you mentioned are scenario dependant as detailed in the 2006 manual (i.e., for the docking port the scenario file needs an "ODS" entry, etc.)

---------- Post added at 12:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:27 PM ----------

David, I stumbled up on something interesting. I maybe cross posting but I wanted you to know. I Installed KSC Hi Res then STS Expansion Pack Hi Res it would not work in 2010. Then I installed your new Fleet 4.5 and now the ver 4.2 in the STS Expansion pack work!

They may or may not work properly; as I have previously stated, the ISS fleet has not been updated to Orbiter 2010 yet. I am working on a couple of the ISS models in order to test a new RPOP_MFD, but overall the expansion pack series hasn't even been touched yet. Right now my focus is on GPCMFD and RPOP for the next beta release of the Shuttle Fleet.

n122vu

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
If they want to rate your addon poorly that is their prerogative. They shouldn't have to leave comments to simply rate, good or bad.

I see Dave's point though. Without knowing why the person feels it deserves a poor rating, or what they feel could be improved, the rating system (in my opinion) doesn't offer the author much in the way of feedback. True, it tells the author how others feel about the addon, but not what contributed to their opinion.

---------- Post added at 10:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:15 AM ----------

Oh, and Dave, thank you for putting this out there. It is more than enough. :thumbup:

n122vu

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Did a night reentry with Endeavour yesterday. Everything went smoothly until touchdown. AutoFCS did not extend the landing gear as it normally does. Only tried this once, haven't had a chance to try and recreate it. Here are the steps I took:

(Before starting I followed your instructions from earlier in this thread to add KSC as an option for AutoFCS)

1. Start the Scenario Endeavour Scenarios -> Endeavour on orbit
2. Go through the procedures to close the payload bay door (retract Ku-band antenna, stow and roll in the RMS, close doors)
3. Accelerate time for about 2-3 orbits until next orbit will pass close to the Cape.
4. CTL-F4, select AutoFCS. Took the default settings, selected KSC, and pressed SEL on the Pre-burn section.
5. Observed AutoFCS waiting until burn, performing burn, setting pitch rate, etc.
6. Line up and approach to the runway were flawless, however the gear did not extend automatically as I was expecting, resulting in a belly landing and rather sudden "Wheels stop Houston."

Thanks again,
n122vu

DaveS

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Did a night reentry with Endeavour yesterday. Everything went smoothly until touchdown. AutoFCS did not extend the landing gear as it normally does. Only tried this once, haven't had a chance to try and recreate it. Here are the steps I took:

(Before starting I followed your instructions from earlier in this thread to add KSC as an option for AutoFCS)

1. Start the Scenario Endeavour Scenarios -> Endeavour on orbit
2. Go through the procedures to close the payload bay door (retract Ku-band antenna, stow and roll in the RMS, close doors)
3. Accelerate time for about 2-3 orbits until next orbit will pass close to the Cape.
4. CTL-F4, select AutoFCS. Took the default settings, selected KSC, and pressed SEL on the Pre-burn section.
5. Observed AutoFCS waiting until burn, performing burn, setting pitch rate, etc.
6. Line up and approach to the runway were flawless, however the gear did not extend automatically as I was expecting, resulting in a belly landing and rather sudden "Wheels stop Houston."

Thanks again,
n122vu
Did you arm the gear? The gear won't deploy unless you have armed it first. Check the manual for the keys to arm the gear prior to deployment.

n122vu

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Did you arm the gear? The gear won't deploy unless you have armed it first. Check the manual for the keys to arm the gear prior to deployment.

I knew that was necessary when doing a manual landing, but I don't recall ever needing to do it when using AutoFCS. Did that change with one of the newer fleet versions?

astrosammy

Dash!
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Everything working as it should. I made a beautiful STS-1 launch. It looks amazing with Slats KSC and Thortons pad. Manual gear deployment was never necessary for me, in 2006 and 2010.
10.06.21%2021-06-08%20Columbia.jpg

Helicopter view of STS-1 launch. Background Music: Theme from "The Right Stuff"

Alexw95

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
the space shuttle is an incredible machine and david couldnt of done a better job re creating this machine thanks david

Yoda

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Everything working as it should. I made a beautiful STS-1 launch. It looks amazing with Slats KSC and Thortons pad. Manual gear deployment was never necessary for me, in 2006 and 2010.
10.06.21%2021-06-08%20Columbia.jpg

Helicopter view of STS-1 launch. Background Music: Theme from "The Right Stuff"

AstroSammy, could you provide us with a sequence of HOW ( and in which order ) you installed Slat's pads etc to reach the above result.
I seem to be unable to get this to work myself.

thanks.

David413

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
I knew that was necessary when doing a manual landing, but I don't recall ever needing to do it when using AutoFCS. Did that change with one of the newer fleet versions?

Nothing has changed. Most likely you did not have the landing callouts enabled in the scenario file. That is what will automatically arm the gear and deploy it on landing. AutoFCS has nothing to do with the automatic deployment of the landing gear. Although this beta version does not have a manual, the latest manual for the full, Orbiter 2006 shuttle fleet does mention this under the updates section. This feature has been present since version 3.9.3 and has been in the manual since then. See page 3 under the version notes.

AstroSammy, could you provide us with a sequence of HOW ( and in which order ) you installed Slat's pads etc to reach the above result.
I seem to be unable to get this to work myself.

thanks.

In the future, please post these type of items under a separate thread. I would like to keep this thread for any additional bug reports, and when I see a new posting I check to see what someone has posted. Thanks in advance...

---------- Post added at 10:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:03 PM ----------

the space shuttle is an incredible machine and david couldnt of done a better job re creating this machine thanks david

Keep in mind, the graphical aspects of these shuttles is due to Preacher_MG and mainly Don Gallagher ("Donamy"). Without Don's constant help, these models wouldn't be what they are today.

Last edited: