Humor Random Comments Thread

Furet

Reaction score
Are you French? Because that is 150% daft.

I don't want to run into a basement discussion but I'm not sure to fully understand your remark. :huh:

I guess it's related to a particular stereotype about French people, but please develop (just to be aware of what I could expect the next time I go to the US).

Last edited:

meson800

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jhl5afLEKdo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-dd4HqNOA4U

or Gumi
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1wc0D5NOWoE

or SeeU
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vEZnlurOJTw

I don't see what's wrong with thinking that virtual girls can be at least as lovely as real ones--although I would draw the line at preferring virtual over real. Now that would be weird;)
For me, those videos do nothing :shrug:

I just don't see getting excited about these virtual creations. The music is ok, but going to a concert to see a hologram "perform" or calling the girls "hot"?

jedidia

shoemaker without legs
Addon Developer
Reaction score
The music is ok, but going to a concert to see a hologram "perform" or calling the girls "hot"?

Robert-Picardo-emh-Doctor-Like_A_Sir-star-trek-voyager-hologram.jpg

TMac3000

Evil Republican
Reaction score
For me, those videos do nothing :shrug:

I just don't see getting excited about these virtual creations. The music is ok, but going to a concert to see a hologram "perform" or calling the girls "hot"?

I'm going to assume you are a straight male...hey, different people have different tastes. You're a real-girls-only type. Nothing wrong with that.

Virtual-girls-only (as seems to be commonly found in Japan) is pretty strange IMO, but I guess I'm bi...universal?:lol: I like either one. What can I say?:tiphat:

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
The good thing about loving virtual girls is that they never age, never have a bad headache on a Friday, forget your errors and never hate the few last real male friends you have left from university.

The good thing about loving real women: Everything else.

Artlav

Aperiodic traveller
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
orbides.org
Preferred Pronouns
she/her
I don't know what future generations will think when they look back at this trend, but it ought to be hilarious.
There are already local jokes about pop singers, inspired by these owing to some wordplay:
First the sing, then they lipsync, and now they are holograms.

There's just something about Asian girls...I don't know what it is, but it's there in freaking spades. If Asian guys don't want their girls, I'll be happy to take one off their hands:lol:
Hm.
The ones on Air China flights are, and the ones on the posters are.

However, walking through the streets of Shanghai you'll meet a whole lot of them who aren't exactly pretty. At least by european standards.

Fun part is, in public and tourist places the local girls would actually be the ones who try to pick you up, not the other way around.
For "english lessons over coffee" of course. :)

Anyway, i think the "attractive asian girl" face is actually somewhat of a hybrid, an asian with some european features.
So, you might not like what you would "take off their hands".

meson800

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
I'm going to assume you are a straight male
Correct :thumbup:

Virtual-girls-only (as seems to be commonly found in Japan) is pretty strange IMO, but I guess I'm bi...universal?:lol: I like either one. What can I say?:tiphat:
I see nothing wrong with that either :tiphat:

Though it would be interesting to see how many people fall into each category....

I intensely regret propagating this conversation.
...but on the other hand I'm in the same boat as Izack :lol:

MaverickSawyer

Acolyte of the Probe
Reaction score
You shut your mouth. You and I both know damn good and well that Rare Bear is best racer.

Bear still is a good racer... But he can't keep up with Voodoo or Strega, and Czech Mate is getting dang close to overtaking him.

TMac3000

Evil Republican
Reaction score
The ones on Air China flights are, and the ones on the posters are.

Boy, I don't know...there was this Chinese girl in one of my college classes, and she was positively traffic-stopping.

I don't think it's the body that does it with Asian girls (although hers was impressive:thumbup:)--lots of girls of all races and nationalities have nice figures--it has to be the facial features. Google Ruy Kiriyama and you will see what I mean. God, those lips:love:

I guess it's this incredibly exotic look that Asian girls have, and maybe something about the way they carry themselves...

ISProgram

SketchUp Orbinaut
Reaction score
At least the comments certainly are random. :) Go back five pages and you wouldn't have heard any mention of this...

Artlav

Aperiodic traveller
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
orbides.org
Preferred Pronouns
she/her
For the sake of randomness, here is an image of the electrodes in an abused Xenon Short Arc lamp, complete with drops of recently-molten tungsten, as an example that too hot might be, well, too hot.
KbUV0If.jpg

SolarLiner

It's necessary, TARS.
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Are you French? Because that is 150% daft.
I'm offended. :lol:

But yeah, go, go with all those virtual anime girls, and leave the beautiful Japanese girls to us (I mean, me, duh) !

---------- Post added at 18:30 ---------- Previous post was at 18:29 ----------

I'm going to assume you are a straight male...hey, different people have different tastes. You're a real-girls-only type. Nothing wrong with that.

bitsexual? :lol:

Matias Saibene

Development hell
Reaction score
Website
de-todo-un-poco-computacion-e-ideas.blogspot.com.ar
For the sake of randomness, here is an image of the electrodes in an abused Xenon Short Arc lamp, complete with drops of recently-molten tungsten, as an example that too hot might be, well, too hot.
KbUV0If.jpg

How do you get these very interesting things?
I have seen that has published many things related to electricity in the thread Retro Cool Technology, so I want to ask you
Do you work at something that has to do with electricity ?, or does it just a hobby?

boogabooga

Bug Crusher
Reaction score
Regarding the Japanese pop culture idol stuff,

And if I recall correctly, according to canon she's potentially a minor. :uhh:

That sadly never stopped Japan...

Keep in mind that Japan only outlawed possessing C-P only shockingly recently (last summer). One can't assume that what passes there as fine may be okay ethically (or perhaps legally) in another country.