Humor Random Comments Thread

tl8

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Is it ok for a 18 year old to want Lego Mindstorms? I really really want it.

RichWall

Sage Brush
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Well my Random Thought of the moment is how much I wish November would get here. I hate politics and can't wait until the race is over . I believe the "system" at least in the U.S. is seriously broken. I haven't decided whether the founding fathers made a mistake in not seeing this far in the future. (Blasphemer!!) or that the current system makes you corrupt by default. (Pay to Play) I know, I'm suppose to be grateful for democracy, but is anybody else tired of the News yet?

I don't think the systems broken, just the people in it.:lol:

But I do agree, I'll be glad when it's over. We do not have much of a choice for 2008.:(

Tex

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Retired Staff
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Well my Random Thought of the moment is how much I wish November would get here. I hate politics and can't wait until the race is over . I believe the "system" at least in the U.S. is seriously broken. I haven't decided whether the founding fathers made a mistake in not seeing this far in the future. (Blasphemer!!) or that the current system makes you corrupt by default. (Pay to Play) I know, I'm suppose to be grateful for democracy, but is anybody else tired of the News yet?

I know I am. We definatly have a corrupt voting system. For something this important every ballot should be hand counted, nothing done by computers. It would take longer, but would prevent hacking of the machines. Also, why can't we have a simple voting system, everyone votes and the winner is the guy who got the most votes. Enough with the deligates/super deligates.. Also lobbiest have to go, they really only benefit rich corporations that abuse the system to make more money while screwing the general public. Our founding fathers would be ashamed to see what our government has become. The Federal Reserve is another example of corruption and greed. It's actually illegal according to the constitution written by our founding fathers after our independence from Britian for similar reasons, so I have to believe they simply didn't see these kind of things happening.

Just my random thoughts of the day...

Cosmos

Reaction score
"I know I am. We definatly have a corrupt voting system. For something this important every ballot should be hand counted, nothing done by computers. It would take longer, but would prevent hacking of the machines. Also, why can't we have a simple voting system, everyone votes and the winner is the guy who got the most votes. Enough with the deligates/super deligates.. Also lobbiest have to go, they really only benefit rich corporations that abuse the system to make more money while screwing the general public. Our founding fathers would be ashamed to see what our government has become. The Federal Reserve is another example of corruption and greed. It's actually illegal according to the constitution written by our founding fathers after our independence from Britian for similar reasons, so I have to believe they simply didn't see these kind of things happening."

Yeah, I can only think that the founders incorrectly believed that those in future politics would be less corrupt. Although I'm not sure why, personally I would have designed out any way for anyone or any group or business to influence politics with money in any way. Then at least the Election wouldn't be about how much money your had in your campain.

unussapiens

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
nickgrant.id.au
Is it ok for a 18 year old to want Lego Mindstorms? I really really want it.

Definitely. Not only is it incredibly fun to stuff around with, but many universities use it in their engineering courses, you could claim it's homework if you want an excuse (not that you need one).

Wow, my hair comes past my shoulders!

Last edited:

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
The Emperator demands a Cheeseburger and his court marshall! How can somebody rule a bigger Empire than a lonely island with this court! Idiots! I am surrounded by Idiots! Can't there be even one clerk who knows his business? No surprise the realm is in decay!

NukeET

Gen 1:1
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Website
sites.google.com
Hey!!

Who siphoned the blood out of my cat?

My reality check just bounced.

Artificial Intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

If we quit voting will they all go away?

[FONT=&quot]It's only a hobby ... only a hobby ... only a[/FONT]

unussapiens

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
nickgrant.id.au
Hehehe, a few hours after my last post in this thread I became the happy owner of yet another large LEGO set (Nearly 800 pieces). It's a tyrannosaurus and it roars.

Argh, school resumes tomorrow, no more sitting in front of the computer for days on end. :(

Omhra

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
I woke up just 40 minutes from reaching the ISS with a XR5 on the laptop I keep by my bed (and my wife's bed... (she understands my addiction)) after a flawless takeoff last night reaching Mach 17+ with scrams... very beautiful. Letting the ISS catch up to me over night.
Only to press the time acceleration once too many and miss the retro burn time... DAMN

MJR

C++ developer in the mix
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Donator
Reaction score
Hehehe, a few hours after my last post in this thread I became the happy owner of yet another large LEGO set (Nearly 800 pieces). It's a tyrannosaurus and it roars.

Argh, school resumes tomorrow, no more sitting in front of the computer for days on end. :(
Me too.

RAF92_Moser

Reaction score
Today, the campus cafeteria created the best meatloaf I have tasted yet. Combined with the power of mashed potatoes and gravy, plus corn, they have created a meal yet unmatched by lesser mortals.

computerex

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I got my learner's license :D It's a wonder...I didn't read the handbook, as I found it to be mind numbingly boring.

adamb193

Lighting Geek
Reaction score
The Emperator demands a Cheeseburger and his court marshall! How can somebody rule a bigger Empire than a lonely island with this court! Idiots! I am surrounded by Idiots! Can't there be even one clerk who knows his business? No surprise the realm is in decay!

Ahh... at least you have a habitable Empire all I got is, the south pole, the Moon, Mars, and the moons of Saturn and Jupiter, dang Russkies, claiming that oil at the North Pole, well at least no one has tried to invade my soverign Empire.