Humor Random Comments Thread

Linguofreak

Reaction score
You are getting FTTH everywhere ... and we are trying to squeeze the remaining few bits out of copper cables because our politicians are having their comfortable retirement positions in our telecom monopolist and refuse to invest into glass fiber.

His speeds are nowhere near typical here, and fiber to the home is nowhere near everywhere. Everything in your post applies ten times as much to the US.

E

ex-orbinaut

:hmm: That's new...

picture.php

E

ex-orbinaut

Thank you, interesting little article. This linked page from it shows the Dolores-Guayaquil Megashear as the red projection north-east of Quito, going off into Colombia. It is prominently visible from the air on a clear day on the way to Bogota (for some reason, I think it looks like a dragon's back sticking out of the ground).

As it is mentioned in the article; below, a picture I took, some 13 years ago, of a Nazca plate event horizon, most noticeable on the pale sediment 2/3 way up the picture, while on one of the course "outings", at a place called Crucita on the Ecuadorian coast.

picture.php

MaverickSawyer

Acolyte of the Probe
Reaction score
As it is mentioned in the article; below, a picture I took, some 13 years ago, of a Nazca plate event horizon, most noticeable on the pale sediment 2/3 way up the picture, while on one of the course "outings", at a place called Crucita on the Ecuadorian coast.

picture.php

As an amateur geologist, I'm utterly fascinated by that photo. Fantastic!

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire

Actually, if your sandcastle exceeds 3 meters in height, you just need a building permit and pay real estate tax, also you have to install smoke detectors. The color of your roof tiles might be dictated by municipal regulations. Also, in some places at the coast line the ancient spade law still applies.

I just can't see the problem here. Do you know how annoying it is, when such vagabonds arrive, tear down your hardearned sand castle and build their own homes while you are busy dyking your ground?

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
Yeah, because sand castles. At a beach. Always huge fire risks. Safety first, kids!

You cannot fathom out how risky this is. We even need to install smoke detectors above lathes. :lol: Think of the children!

Abdullah

armchair engineer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
14th August of every year since I was born is my birth-er-BATHday:rofl:

---------- Post added at 04:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:58 PM ----------

I just discovered how to destroy the Universe.
It's easy.
Do I tell?
Yes?
You really wonna die?
Yes?
All right. I'm gonna tell how to.
JJust crash Orbiter!!!:rofl:

ISProgram

SketchUp Orbinaut
Reaction score

Considering the current state of my stomach cavity, I will have to politely decline.

Unless I can unfry them. :lol:

---------- Post added at 05:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:57 PM ----------

I just had a thought...

How "easy" is it to code spacecraft and launch vehicles, if you gain enough experience? I seen some people making scores of the things (though not necessarily on OHM) and I was just wondering. :confused:

EDIT: By "spacecraft and launch vehicles", I mean add-ons.

thepenguin

Flying Penguin
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I just had a thought...

How "easy" is it to code spacecraft and launch vehicles, if you gain enough experience? I seen some people making scores of the things (though not necessarily on OHM) and I was just wondering. :confused:

EDIT: By "spacecraft and launch vehicles", I mean add-ons.

It's quite easy to start them, judging by the number I have started. However, it may be somewhat more difficult to finish...