Problem Reenter with XR2

jinglesassy

Reaction score
Hello, whenever i try to reenter at any angle i always bounce off the atmosphere several times that i then die from coolant tempreture so how do you reenter the atmosphere with the XR2 i can do the xr1 and xr5 fine but not xr2 thanks

statickid

CatDog from Deimos
Donator
Reaction score
I haven't had any trouble like that... Have you ever used auto-reentry with the DGIV? if you just watch what it does, you can do the same thing with the XR2. In fact, i got the xr2 to reenter the FIRST time i tried by just taking some of the same precautions as the dgiv auto-R. I was already pretty light fuel wise because i had launched to orbit rather than starting there, and i used a very shallow reentry angle, I've found that if you go down to about 150-200 km, then lower your Pe to about 60km, you'll reenter nicely shallow, then i just used the auto pitch/bank functions of the flight computer on the dashboard to hold AoA and bank, watched the vertical acceleration and temperature gauges and reentered without a hitch, well... actually on my FIRST try it wasn't the reentry that killed me, it over heated and exploded for some reason while i was just flying around trying to land in seattle because i finished reentering around norther oregon and decided to try to cruise to seattle and land at SEA, then for some reason the whole thing over heated after about 15 mins within sight of the airport and the crew suffocated or something

[edit]>> sorry, i meant it exploded after the crew died and it fell to earth unmanned, not that it over heated AND exploded simultaneously

Last edited: