Humor Random Comments Thread

DanM

Поехали!
Reaction score
I thought people didn't post a lot in the brony group?
People don't, but everyone there would be happy for more activity.

---------- Post added 03-20-12 at 01:08 PM ---------- Previous post was 03-19-12 at 11:02 PM ----------

shEVa.gif

For anyone who tells their politicians to support spaceflight.

werdna

Astroarchitect
Reaction score
Reasons to support spaceflight:

I realized my colony design was too small. Even a 1000 m radius isn't acceptable for a ring with a landscape and buildings. Thus, I'm setting it aside for the redesigned version. It has a radius of 40320 m. It's perfect!

Compare+two+stations.png

If you look closely, you can see the older, smaller design on the lower left. When I build this thing, I'll need some funding. And every asteroid in the solar system I can get. If that's not enough, I'd have to invest in mining a rocky planet like Mercury.

The current estimated cost in today's dollars would be $100000000000000000000000000yougetthepoint000000000000000000000000000...

MattBaker

Reaction score
Holy mother of god, now you need 10,000 nuclear reactors:lol:

And you would probably pull the nearest planet out of his orbit, but who cares, everyone can live in that thing:)

werdna

Astroarchitect
Reaction score
Holy mother of god, now you need 10,000 nuclear reactors:lol:

And you would probably pull the nearest planet out of his orbit, but who cares, everyone can live in that thing:)

All I need is the power of my imagination!

---------- Post added at 07:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:44 PM ----------

I'm going to be posting pictures of the colony at the Sketchup Users group. I can't post everything in two places or my brain will explode and I'll never finish my colony. (PS. I also have this stuff on my website, look at the box below)

Artlav

Aperiodic traveller
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
orbides.org
Preferred Pronouns
she/her
To keep this thread random, here goes an infrared picture of some bread browning in a toaster.
toaster_ir_sml.jpg

werdna

Astroarchitect
Reaction score
SPACE.com: New Fashion Line Puts Hubble Space Photos on the Catwalk:

For example:
hubble-skirt-shadowplay-nyc.jpg

Large Magellanic Cloud Skirt :p

You know, this post reminded me of something related to space and clothing- hmmm, what was it? That other thing that people wear related to outer space? I think they're usually white? Was it SPACE SUITS? You know, the things you wear so you don't die horribly in the vacuum of space?

Those are the real fashion items of space. I want one!

---------- Post added at 09:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:33 PM ----------

Forget post 7000. What about post #6666?

Or, as someone once said in (Not mentioning movie to prevent brain damage),
"Execute order 6666!" And then almost all the Jedi were killed by stormtroopers.

Wait, what?

werdna

Astroarchitect
Reaction score
It was Order 66, and the movie wasn't that bad... :lol:

Of course it was! I was just kidding. But I must disagree about the second point. I'm a fan of three very lengthily (and very inappropriate, so I will say nothing more) reviews of the prequels. If you know what I'm referring to it's not worth mentioning due to the nature of those videos (even if they are shockingly funny). By the way,

This text is very large.
This text is very small.

littleplatonian

Reaction score
William Shatner and "The Captains"

Saw a cool documentary by William Shatner where he interviews each captain from the numerous Star Trek series. In it Bill even mentions his fear of death. Very candid interviews with Patrick Stewart and the rest. Real tear jerker...

mojoey

Bwoah
Reaction score
OY2g7.jpg

god I love this place
the back story is I had supposedly (don't tell Izack, he's still wiring me money) taken pictures of him dancing naked on a table at the O-F holiday party

Last edited: