Support Reenter earth,and Land Donamys Resolve

Interceptor

Reaction score
Hi,I have been playing around with Donamys Resolve,and wondering if anybody has any methods for reentering and landing this fine ship.There is no autopilot,so is aerobrake good to use, or can you use AutoFCS.Replys would be greatly appreciated. Thanks:cheers:

Tommy

Reaction score
AerobrakeMFD should work. However, it may not be super accurate at first, until it "learns" the vessel. Check into the Aerobrake docs to see how to save a .ld file for future sessions. The Resolve is SC3 based, not sure how or if that affects the .ld saving and loading.

Spook27

Reaction score
Hi,I have been playing around with Donamys Resolve,and wondering if anybody has any methods for reentering and landing this fine ship.There is no autopilot,so is aerobrake good to use, or can you use AutoFCS.Replys would be greatly appreciated. Thanks:cheers:
Thanks for the tip-off, what a great new ship!

garyw

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Website
blog.gdwnet.com
Thanks Tommy, I am looking into it. Oh whats the .ld

Lift/Drag file. When the ship is below 200km you can press a key (Shift-S I *think*) which will generate an .ld file. This file can be used to enter from altitudes higher than 200km.

Personally, I drop to about 180km then enter using Aerobrake MFD.

Nemoricus

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I personally find Attitude MFD in Velocity mode and Autohover MFD to be useful in controlling spacecraft without dedicated reentry attitude control autopilots.

Your mileage may vary, though.

Interceptor

Reaction score
Hey GaryW, I have been using aerobrake, but I keep overshooting my target.I don't do this with other ships.How do you use autopilot in aerobrake,and if you can will you please double check on the right buttons to push to create the LD file, also how do you use the LD file,only asking because the docs, are so vague.Thanks for all your comments, their much appreciated.

Last edited:

Dambuster

Reaction score
I personally find Attitude MFD in Velocity mode and Autohover MFD to be useful in controlling spacecraft without dedicated reentry attitude control autopilots.

Your mileage may vary, though.

How does Autohover MFD help?