Sire
Far far far north....

SolarLiner

It's necessary, TARS.
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Nerd³ Plays... Call of Duty: Ghosts - YouTube

I never cared about CoD, or any other FPS for that matter,

but 4:17-6:57 look like they combined the film Gravity with an FPS and a superweapon that looks like it came from Ace Combat.

For once, my faith on CoD upped a little with the interaction and the space scene. The only thing is that the Earth doesn't rotate and the faces are just emotionless. And it would not run on a NASA supercalculator, so ...

But I have to admit, they did the Earth well.

mojoey

Bwoah
Reaction score
For once, my faith on CoD upped a little with the interaction and the space scene. The only thing is that the Earth doesn't rotate and the faces are just emotionless. And it would not run on a NASA supercalculator, so ...

But I have to admit, they did the Earth well.

According to pretty much everyone else, that's the only thing they did 'okay'.

Evil_Onyx

Reaction score
They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them

MattBaker

Reaction score
I thought the Armistice is tomorrow?
Yesterday Germany had it's fate day. 165 years murder of liberal leader Robert Blum (pretty much the sign that Monarchists were willing to do a lot to crush the 1848 revolution), 105 years end of monarchy when two Republics were founded on one day, 90 years Beer Hall Putsch, 75 years "Kristallnach" and 24 years of a torn down wall.

If you do anything important in German history and it's October, wait a bit for the 9th of November. Makes it easier for school kids.

---------- Post added at 11:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:10 AM ----------

Also, anyone else following the World Chess Championship between Anand and Carlsen? Today it looked like speed chess in the beginning.:lol:

sorindafabico

Reaction score
Just a today's picture from a friend of mine who lives in Rio.

1453475_595553243825494_125057629_n.jpg

PhantomCruiser

Wanderer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
I've got to remember that the next time the wife gives me the choice to "opt out" of a trip to Seveirville/Pigeon Forge/Gatlinburg to take it.

My legs and right arm are sore from the constant clutch-brake-shift motion that I subjected myself after not opting out. One the whole traffic mess started, it took 1.5 hrs to go 4.5 miles.

It's a tourist spot, I dig it... But sheesh! I thought there was still a recession on or something. Where'd all these people come from to spend money in such a small one-horse town?

n122vu

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
According to pretty much everyone else, that's the only thing they did 'okay'.

I won't go into a rant, I won't go into a rant....

I've been a faithful CoD'er from the beginning (Disclosure: I owned BF3, loved the campaign, have hated BF multiplayer since BF1942, BF3 didn't change that for me).

This is, in my opinion, the absolute worst CoD ever made. The campaign is only 6-7 hours long (some say 4-5), and multiplayer is seriously, seriously broken.

n122vu

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
25% North, around London.

I'm not sure how that translates to a Southern Indiana native, but ok.

Cosmic Penguin

Geek Penguin in GTO
News Reporter
Donator
Reaction score
In spaceflight news, one other less often talked about things to look out over the next few weeks, other than MAVEN/the next Falcon 9 launch/Chang'e 3, is the sudden flood of small satellites launching within the next 5 weeks. On November 19, a Minotaur I rocket will be launched out of Wallops Island (where LADEE departed Earth just 2 months ago) with 27 satellites onboard that will at least shatter the record of the most satellites launched on a single rocket ever (the current record is 14, set by a Dnepr launch in 2007. An earlier Dnepr launch in 2006 with 18 satellites failed to reach orbit). Unfortunately this record is only expected to stand for only about 33 hours, because on November 21 another Dnepr rocket launching out of a silo in a southern Russia air force base will top the record with an astonishing 33 satellites onboard, some as small as only a few hundred grams in weight! The deployment scheme of the satellites is so complex that I am still puzzled as to how to write the launch articles by then!

Then on December 5 an Atlas V launch of an NRO spysat from Vandenberg will carry 12 cubesats (the second time an NRO launch has hitchhiked cubesats, after NROL-36 of last year). And on the launch of the next Cygnus to the ISS on December 15, at least 28 cubesats, all from a single US company (!), will be deployed from the Antares 2nd stage.

And on November 20 4 cubesats brought to the ISS back in August on HTV-4 will be deployed from the experiment airlock of the Kibo module on the ISS. And at least 2 will be carried to the ISS on the next Cygnus flight.

Maybe it won't be too long before OrbiterForumSat-1 flies...... :hmm:

Last edited:

jedidia

shoemaker without legs
Addon Developer
Reaction score
My wish-feature for google: search for things I misplaced somewhere in the appartment... :shifty: