Humor Random Comments Thread

jedidia

shoemaker without legs
Addon Developer
Reaction score
That cut it down by half, but its still pretty bad.

Well, at least we can say pretty savely that the cable is the problem now.

I found that the case was contributing a small bit

Sounds like grounding. Is any of the metal of the case touching the floor or adjacent objects?

I've already tried wrapping the cable in aluminum foil, it didn't help much.

Ah no, aluminum foil won't really help... Iso-tape does a better job, might be worth a try (at least wrapping the connectors).

As for stores, I certainly don't know any in the US... Getting an insulated 9-piner might be somewhat of a problem, I don't even know if they exist (I assume you are talking of a connector similar to this, as there are loads of connectors with 9 pins).

I'm also not sure if the connector itself is the problem, usually badly insulated cables are much more troublesome (they quite literally become antennas). How far away is the connector from the heavy duty parts (HD, CPU, video card)? Just taking the old connector and solder in a well insulated cable possibly might solve the problem, but I can't give any guarantee (also, out of curiosity, what else is hanging on that connector? it's certainly not just the headphones). Analog cables inside a computer are somewhat of a contraption any way you turn it, given all the electromagnetic fields in there. I usually connect my phones to the phone outlet of the speakers, but depending on your setup that might not be a possibility.
Alternatively, you might think about USB headphones to connect to your USB front port. Those are digital, so cable interference isn't a problem.

Or you could put a DI-box in there (ok, now that was just a joke).

Last edited:

Quick_Nick

Passed the Turing Test
Donator
Reaction score
Just checked out www.kcna.kp
Hilarious stuff. Frightening that people could be convinced of its truth though. Apparently the U.S. and South Korea are "warmongers" and South Korea is the greatest threat to the world with its nuclear arsenal, and that they are also incompetent at warfare. And do not disagree, or you will not live. (there's even a black banner about it on the homepage) And the leaders are the greatest human beings ever...for...apparently pointing at things and smiling at several facilities and schools.

NovaSilisko

The Siliskoiest of Siliskos
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Note: image contains strong language

And I am about done interacting in any way with the KSP community - this is the sort of :censored: I have being posted behind my back.

I gave him advice about not using the 3ds max auto unwrapper but he took it as a pure insult, so I tried to make peace and end up being called butthurt.

God dammit.

mojoey

Bwoah
Reaction score
Note: image contains strong language

And I am about done interacting in any way with the KSP community - this is the sort of :censored: I have being posted behind my back.

I gave him advice about not using the 3ds max auto unwrapper but he took it as a pure insult, so I tried to make peace and end up being called butthurt.

God dammit.
KSPF is slowly becoming a complete :censored: hole

Codz

NEA Scout Wrencher
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
He/Him
Just checked out www.kcna.kp
Hilarious stuff. Frightening that people could be convinced of its truth though. Apparently the U.S. and South Korea are "warmongers" and South Korea is the greatest threat to the world with its nuclear arsenal, and that they are also incompetent at warfare. And do not disagree, or you will not live. (there's even a black banner about it on the homepage) And the leaders are the greatest human beings ever...for...apparently pointing at things and smiling at several facilities and schools.

It's sad to know that none of that site was tongue in cheek.

---------- Post added at 03:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:00 AM ----------

Slow? More like an MiG-31 with an SRB strapped on.:lol:

Astronut25

Reaction score
As for stores, I certainly don't know any in the US... Getting an insulated 9-piner might be somewhat of a problem, I don't even know if they exist (I assume you are talking of a connector similar to this, as there are loads of connectors with 9 pins).
9-pin.jpg
I guess its called a 10-pin, with one of them removed.

I'm also not sure if the connector itself is the problem, usually badly insulated cables are much more troublesome (they quite literally become antennas). How far away is the connector from the heavy duty parts (HD, CPU, video card)? Just taking the old connector and solder in a well insulated cable possibly might solve the problem, but I can't give any guarantee (also, out of curiosity, what else is hanging on that connector? it's certainly not just the headphones). Analog cables inside a computer are somewhat of a contraption any way you turn it, given all the electromagnetic fields in there. I usually connect my phones to the phone outlet of the speakers, but depending on your setup that might not be a possibility.

Here's the inside of my computer
Photo0144.jpg
The case has a strange configuration. The PSU is on the bottom, and the case is very spacious.

NovaSilisko

The Siliskoiest of Siliskos
Addon Developer
Reaction score

Note that the post was from facepunch(I spit on its name), but the user is a (I will say wrongfully) respected member on KSPF...

Cosmic Penguin

Geek Penguin in GTO
News Reporter
Donator
Reaction score
I'm chasing after a non-existent orbital launch from China right now (should go within the next 30 minutes)..... :rofl:

Evil_Onyx

Reaction score
View attachment 9485
The case has a strange configuration. The PSU is on the bottom, and the case is very spacious.

After seeing that i would say your PSU is to blame. have you tried to run the cable up along the back of the case to above the video card before heading over to front?

Luke Skywalker

Rebel Alliance Hero
Reaction score
Many people say about duct tape, that it's like The Force, It has a light side, a dark side, and binds the universe together.

jedidia

shoemaker without legs
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Here's the inside of my computer

I assume that big fan at the bottom is the PSU, not the CPU, then (are you sure it's at the bottom, not just that the case is upside down? I know it's a silly question, but there's no logical reason to have the PSU at the bottom. Heatwise, its not very clever). Anyways, yes, the cable running so close to the PSU would result in similar trouble as running it next to anything else heavy duty.

Having the plug so close to the PSU is a nightmare, and as far as I can see you have to either run it by the PSU or the GPU. Very unsatisfactory...

You could try to solder a good cable into that plug and wrap the plug with iso-tape, but I'm not going to guarantee that it'll completely get rid of the problem. It will get better, but I don't know by how much.

N_Molson

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Ariane 5 / ATV3, ProtonM & PSLV launches the forecoming week. At least. I was starving ! :p

:hailprobe:

Luke Skywalker

Rebel Alliance Hero
Reaction score
Yet again, tools and materials used in ways which they were never intended.
In the case of Duct Tape.
If you have enough of it.
You can lift the world.

werdna

Astroarchitect
Reaction score
Launch vehicles should have meta labels like this plane here:
Kulula - Flying 101

Someone should create a space shuttle repaint like this for Orbiter. (Not the color scheme, just the added text)

To use Orbiter, double click on "Orbiter.exe". To crash your computer while running Orbiter, press Alt and F4 ten times, and then take out a hammer and

Eli13

Fish Dreamer
Reaction score
Someone should create a space shuttle repaint like this for Orbiter. (Not the color scheme, just the added text)

To use Orbiter, double click on "Orbiter.exe". To crash your computer while running Orbiter, press Alt and F4 ten times, and then take out a hammer and

And... and... and?
Dangit man! WE NEED TO KNOW!

werdna

Astroarchitect
Reaction score
Sorry, I couldn't finish my previous post due to technical difficulties. After dodging the explosion, I had to run back inside the burning building to retrieve my smart phone so I could post this.