Humor Random Comments Thread

n122vu

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
I've been in since Morrowind (still the best IMHO). IDK, Skyrim just wasn't able to hold my attention for more than 3 or 4 hours of total gameplay. I gave it 2 or 3 solid tries. Same thing with The Last of Us.

Izack

Non sequitur
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I've been in since Morrowind (still the best IMHO). IDK, Skyrim just wasn't able to hold my attention for more than 3 or 4 hours of total gameplay. I gave it 2 or 3 solid tries. Same thing with The Last of Us.

I dunno, I think it's pretty good. (But then again, I also really enjoyed The Last of Us.)

Steam tells me I have 127 hours, and I had it on XBox long before. Gameplay-wise, I think it's generally a step up from Oblivion, and the combat mostly blows Morrowind out of the water. Morrowind had richer lore and some more freedom to do what you wish*, as well as cooler enchantments (Fortify Speed and Jump FTW) and flight. Skyrim's overworld is incredibly beautiful and fun to explore, though. The dungeons are also much nicer.

* SPOILERY FOOTNOTE: I beat the game the first time completely serendipitously without following any of the main quest that could be avoided. I found Keening and Sunder by jumping over the Ghost Fence with a Fortify Jump spell and Slowfall amulet, then continued to Dagoth Ur, where he spit out a bunch of nonsense about Nerevar and I proceeded to kick his ass. Since I didn't have Wraithguard, I had to guzzle dozens of health potions to use the tools of Kagrenac. Later on, I found and killed Vivec, then looted Wraithguard off his body. But by that point, my character had such ridiculous power that the tools were no longer necessary.

kamaz

Unicorn hunter
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Modern avionics is amazing (check out the left MFD)

2zzGRlU.jpg

---------- Post added at 10:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:58 PM ----------

The a/c is Cirrus SR22-G3 and the avionics is Garmin Perspective

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2-DZIysbrx0"]Cirrus Perspective Avionics Demo - YouTube[/ame]

statickid

CatDog from Deimos
Donator
Reaction score
That cockpit probably costs more than my entire airplane!

...if I had an airplane, that's what I would say :shifty:

MattBaker

Reaction score
Also goes for cyclists. The bikes on top of your car should be worth more than the car.:lol:

llarian

Reaction score
Don't have a car, so my bike definitely is.

But at least I get to laugh while passing a gas station, the Friday before a three-day weekend.

DanM

Поехали!
Reaction score
Recently I wrote to Dr. Piers Sellers asking about career advice, today I received a very pleasant surprise in the mail.

QJK9XWF.jpg

"Dear Dan,

Do what you love first and foremost. If you're lucky (I was) and the opportunities are there, you could well end up being an astronaut. Buf if not, you will still be practicing somethig you love to do anyway.

It's good to do a few things that would make you an attractive candidate. Antarctica is good for a start. Also, a language or two. Also something operational like flying or sailing.

But it's not right reducing your life, you like to meet some imagined profile of an ideal candidate. Such a person does not exist.

Good luck with your endeavours! Maybe I'll see your name one day in the rolls

Best
Piers Sellers"

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
How much take has passed...

20 years ago, in 1994, Spiegel Online became the first internet presence of an established newspaper in the young WWW. One day later, the Time Magazine followed.

The website celebrates this a bit with a small biography of their own website and the development of online journalism since 1994... its pretty interesting.

http://www.spiegel.de/netzwelt/web/...icklung-des-online-journalismus-a-995631.html

Artlav

Aperiodic traveller
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
orbides.org
Preferred Pronouns
she/her
How do you make a hoverboard?
Perhaps make a few discs of spinning magnets, pave the room with copper, and float to your heart's content? :)

In other words, i was curious what would happen to a spinning disc of magnets over a copper slab:
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o3h9-gvTnYQ"]Lenz's law - hovering a spinning disk of magnets above a slab of copper - YouTube[/ame]

Scav

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
When Artlav gets curious, amazing things happen.

Cosmic Penguin

Geek Penguin in GTO
News Reporter
Donator
Reaction score
For the first time ever it seems that I have found an anime character named after a currently active spacecraft.... :hmm: