Humor Random Comments Thread

Thunder Chicken

Fine Threads since 2008
Donator
Reaction score
Also link to AI thing:

https://www.craiyon.com/

Also fair warning, most things are just distorted versions of whatever you type, but every once in a while you get pure gold. I'm also convinced this is why Skynet wants to kill us.
"Pigs in space" yields a lot of images that look like the album cover to Primus' Pork Soda:

Porksodacover.jpg

Making computers hallucinate is a lot of fun.

steph

Reaction score
Alright, I must first mention that I'm not at all part of the tinfoil or chemtrail crowd , I just found it interesting. I didn't think it would really be for the astrophoto thread, nor be worthy of an entire thread, so I thought I'd just leave these here.

Something is leaving weird, big-ish contrails in the sky, when all the other planes, even those at high cruise alt, don't. Saw it twice in the last few days. Now, I know, some planes simply leave contrails due to older engines etc., but I'm wondering if there would be a way to tell if it's actually the U2 or anything similar. Most are east-west (or viceversa) , so I'd assume it's something from the US that doesn't/can't use European airbases.

This one, a few days ago, looks more like a reentry trail/bolide. Was playing on the console with headphones, neighbour's dogs started barking, I went outside as there have been thefts recently around here and had left my bike in front. I actually started recording a few minutes, hoping for a sonic boom, but if there was one it was what startled the dogs in the first place. Photo with a plane passing by just for scale and to see the conditions

The second ones, the perpendicular ones,are from today. , with a mention that they persisted for hours with little change/eastward movement. All other planes were mostly contrail-less. Worst case...maybe B52s going towards China or Russia, seeing as the Taiwan thing is where it is? Looked on sat24, only.one trail was visible over Bretagne. Direct distance around 100 miles or more, but they were quite low in the sky. Not sure how to calculate what alt would they need to be visible, compensating for curvature

Attachments

• 20220729_213853_exported_11151~2.jpg
    20220729_213853_exported_11151~2.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 7
  • 20220729_213702~2.jpg
    20220729_213702~2.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 6
  • Screenshot_20220802-205605_Sat View~2.jpg
    Screenshot_20220802-205605_Sat View~2.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 7
  • 20220802_203437.jpg
    20220802_203437.jpg
    13.5 KB · Views: 6
  • 20220802_202327.jpg
    20220802_202327.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 6

Thunder Chicken

Fine Threads since 2008
Donator
Reaction score
Alright, I must first mention that I'm not at all part of the tinfoil or chemtrail crowd , I just found it interesting. I didn't think it would really be for the astrophoto thread, nor be worthy of an entire thread, so I thought I'd just leave these here.

Ah, the chemtrails have claimed another victim. :)

Seriously, pretty much any engine burning hydrocarbons will have such a concentration of water vapor in its exhaust that, under cold enough temperatures and low enough pressures, it will condense into a visible contrail. Aircraft with sooty exhausts (e.g. B-52) provide more nucleation sites for condensation to form. Some aircraft with relatively clean exhaust may produce a lot of water vapor but it subcools without condensing, and may condense far after the aircraft has passed.

As for what aircraft is making them, it's hard to say. A B-52 with eight J-57s looks like a cropduster with a wide sheet of contrails that is very distinctive. These pictures look like a single engine or possibly a twin-engine tail mounted aircraft. Gulfstreams and other private jets can fly 40,000 ft+ so it doesn't have to be military or chemtrails.

steph

Reaction score
Ah, the chemtrails have claimed another victim. :)

Seriously, pretty much any engine burning hydrocarbons will have such a concentration of water vapor in its exhaust that, under cold enough temperatures and low enough pressures, it will condense into a visible contrail. Aircraft with sooty exhausts (e.g. B-52) provide more nucleation sites for condensation to form. Some aircraft with relatively clean exhaust may produce a lot of water vapor but it subcools without condensing, and may condense far after the aircraft has passed.

As for what aircraft is making them, it's hard to say. A B-52 with eight J-57s looks like a cropduster with a wide sheet of contrails that is very distinctive. These pictures look like a single engine or possibly a twin-engine tail mounted aircraft. Gulfstreams and other private jets can fly 40,000 ft+ so it doesn't have to be military or chemtrails.

That's the most likely explanation. I'm definitely not falling for the chemtrail , I was just curious about what it might be as in aircraft model. Gotta keep a closer eye on Flightradar whenever I see this again 😂

clipper

Reaction score
That's the most likely explanation. I'm definitely not falling for the chemtrail , I was just curious about what it might be as in aircraft model. Gotta keep a closer eye on Flightradar whenever I see this again 😂
Flightradar24 tends to block a lot of military flights on the regular nowadays, so I'd suggest ADS-B Exchange instead where there's no blocking whatsoever and raw data is presented as is - plus there's a filter that lets you only see military aircraft and it's not unusual to catch the likes of F-16 and F-35 every now and then.

Linguofreak

Reaction score
Flightradar24 tends to block a lot of military flights on the regular nowadays, so I'd suggest ADS-B Exchange instead where there's no blocking whatsoever and raw data is presented as is - plus there's a filter that lets you only see military aircraft and it's not unusual to catch the likes of F-16 and F-35 every now and then.

Well, any military flight that doesn't want its presence/identity to be known can still turn its transponder off.

jedidia

shoemaker without legs
Addon Developer
Reaction score
then this is a weapon for us, we will soon be able to create our own NATO, but inflation affects the West
Dude, I can't even find coherence between the individual parts of this sentence, much less any connection to what I posted. I know this is the random comments thread, but then again, it's not the Dadaism thread...

Thunder Chicken

Fine Threads since 2008
Donator
Reaction score

I'd be excited if chorizo was found in deep space, especially if the moon is made of cheese. It would fit in with the Charcuterie Model of the Universe.

Matias Saibene

Development hell
Reaction score
Website
de-todo-un-poco-computacion-e-ideas.blogspot.com.ar

I'd be excited if chorizo was found in deep space, especially if the moon is made of cheese. It would fit in with the Charcuterie Model of the Universe.
It's like a dream for me, exquisite sausages and nuclear fusion.
:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO::cheers:

steph

Reaction score
It all depends if Proxima is of the fuet variety or not. As far as I've seen, chorizo is usually hit and miss. Not all are tasty. But that's maybe also due to it being usually spicy, and bad meat is easy to hide with spicy taste