Humor Random Comments Thread

mojoey

Bwoah
Reaction score
Well, I finally got fed up with playing in hacked lobbies, horrible latency compensation, and just an all-around garbage experience compared to Black Ops 2. Less than a week after buying it, I traded Ghosts in tonight for Battlefield 4. 2 matches into BF4 and I can honestly say it's a much better, more balanced game all around.

See I love Battlefield, I just...something feels like it's missing in BF4, and I can't put my finger on it.

Codz

NEA Scout Wrencher
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
He/Him
Has anyone else seen or heard of this movie? It looks quite promising, though I don't believe it has been released outside of Russia...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ya6tGohRIw"]Gagarin: First in Space. - Movie Trailer w/ English subtitles - YouTube[/ame]

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2856930/

MattBaker

Reaction score
How many bytes of RAM exist in all the world's computers?

Very hard to say. A lot of the best computers might not be known to the public since they're standing in some military facility in the desert. Or these facilities use a few million usual computers which adds up quite a lot.
Also what's your definition of computer? Smartphones included? Gaming consoles? That matters a lot, all xBOX 360's and PS 3's achieve something like 80 million GBs (too lazy to name the correct unit. Karl Marx gave the proletariat...OK it's 80 Petabytes.) All iPhone 5's (only 5's) have 48 Petabytes. All Samsung Galaxy S4's have 78 Petabytes.
Compare that to the biggest supercomputer we know of: Chinese Tianhe-2. 1.4 Petabytes RAM. Size doesn't matter, quantity does.

So the most important question is probably what is a computer? Is my GameBoy I used to play Super Mario a computer? It has RAM! Hell my calculator has RAM too and there are probably millions of his buddies out there. Maybe even billions.

Interesting question definitley...
And just to make a guess: An exabytes? Maybe a few exabytes?

MattBaker

Reaction score
When will YouTube be replaced, if ever?

If anyone can answer that question he could make a lot of money. And with the money you can earn with internet services it's probably really a lot.

Usually websites and social networks got replaced after some time. But they could as well just become part of everyday life like CNN became in the TV business.

If you ask me: Never. YouTube has a lot of content creators that EARN money with it. They will stay. And if they stay their fans will, too. Also YouTube is owned by a huge corporation. They have the power to never let it fail. And they probably won't.
The only thing that could happen is that it becomes more commercialized and there aren't many examples that show how the market will react on that (especially since the target group of YouTube are young people who aren't earning a few grands per month). But mobile phones have costs too and 99% of age 14-18 have them (in the "Western World", not sure about China or India:shifty:).

Or in other words:
Three Dollars for the make up tutorials under the sky,
Seven for watching a guy mining stone,
Nine for the celebreties doomed to die,
One website for the Dark Lord on his thrown
In the hands of Google where the innovation dies.
One website to rule them all, One website to find them,
One website to bring them all and in the addiction bind them
In the hands of Google where the innovation dies.

Complaints about wrong measure to my old german teacher (I'd even have his email:lol:).

jedidia

shoemaker without legs
Addon Developer
Reaction score
+1 for the most interesting Assault charge of the week...

I was afraid he was going to hit my windshield and all the glass come up on me."

For a cab driver, he knows bloody little about cars... :shifty:

When will YouTube be replaced, if ever?

Yes. Nothing lasts forever. We do not have so much data on the average lifetime of a major internet site, but there can be no question that it will eventually get replaced, and my guess is that it's already past, or close to its prime.

Artlav

Aperiodic traveller
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
orbides.org
Preferred Pronouns
she/her
and my guess is that it's already past, or close to its prime.
When will oil run out?
When will everything be invented?
When will Microsoft die?

It always feels like "about now is the peak".

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire

The universe is, instant by instant, recreated anew. There is in truth no past, only a memory of the past. Blink your eyes, and the world you see next did not exist when you closed them. Therefore, the only appropriate state of the mind is surprise. The only appropriate state of the heart is joy. The sky you see now, you have never seen before. The perfect moment is now. Be glad of it.

:hailprobe:

jedidia

shoemaker without legs
Addon Developer
Reaction score
The universe is, instant by instant, recreated anew.

Hey, that's islamic theology! :lol:

Well, more or less... I certainly based that statement on Gutt-feeling, not on data. In the fast-living world of computers, it would just seem unnatural for a leading website to stick around for more than 20 years...

jedidia

shoemaker without legs
Addon Developer
Reaction score

Well, was, at least... Can't quite get it out of my grey cells anymore, it seems... I think it was Ashaari, but I'm not sure. I know that it emmerged from an argument on Gods omnipotence vs. Causality, basically arguing that God creates the world every instant ("from time-atom to time-atom" was the exact formulation, I think), so he might keep causality when he feels like it, or he might not.

mojoey

Bwoah
Reaction score
BqU7VA6.jpg

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
I think it was Ashaari, but I'm not sure.

Ashaari Mohammad - who claimed to have been gifted with supernatural powers by Allah? Head of a pretty confused sect of Islam?

All I had been able to find is the norwegian saying, that the world is created new again, when ever a child is born.

MattBaker

Reaction score
When will everything be invented?

If you think about it that also includes a device designed for throwing pretzels five meters to a customer.
Or a car digging itself into the ground and drilling its own tunnel in which it drives while quoting Friedrich Nietzsche books.

So...I want to see these two and then you ask this question again.

---------- Post added at 03:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:03 PM ----------

Only 18 AP? Damn that's a pain to the max against yoa guais.

jedidia

shoemaker without legs
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Ashaari Mohammad - who claimed to have been gifted with supernatural powers by Allah? Head of a pretty confused sect of Islam?

All I had been able to find is the norwegian saying, that the world is created new again, when ever a child is born.

No, Hassan Al-Ash'ari, but I'm not at all sure it was him... Interestingly enough I can't find anything on it either, I remember it from a seminary on Islamic theology I took some 6 years ago. Mustn't have been a very influential teaching when I can't find anything about it on the net...

C3PO

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Winter has arrived! Wind and rain, gusting up to 43 m/s at the moment. :rolleyes: Now is the perfect time to catch up on paperwork.

In a small village here they found this in the river this morning:
Ruskbingja.jpg

MattBaker

Reaction score
Winter has arrived! Wind and rain, gusting up to 43 m/s at the moment. :rolleyes:

You call that winter? Snow on my lawn counts as winter! Last Monday. Although 750 meters in Southern Germany. That's a whole different climate...