Humor Random Comments Thread

mojoey

Bwoah
Reaction score
I'm wondering... am I the most despised person on this forum? I sometimes feel that way.

No, the most despised person on this forum? The guy who asks questions with no basis, then self-answers with no proof to back it up...

mojoey

Bwoah
Reaction score
The reason for some of my past inappropriate behavior on this forum is because I am actually on the autistic spectrum, and I have been in special education until high school. I am generally calm, and behavioral problems are rare/occasional.

I'm sure a lot of people here have various things different with them. Like me, I can hardly see without glasses. What you choose to make of what you have, that's what shows.

Izack

Non sequitur
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Just finished the second season of the new Doctor Who. Flipped a table. :bailout:

I'm wondering... am I the most despised person on this forum? I sometimes feel that way.
As a former member of the staff who've seen the things that regular users never should, I'd like to say: DEFINITELY NOT.

Edit:
The reason for some of my past inappropriate behavior on this forum is because I am actually on the autistic spectrum, and I have been in special education until high school. I am generally calm, and behavioral problems are rare/occasional.
As was I. Special-ed until grade 8, and on medication for shenanigans even after that, nearly till the end of high school. Still dealing with it, matter of fact, so I totally sympathise here.
Life is always a process of improvement.
Very, very true, especially for those of us "hindered" early on. Maturity and stability end up being hard-fought instead of arriving on your doorstep one day like everyone else seems to think they do. Don't give up for that very statement you made.

Last edited:

Artlav

Aperiodic traveller
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
orbides.org
Preferred Pronouns
she/her
Maturity and stability end up being hard-fought instead of arriving on your doorstep one day like everyone else seems to think they do.
Interesting.
I always thought that maturity is something one have to make for himself, not just get out of growing up one day.

But i never been diagnosed with anything behavioural, so i may not know what you mean.

PhantomCruiser

Wanderer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
End of second season... I think my wife and daughter cried for that one. IIRC, you'll need to see the Christmas special before season 3.

Pipcard

mikusingularity
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
I don't know if you're talking about old or new Who. I've never seen Doctor Who pre-2005. The new season ("series 7") is coming out this Saturday.

(one day after Miku's birthday)

Last edited:

mojoey

Bwoah
Reaction score
I don't know if you're talking about old or new Who. I've never seen Doctor Who pre-2005. The new season ("series 7") is coming out this Saturday.

Oh god the previews are awesome^10000000000000000000

jedidia

shoemaker without legs
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Yes. He definitely was. But I guess the olympics are not quite geeky enough for that yet...

garyw

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Website
blog.gdwnet.com
The reason for some of my past inappropriate behavior on this forum is because I am actually on the autistic spectrum

where abouts? you must be high end/aspergers?

If so, I personally find that interesting as aspergers tend to have a requirement for structure and order and so love rules and will follow them to an obsessive level.

I am borderline aspergers myself. I know the condition exceptionally well.

garyw

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Website
blog.gdwnet.com
Really? Very interesting.

Aspergers and Rules
Much has been made in the literature about the rigidity of the Aspie. A good example of this is their "resistance to change". Often the observed behavior isn't a resistance to change, but a binding to a particular rule or rule set.

The aspie is, to a certain extent, controlled by rules. The impact of these invisible rules on their behavior should not be underestimated. It is often a source of conflict and can also be the source of aspie depression.

Where do these Rules come from?
The majority of the aspie's rules come from their own environment. They can be communicated directly or implied. In some cases, the aspie will completely misunderstand directions and create an internal rule that isn't necessarily in their best interests. Changing these rules is difficult, especially when they've been in force for an extended period.

Source: http://life-with-aspergers.blogspot.co.uk/2007/10/aspergers-and-rules.html

This is classic asperger behaviour.

Pipcard

mikusingularity
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Yeah, I'm not really sure about that. All I know about myself is that on occasion, I have trouble with social communication (I'm mostly talking about here, on this forum). And sometimes at school, when we work in groups. I prefer to work alone.

garyw

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Website
blog.gdwnet.com
Is that autism or just the nature of the high proporation of electronic communication? Being brought up in a day when computers took up entire rooms and tim berners lee was just thinking about the web means I do have to wonder if the younger generation have lost social skills thanks to the internet being faceless.

Pipcard

mikusingularity
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Is that autism or just the nature of the high proporation of electronic communication? Being brought up in a day when computers took up entire rooms and tim berners lee was just thinking about the web means I do have to wonder if the younger generation have lost social skills thanks to the internet being faceless.

No, it's my autism.

Izack

Non sequitur
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Really? Very interesting.

Source: http://life-with-aspergers.blogspot.co.uk/2007/10/aspergers-and-rules.html

This is classic asperger behaviour.

That'd be mine; that paragraph described me to a tee. I still have some trouble with stepping on vinyl flooring while a car is driving in front of the house, or walking up a staircase with someone behind me, or putting a rack through the dishwasher at work while it's oriented with that one melted bit not pointing to the right, or not tapping my left then right index fingers twice on something solid before taking a stride with my right foot, or... :beathead:

Last edited: