Humor Random Comments Thread

jedidia

shoemaker without legs
Addon Developer
Reaction score
in my world, t1 and t2 are just nanoseconds anyway.
Unfortunately, my world extends to the frontend, where the information of how many nanoseconds passed since Jan first 1970 is often considered less than helpful by the consumers... 🤪

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
Unfortunately, my world extends to the frontend, where the information of how many nanoseconds passed since Jan first 1970 is often considered less than helpful by the consumers... 🤪

Thats another departments problem. :D (No, not really, no. But I can still pretend that I don't need to use the standard ISO DateTime classes at least THIS year.)

GLS

Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
github.com
Rarely an XKCD strip has hit me as hard as this one...
I worked on a system where sometimes I actually would get negative values when doing t2 - t1. 🤯
The result was then printed, and instead of ~300ms it would be -123456789... in 64b. Later in the process, some other device would not be able to parse such a large number and kaput. Turned out that another process was sometimes setting the system date in those ~300ms, and that would "reset" the seconds to "sec.0", thus resulting in the occasional negative value. 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

TheShuttleExperience

Reaction score
Almost a perfect tiny house...

I would only add a gaming area next to the sofa and enlarge the terrace to add a whirlpool (encased with glass for the winter).

jedidia

shoemaker without legs
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Ah, good old tyche. I remember completely not getting it when I saw an episode for the first time. Later, after having gotten some 20 years older, I realised that I loved it! :)

Whoa what, wait, from the videos popping up after watching that one I just realised there was a second season! I didn't know! Dammit, now I'll have to somehow get my hands on it!

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
Ah, good old tyche. I remember completely not getting it when I saw an episode for the first time. Later, after having gotten some 20 years older, I realised that I loved it! :)

I went through this process in 5 minutes. :D By the trailers it was looking like a typical German TV shipwreck, but watched the first episode anyway and suddenly loved it.

Buck Rogers

Major Spacecadet
Reaction score
Tichy is wonderful! Saved my opinion on german humour and tv/film creativity!
Would be interesting to see that in Orbiter:unsure::)

jedidia

shoemaker without legs
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Intellij correcting my code comments:

To strengthen your wording, consider using a synonym for 'bad'.
Incorrect:
This is really bad.
Correct:
This is terrible.
It manages to remind me of Stackoverflow and dwarf fortress at the same time. Not a small feat...

TheShuttleExperience

Reaction score
Today I thought: omg it's only 15 years left until I become 60 years old 😵 I still feel like 20 (and look like 30 according to fellows). We all know that 15 years is nothing. It's so far away in my mind but not on my passport. And from 60 it's only a few years until pension 👀

I just figured out that the pilot of NASAs Crew-8 mission is 65 years old. So I guess I just continue to build my spaceflight sim setup in my new (and final) apartment. I don't have to worry about aging in this department obviously 😂

jedidia

shoemaker without legs
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Any library I've ever worked with ever since I was a kid: RGBA consists of 4 values that are either integers from 0 to 255 or floats from 0 to 1.
css: RGBA are 3 integers from 0 to 255, and one float from 0 to 1.
css: Sticking to the principle of most surprise since its inception! 🤦‍♂️ (I miss the old "bang head against wall" emoji for when a facepalm just doesn't cover it).

kuddel

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
...you could also use "percentage" values for R, G & B ... whether this is any better is still questionable ;)

TheShuttleExperience

Reaction score
When you write your own pdf textbook about the basics of spaceflight... and you just find out such a book already exists that includes the same graphics and sources 👀 So I won't finish mine to safe time. But good to know one would be able to write a college-level undergraduate textbook without being an academic person. So, just pure interest and autodidactic learning can be very powerful.