Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
If you need more help in the deep theory, look here:

http://www.orbiterwiki.org/wiki/Rendezvous

Of course, if you have any suggestions...write them yourself or wait for me to fix it...which can take a while, since writing the Skycrane Report has priority.

Chub777

Reaction score
I just tried it and I have a DTmin of 32.27 (Sh-apoapsis and Intersect 2) and 31.60 (Intersect 1). What should I do now?

Grover

Saturn V Misfire
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
wait until you are at the itnersection, then try mobing prograde using LIN RCS. if DTMin increases, stop and use retro-RCS (LIN) (press NUM 9) and it will get smaller, when it is close to 0, use CTRL-[RCS key] to use fine bursts, and you can get it to exactly 0 with some adjustment, then just coast to the correct orbit, wait until you are a half orbit away, then check plane alignment and DTmin are both 0.0, and perform orbit sync when appropriate

for a guide of orbit sync timing, use IMFD>Orbital>Velocity match, set the target, orient to the correct attitude (the + should be in the circle), then press AB when the time to intersection (shown on Sync MFD) is half of the required burn time (shown on IMFD), but allow a few 10ths of a second so you come a little short. then just approach it like in the sci-fi movies line up and dock, its easy when you know what youre doing ;)

good luck!