Humor Random Comments Thread

Thunder Chicken

Fine Threads since 2008
Donator
Reaction score
:woohoo: Classes cancelled due to snow today! Three day weekend!:woohoo:

Best part is that there is hardly any snow where I live, just on campus. I have maybe 5 minutes of easy shoveling to do.

mojoey

Bwoah
Reaction score
What, you never heard of Admiral Boatyface fighting alongside Nelson at Trafalgar?

mojoey

Bwoah
Reaction score
I'm afraid he wasn't on HMS Victory, rather he was on HMS Rubber Ducky. Quite an odd name for a Ship Of The Line, but she did her duty.

Notebook

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
News Reporter
Donator
Reaction score
Rubber Ducky, slang for Royal Sovereign, but you probably knew that...

N.

Notebook

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
News Reporter
Donator
Reaction score
Lost me there, I did like the Jon Stewart show, but due to circumstances beyond my control, can't get the time to watch US satire. Shame as its as sharp as anything here, probably more so as we haven't anything at all.

N.
(except for politics of course)
This to Andy44 above, though all others are welcome...

Spacethingy

Multitasker
Reaction score
Website
spacethingy.weebly.com
Letting the internet name things? Never really seems like a very good idea, although Boaty MacBoatface does actually sound rather adorable. Obligatory XKCD reference...

In other news, what if the Saturn V was powered by elephants? (some elephants were slightly exploded in the making of this gif...)
http://i.imgur.com/tDdQmeY.gifv

Andy44

owner: Oil Creek Astronautix
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Letting the internet name things?

Yeah, a few years ago Mountain Dew had an online contest to decide on a name for a new flavor of soda, and apparently 4chan got wind of it.

They had to shut it down when the clear winner for the new flavor name was "Hitler Did Nothing Wrong".

Evil_Onyx

Reaction score
w6976h0.jpg

Not aimed at this site, but far too many sites are starting to restrict access if you use an ad blocker.

Last edited:

n122vu

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
I'm afraid he wasn't on HMS Victory, rather he was on HMS Rubber Ducky. Quite an odd name for a Ship Of The Line, but she did her duty.

Rubber Ducky, that's the one. It made wartime lots of fun.

Notebook

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
News Reporter
Donator
Reaction score
Is that you in the video, or is it using your work?

N.

jedidia

shoemaker without legs
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Is that you in the video,

What, no! I just translated the manuscript from old new german (no kidding, that's what they seem to call the dialect) into english, and made a translation error, which turned "end him quickly" into "end him rightly" (seriously, though, how did "reschlach" turn into "rasch"? I really thought it might be a spelling of "rechtlich". Not that the language had any spelling rules at the time...). But apparently the translation enabled the english community to become aware of the somewhat... unusual maneuver described, and "end him rightly" seems to have turned into a meme. Complete with t-shirts. I should order one of those, I guess... :lol:

Last edited: