News Retroburn.info

Wally

Reaction score
A few days ago I stumbled upon Spaced iPad application, which is pretty neat and I wanted to have a nice website that does pretty much the same thing. That's why I came up with www.retroburn.info which basically fetches the news released from biggest national space agencies and delivers them in a clean, ads-free medium. The news selection is done manually, I try to choose only the most relevant piece of news. You can also comment any news in the Comments section. I don't have any ads, Google AdSense or any other means of converting visitor's hits into financial gain, so I hope this message will not be considered a spam. I just wanted to tell you about it and I hope I can get some feedback from you: what do you think of it, does this idea stads out does it worth it to gather/copy all the news in a single website, etc. Any comment will be appreciated. Thanks.

Orbinaut Pete

ISSU Project Manager
News Reporter
Reaction score
A nice site, I like it!

One of the most annoying things about space news sites is the adverts, which make the pages look overly busy.

Yours is very clean, very user-friendly.

Nice job! :thumbup:

As a suggestion, maybe you could also include photos & videos of some of the major events (such as the Soyuz launch)?

Wally

Reaction score
And now we have a media section, hosted by Tumblr (at least until I find a better solution). Soyuz TMA 20 launch and docking are on, plus a beautiful photo made during lift-off.

MikeB

Reaction score
You're doing a great job with the site - and the video is fascinating.:thumbup:

Watching the Soyuz dock with ISS, as seen from the forward camera, raised a question, which a brief search of O-F didn't answer. Is there a key to what the various numbers are? I can figure out (with the help of the audio) the distance and closing speed, but wonder about the others.

Does anyone know if the Soyuz auto-docking has been (will be) modeled as an MFD for Orbiter? I'm curious how similar it is to our standard docking MFD.

Tekdino

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Yay, good work! Bookmarked.