Humor Random Comments Thread

TMac3000

Evil Republican
Reaction score
Broke out my 20-year old Radio Shack chess computer this morning, and let me tell you, age has not slowed it down. The :censored:ing thing had my rook trapped in less than ten moves. I'm not a poor player by any means, but that was frustrating:(

I'll start another game, and post the moves here. I'd love to get some feedback. I'm playing white btw:)

1. d4 e5

The reverse center-counter is one I haven't seen in a long time:hmm: It seems pretty risky for the computer, as it could potentially leave his king wide open.

Pipcard

mikusingularity
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Okay, this is the new Hatsunia flag:

Hatsunia2.png

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
Still too complex.

Scruce

Ad astra per aspera
Reaction score
A funny thing happened when I Googled 'Zerg rush' earlier... :p

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
Now the pony stuff really gets out of control. After the chairman of the liberal party of Germany accused the green party to plan banning "pony ads" ("Ponywerbung"), the green party homepage is now officially showing "pony ads".

http://www.gruene.de/

mojoey

Bwoah
Reaction score
I wonder how many of those little Easter eggs Google has?:lol:

Considering the concentration of nerds and geeks (even higher than here...but you guys are the loveable nerds, google nerds are the 'stay up 96 hours playinw WoW' nerds) it's bound to be chock full of them

Pipcard

mikusingularity
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Now the pony stuff really gets out of control. After the chairman of the liberal party of Germany accused the green party to plan banning "pony ads" ("Ponywerbung"), the green party homepage is now officially showing "pony ads".

http://www.gruene.de/

I was expecting FiM.

Anyways, have you noticed that the logo for Orbiter-Forum has a different "R" for "Orbiter" and "Forum"?

Last edited:

Linguofreak

Reaction score
Not really, internet slang is pretty much international. Even a German writes "can I haz cheezburger", or "epic fail"...

Yeah. I've been exposed to enough of that kind of thing in non-internet German that it's not so much surprising as amusing.

When I was in Germany, it was always confusing when people behind me answered their phones with "Hi". When there aren't many native English speakers around and you hear "Hi", you tend to think it's meant for you.

It would be funny to see a "Ich kann haatt Tschiesbörgörs?" lolcat, though.

n122vu

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
I wonder how many of those little Easter eggs Google has?:lol:

Two more that I know of are "do a barrel roll" or "Z or R twice" - both make the page rotate 360 degrees in an homage to Starfox64.

**Edit** Complete list here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Google's_hoaxes_and_easter_eggs

In Google Maps, when "The Shire" or "Rivendell" is entered as the start point and "Mordor" as the destination and the walking directions button is clicked, the directions return the warning: "Use caution – One does not simply walk into Mordor."
:lol:

Last edited:

Scruce

Ad astra per aspera
Reaction score
4429113295_6f24cf3229_b.jpg

When conditions are just right, the low pressure at the center of a wingtip vortex can drop the local temperature below the dew point, causing condensation to form. Here vortices are visible extending from the tips of the propellers in addition to the wingtip. Because of the spinning of the propeller and the forward motion of the airplane, the prop vortices extend backwards in a twisted spiral that will quickly break down into turbulence.

The same behavior can be observed with helicopter blades:
tumblr_lb0x7vX2Gk1qckzoqo1_500.jpg

Like airplane wings, helicopter blades have tip vortices. In this photo, the air’s humidity was great enough that the acceleration caused by the passing of the blades caused a pressure drop great enough to condense the moisture, making the tip vortices visible to the naked eye.