Humor Random Comments Thread

PhantomCruiser

Wanderer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Heard this on "Big Bang Theory"

Feynman, Einstein and Schrodinger walk into a bar. Feynman says, “It appears we’re inside a joke.”

Einstein replies, “But only to an observer who saw us walk in simultaneously.”

To which Schrödinger says, “If someone’s looking in the window, I’m leaving.”

I laughed longer than I should have. More so from the looks I was getting from the wife (who clearly did not get the joke).

Ravenous

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
A Neutrino walks into a bar.

Immediately the bartender challenges him: "We don't serve sub-atomic particles in here".

The Neutrino says "OK, I was just passing through..."

Loru

Retired Staff Member
Retired Staff
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
I need to get decent camera

need_better_camera_but_idea_is_neat.jpg

C3PO

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Good grief. And in the UK snow or fog closes our airports... :rofl:

I hear this same thing every time there's a bit of snow in London. "Planes land in snowy places every day. Why can't we buy some more snow plows?"

I wonder when someone in the UK will figure out that it isn't the snow on the ground that's the problem. It's the snow in the air!!!

If visibility is reduced you have to increase the minimum separation to keep planes safe. The dense traffic over the south of England means that it takes too long to land this large number of planes, and so some flights have to be canceled.

Artlav

Aperiodic traveller
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
orbides.org
Preferred Pronouns
she/her
snow or fog closes our airports
Hm, similar thing in Russia, when it gets cold enough that lubricants freeze in the car engines and the plane tugs won't start (-50*C and below).
But even then people can just get out and push the plane into position, since the jet engines would still run fine.
Cold is so much easier to handle than heat...

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5W-wX-Fc6Zw"]YouTube[/ame]

Quick_Nick

Passed the Turing Test
Donator
Reaction score
Hm, similar thing in Russia, when it gets cold enough that lubricants freeze in the car engines and the plane tugs won't start (-50*C and below).
But even then people can just get out and push the plane into position, since the jet engines would still run fine.

YouTube
When buying a plane in Siberia, perhaps thrust reversers and nose wheel steering are worthwhile amenities.

orb

News Reporter
Reaction score
Pushback is cheaper than powerback, whether these are passengers employed for pushing the plane or a tug. :p

Loru

Retired Staff Member
Retired Staff
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
In the last few months I've watched tons of volcano documentaries. Last night had proper realistic dream with super volcano eruption. TBH I wasn't even that scared dying in red hot liquid rock rain.

jedidia

shoemaker without legs
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Toothpaste was missing this morning. While I do not wonder so much what nefarious powers might have gotten hold of it, I am worried what dark corners it might have been smeared into :shifty:

Fabri91

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.fabri91.eu
In the last few months I've watched tons of volcano documentaries. Last night had proper realistic dream with super volcano eruption. TBH I wasn't even that scared dying in red hot liquid rock rain.

I'll suggest not ever visiting Naples then, what with the explody mountain right there.

Thunder Chicken

Fine Threads since 2008
Donator
Reaction score

YouTube

Yeah, just wait for mud season during the spring thaw...:huh:

---------- Post added 06-22-17 at 12:04 PM ---------- Previous post was 06-21-17 at 08:16 PM ----------

Burned out from the end of semester, a little jaded about students and life, I walked into the mail room and found a beautifully written thank-you letter written by one of my students who just graduated last week.

I then returned to my office and checked email and got another email from one of my current students with pictures she took of some offshore wind turbines during her summer co-op. She was really excited and thought I would enjoy them (and I did).

Faith in humanity: restored. :thumbup: