Humor Random Comments Thread

MattBaker

Reaction score
Father was diagnosed with diabetes, he's at least the 4th generation with it.

Sometimes you just look at the beautiful field of genetics and wonder who was like ":censored: this family in particular!"

Scav

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Father was diagnosed with diabetes, he's at least the 4th generation with it.

Sometimes you just look at the beautiful field of genetics and wonder who was like ":censored: this family in particular!"

Been there, done that. My father went through both types (is currently insulin-dependent) and last year had a quintuple-bypass surgery. He's fine.

His ancestry is almost exclusively German -- I swear, we take a hell of a beating but still keep ticking. :uhh:

mojoey

Bwoah
Reaction score
Indeed. Ze Germans went from Superpower to desolate wasteland (Thanks Zhukov!) to major power player in quite a short time. It would probably take a nuke to stop Germany.

jedidia

shoemaker without legs
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Indeed. Ze Germans went from Superpower to desolate wasteland (Thanks Zhukov!) to major power player in quite a short time. It would probably take a nuke to stop Germany.

You better aim that well... if you don't hit Merkel at first strike, all bets are off :p

MattBaker

Reaction score
Why? Without beer the German Army would surrender in exchange against a few bottles of beer per soldier.

I'm not sure if I can start another try for Matt's Law: The intelligence of a group of people is inversely proportional to the alcohol consumption of said group.

Scav

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
The intelligence of a group of people is inversely proportional to the alcohol consumption of said group.

That does make sense; it seems a fairly universal supposition. :)

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
Why? Without beer the German Army would surrender in exchange against a few bottles of beer per soldier.

I don't want to imagine how the German army would fight, if forced to be sober. A Jihad might be harmless compared to what would come if 250,000 man and woman are forced to go through one of the most terrible withdrawal phases ever.

"They have killed the Hofbräuhaus!"
"You bastards!"

Scav

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
That's got to be one of the most Machiavellian ways to motivate an army I've ever heard of . . . :shifty:

Artlav

Aperiodic traveller
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
orbides.org
Preferred Pronouns
she/her
Btw, Scav - why is your "A rant." blog entry give me a "you do not have permission to access this page." error?

Scav

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Btw, Scav - why is your "A rant." blog entry give me a "you do not have permission to access this page." error?

Fixed. :blush:

I was feeling particularly acidic that day, and was blowing off some steam. The American propensity towards ranting notwithstanding, I was concerned about unleashing too much of my venom in the wrong direction. I think it'll be OK now.

Last edited:

Aeadar

Lurker Representitive
Donator
Reaction score
Welcome back!

:cheers:

..oh, and...:hailprobe: to you!

Last edited:

Scav

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Now why I didn't think of that several years earlier? :tumbleweed:

My eight-year-old is already talking about going to Mars. I told him it's possible, but he's got a lot of work ahead of him before that can happen.

(I'm not going to automatically shoot down a dream like that; after all, it is possible given the right circumstances. The right perspective is, of course, helpful. After all, did Chris Columbus want to stay home? No. What if the Wright Brothers thought that only birds should fly? And did Galoka think the yuuluus too ugly to save?)

sorindafabico

Reaction score
It's only here the government has to run educational campaigns about using earphones/headphones when listening to music inside public transport?

Athena

Smitty Werbenjagermanjensen
Reaction score
Need something to do for 3 months...other than Biking and spending hours on the internet and playing orbiter..

Ideas, anyone?

MaverickSawyer

Acolyte of the Probe
Reaction score
:hmm: Couple of things come to mind...
-Learn to play an instrument
-Read the entire Lord of the Rings series
-Learn every nook and cranny of your local park
-Go camping (not the whole time of course ;))
-Learn C++