Humor Random Comments Thread

mojoey

Bwoah
Reaction score
I've been meaning to pick up the Walking Dead. You think the next season would be a good time to jump in?
Start from Season one, just like Mad Men and Breaking Bad, the previous episodes have a lot of weight

NovaSilisko

The Siliskoiest of Siliskos
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Y560r.jpg

Scav

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
As many of you know, NASA has a tradition of playing music to the astronauts to start their work day.

I got to thinking: if I was up there, and in the unfortunate position of pulling a Major Tom, I'd say the last song I'd want to hear would most likely be 'Message In A Bottle' by Sting and The Police.

:dry:

werdna

Astroarchitect
Reaction score

In the US, we aren't very lucky right now when it comes to reliable news networks of any kind. I'd imagine this wouldn't change much in other countries.

If your in a country right now where the elected officials actually care about the people in their country, I envy you.

We are also quite unfortunate in the Presidential Candidate dept. No one running here speaks for the people.

Any US citizen reading this, I'll tell you one thing that perpetuates our problems. WE ARE PAYING OUR POLITICIANS TOO MUCH MONEY! What incentive do they have to do anything correctly?

What should really happen: Politicians are not allowed income of any kind during their terms in office. I'm talking about any branch. They should be provided with housing, food, water, etc. during their stay in office. Only what they need, nothing fancy. Let's make a presidential museum out of the white house and create another building that isn't well decorated with a cubicle for the President.

Politicians need to worry about their own security. They need to always be afraid of negative consequences of their work. They need to be given less protection. Serving your country is not a job. It is a sacrifice.

Follow the money, people. Bribery happens on both sides. Take away the paychecks from the people in charge and you will eventually find different people in office. You can tell me it's not that simple, and you're right, but depriving politicians of any reward or gain other than positive political reform on their part is the first big step towards a better country.

Such changes won't come without difficulty, since proposing such a thing would anger the establishment which currently thrives on our tax dollars. They will say and do anything to stop reform like this from happening!

That goes for you guys in other countries too! Maybe if a well known country gets this done it will spark more interest in the rest of the world!

Tell your politicians they should earn no money during their jobs!

After all, the most important thing that will happen as a result of all this is is THIS PORTION OF TEXT HAS BEEN BLOCKED BY THE UNITED STATES GOVERNMENT ON THE GROUNDS THAT IT PRESENTS A CLEAR AND UNDENIABLE THREAT TO GLOBAL SECURITY.

n122vu

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Lost was a great show. Gave me something on TV to actually watch and and be gripped by. That's kinda hard to come by. I mean sure, there are plenty of comedy shows these days, but I want something to keep me guessing, you know?

I would completely agree. Never again, for me anyway, will there be a show that had such an amazing grip on my imagination and curiosity. It was in my opinion the best series I will ever watch.

Except for the last season. As it went on, it began to become obvious to me that they were losing their way with the writing. Lindeloff and Cuse claim the show's end was planned from the beginning, but in my opinion, the writers backed themselves into a corner that left them only one way out. And I don't buy all the "Oh, there was only one way they could have ended the show," or "I think they summed everything up very well." Preposterous.

*gets down off his "Rant about the LOST ending" soapbox.

n122vu

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Posting my contribution to the running gag in the screenshot thread. :p

Attachments

• Aliens.jpg
    Aliens.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 34