Humor Random Comments Thread

kuddel

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
...but if it's useless for industrial data, ...all that's left is: use it for crap ;)

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
...but if it's useless for industrial data, ...all that's left is: use it for crap ;)

Well, its not useless - a cryptografic certificate that manufacturing instructions derived from a digital model had not been tampered would be one great asset for any industry 4.0 process (Imagine if any subcontractor would be able to produce a specific part in bulk, instead of being forced to talk in their specific CAD language and fear that the data is manipulated along the way to your disadvantage).

But since we are talking about standardization processes (I am pretty sure, the current PDX standard is actually just punch cards turned into XML by accident), this will likely take many years to come into production and will be the 19th competing standard protocol.

N_Molson

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Well, now you can be virtually rich without being actually rich - one can't stop progress....

Evil_Onyx

Reaction score
Nothing quite like an 8 hour work day turning in to an 11 hour day because an another driver did not do their job. I had an irate store manager spent far to long complaining to me when I was sent to fix it.

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
Nothing quite like an 8 hour work day turning in to an 11 hour day because an another driver did not do their job. I had an irate store manager spent far to long complaining to me when I was sent to fix it.

I know this kind of managers. I usually just smile then and think about how I will turn his life into hell later....

Fabri91

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.fabri91.eu
Nice. In my personal experience, everything over 50-60km starts taking a toll on me, and that's on flat terrain. 1000m of altitude difference must have been as much of a challenge as the distance
You are not wrong - thankfully the steepest climb was relatively early.

Notebook

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
News Reporter
Donator
Reaction score
What could possibly go wrong?

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
What a fun... my company computer account expired on friday, I first suspected simply that the password silently expired and I just had forgotten to set a new one in the past 90 days. Now I got informed, my account simply expired silently without warning, because it had a fixed end date.

Well, that was my 10 years at the same company anniversary.

Arvil

Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
he/him
Uh . . . You sure you still work there? :lol

Last edited:

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
Uh . . . You sure you still work there?

Thats what my girlfriend also asked. ?

According to my international mail account, I better should be back to work soon.

Artlav

Aperiodic traveller
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
orbides.org
Preferred Pronouns
she/her
I wonder how wise is it to keep working at a company that never expected someone to work for it for more than 10 years.

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
I wonder how wise is it to keep working at a company that never expected someone to work for it for more than 10 years.

Yeah, and the longer it takes to simply get everything back to normal, the more weight your argument gets. Looks like I am supposed to drive 800 km for fixing this....

jedidia

shoemaker without legs
Addon Developer
Reaction score
To be fair, 10+ years is a long time to work at the same company in western europe. Still, you'd have expected them to make some kind of administrator prompt before just canning the entire account... Was probably planned, not implemented ight away because obviously it's not urgent, and then irretrievably buried in the backlog.

I don't know how many times I answered a feature request from my Boss with "Well yes, we were going to do that at some point, but then you said it's not important anymore. Wait, here's the story from the bottom of the backlog, looks like it's abut 3 years old..."

Looks like I am supposed to drive 800 km for fixing this....
Ok, now that's just ridiculous. I hope you can at least log the driving time...

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
Ok, now that's just ridiculous. I hope you can at least log the driving time...

We will see.... but right now, the helpdesk is operating understaffed, which means that a new, young employee, who just started his career as sysadmin, has the unthankful job to fix this mess. We will see. I wanted to drive back anyway in a week, but not earlier... I'll take a passenger with me.

We can't really explain this from outside the MMC, the theory, that this happened because I had no unlimited contract initially does not explain why it happened after 10 years on that day.

N_Molson

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Managed to do my first 100km bike-ride:

Congratulations ! Especially given it wasn't flat terrain ! I did that back in my twenties with a friend in French Brittany, I'll remember it because it was a cold summer day of heavy rain and strong winds. The terrain was flat, but I was drenched by rain and the wind gust were exhausting.

Notebook

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
News Reporter
Donator
Reaction score

When the team involved in Black Arrow had it confirmed the rocket was being cancelled, they renamed the satellite Prospero.
Originally it was to be Puck, who could girdle the Earth in forty minutes. Prospero is the wizard who gives up his magic powers.

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire

When the team involved in Black Arrow had it confirmed the rocket was being cancelled, they renamed the satellite Prospero.
Originally it was to be Puck, who could girdle the Earth in forty minutes. Prospero is the wizard who gives up his magic powers.

What is the problem - I am sure a SpaceX Dragon could be modified to allow retrieving the satellite and return it home almost intact....