Humor Random Comments Thread

orb

News Reporter
Reaction score
Ah ok... so its some sort of a time limited Demo version.
It's a full version, only limited by time you can play it (like also "Retrovirus" and "Sol Survivor"). Steamworks CEG allows that. You can even unlock achievements, which will persist if you buy the game some time later (i.e. not only during the free weekend).

Athena

Smitty Werbenjagermanjensen
Reaction score
I think i've spent about half an hour trying to find out where's the radial nerve in my arms...:facepalm:

MattBaker

Reaction score
I think i've spent about half an hour trying to find out where's the radial nerve in my arms...:facepalm:

As a kid I read about nerves and wondered what would happen if I connect my arm to a socket.

Apparently it hurts, the fuse blows, and your mother smacks you.

Quick_Nick

Passed the Turing Test
Donator
Reaction score
Not bad at all! :)
But...no SSD?

Not just yet. Prices per GB are dropping pretty rapidly though, so hopefully in a few months. Then I might even be able to get a decent sized one and not think I'm just going to fill it up too fast.

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
It's a full version, only limited by time you can play it (like also "Retrovirus" and "Sol Survivor"). Steamworks CEG allows that. You can even unlock achievements, which will persist if you buy the game some time later (i.e. not only during the free weekend).

Yeah... and after testing it, I think spending a few Euros for the full version today is a good deal... really well done game.

MaverickSawyer

Acolyte of the Probe
Reaction score
It's a Tesseract!!!!

nAEFu3r.gif

N_Molson

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Has anyone a good new to share ? It's not even 2PM and the world/national/local news already got me depressed for the week ! :suicide:

Xyon

Puts the Fun in Dysfunctional
Administrator
Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Webmaster
GFX Staff
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
www.orbiter-radio.co.uk
Preferred Pronouns
she/her
I was almost expecting a blank page but... Thanks ! :rofl:

What do you do when even the good news sites return bad news about the availability of the good news?:lol:

N_Molson

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
It's true that even a specialized good news site seems to have problems to gather enough to publish each day... :(

Izack

Non sequitur
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Has anyone a good new to share ? It's not even 2PM and the world/national/local news already got me depressed for the week ! :suicide:

This morning, the router wasn't working, so I went upstairs and reset it, and it actually solved the problem! :)

goaowonk

mnlaflojalee
Reaction score
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cuFMa77X-Rg"]The WORST Game Ever Made: CrazyBus Review - YouTube[/ame]

No comments :rofl:

Fabri91

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.fabri91.eu
Not just yet. Prices per GB are dropping pretty rapidly though, so hopefully in a few months. Then I might even be able to get a decent sized one and not think I'm just going to fill it up too fast.

A couple of weeks ago I got myself two Samsung 840 for both laptop and desktop, with 120GB capacity. I have to say, I was worried a bit about capacity, but 120 gigs are actually pretty comfortable, especially if you've got another hdd (a conventional one) for bulk storage, so in a desktop environment.
And really, the things are STUPID FAST. Not "a bit" faster, but "frikkin' orders of magnitude" faster. As artlav pointed out, it's like "telepathic computing". They are just so damn responsive. Considering you're not exactly building a low-end rig I'd really advise you to go for it, at least for OS and often-used programs.:)

Last edited:

N_Molson

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
No comments :rofl:

Haha that's a very good one !! Though he is a bit critical saying the only "goal" of the "game" is to "drive" forward : you can obviously also "drive" backwards. :rofl:

And BTW, the "maximum number" (of what ?) is just set by the maximal value of an integer (int). Truly terrible. :lol: Using negative integers (int instead of unsigned int) would even have been better : it makes more sense to have "-x" when you drive backwards from your initial position rather than suddenly getting the maximal value.

I'm so sad they ended developpement at v0.8. It was obviously a very promising game. :cry:

Last edited:

DanM

Поехали!
Reaction score
I will always associate Crazy Bus with this.

MaverickSawyer

Acolyte of the Probe
Reaction score
I will always associate the term "crazy bus" with the Jet Bus: a custom built bus powered by...

A J-79 afterburning turbojet off an F-4 Phantom II.

THAT was a hoot to see at the airshow. Even the GF enjoyed it. Roars down the runway racing Dracula (the biplane, not the vampire), and doesn't hit the AB until halfway through the race.
*FOOOMP* WHAM! *disappears down the runway*
GF: "Whaaaa?"
Me: "Afterburners. :cool:"
GF: "Again: Whaaa?"

---------- Post added at 23:02 ---------- Previous post was at 22:52 ----------

:rofl:
"I think I just found out why my internet connection's been so slow lately:"
8lQWjGa.jpg

Artlav

Aperiodic traveller
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
orbides.org
Preferred Pronouns
she/her
Designing hardware is conceptually similar to programming. You use patterns to produce a system that performs the given task.

Difference is, in programming making an error in calculations would at most make the program crash. Recompile, rerun, fine.
In hardware, however, something might explode, and you spend the next ten minutes hauling the smoke out of the room.
blown_irf_sml.jpg

Furthermore, in programming it's perfectly fine to find problems by letting things fail repeatedly and seeing what goes wrong.
In hardware, however, if you didn't do the forensics right and solve all the problems the first time, you would be doomed to see another $10 part blow up, and spend another 10 minutes ventilating the room.
And you can't be sure in the remaining parts.
blown_2.jpg

Programming, however, is something limited to things no one sees or understands.
While hardware you can show to your friends.
So, there's fun in that.