Humor Random Comments Thread

MaverickSawyer

Acolyte of the Probe
Reaction score
Well, that was almost what I heard from the senior classmate that was trying to start ol' Smokey. "Why's it making so much smoke, and why isn't N1 rising like it's supposed to?"
Teammate: quietly reaches over and toggles the ignition circuit switch.
FOOOMPHeeeeeeEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!
"Oh."

Fabri91

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.fabri91.eu
I know that feeling, somebody here is driving an old Oldsmobile 98 or similar. Feels really surreal among all those new tiny cars, even a big SUV looks small next to it.

In the car park where I often park for work stands an rather old car (~late 90s) that could look really beautiful, if the owner would not let it rot away there. It has never moved since I park there. But I fail to identify even the manufacturer of it, it is looking really worn. It looks somewhat French to me, like a modern brother of the Citroen SM. I should really take a picture of it.

Something similar happened to me: some time ago, for about two-three years I'd see this unidentified classic car (late 1960s mid-size sedan) more or less everyday while driving to the station. Finally one summer I took a walk to its location, thinking it to be an American car that I'd never heard of, but in the end it turned out to be...a Soviet Volga M24:
akDVUMw.jpg

Album (3 pictures)

Wikipedia article

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
The new season of Homeland, that was produced in Berlin, got some really sneaking criticism into it without the film crew really noticing it. They wanted to build a lebanese refugee camp and tasked some local Arabian graffiti artists to decorate them with Arabian graffiti...

Now, you can enjoy real Arabian graffiti in TV:

"Homeland is fake"
"Homeland is a joke and we are not laughing"
"Homeland is no serial"
"We have not defended ourselves, so we got conquered by somebody riding a donkey" (Means: Don't be surprised, if you are not fighting back.)
"Homeland is racist"
"Freedom. Now in 3D"
"There is no homeland"
"#blacklivesmatter"

I can really understand it... Homeland paints the darkest 1980s-republican version of the Arabians, which is extremely far from truth. (But the political implications of homeland would be even too harsh for the basement)

Source: http://www.bento.de/tv/homeland-hacker-graffiti-in-arabisch-kritisiert-serie-53222/

ISProgram

SketchUp Orbinaut
Reaction score
Computer is acting very suspicious now, it inexplicably will close every application that might be up while it's in sleep mode. It's doing this very inconsistently, first time I was under the impression it was my fault, not so sure now.

Certainly wasn't doing this a week ago, and it's starting to become VERY disruptive.

Andy44

owner: Oil Creek Astronautix
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Computer is acting very suspicious now, it inexplicably will close every application that might be up while it's in sleep mode. It's doing this very inconsistently, first time I was under the impression it was my fault, not so sure now.

Certainly wasn't doing this a week ago, and it's starting to become VERY disruptive.

A while back I had a nasty computer virus. Searching led me to this site:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/

Go there, get on the forum, and post your problem. Follow their instructions. Those guys saved my bacon big time.

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
Finally managed to identify the car that is rusting away there:

The chassis is a Smart Roadster Coupe (explains the French look).

Smart_Roadster_Coupe_2.jpg

What made the identification a bit hard is that the only place on the car where smart mentioned is a small text on the license plate. Contrary to this wikipedia image, it only had a "RS" on the rear and a small text "powerline" in the right lower corner of its astern. There is a dedicated car tuner called "RS-parts" in Germany, which could explain this version.

Also it is a pretty exotic car today, despite 43,000 cars being build, only few are still driving because of massive quality problems. Explains why this car is no longer moving.

TMac3000

Evil Republican
Reaction score

1) They have the exact same body type in the exact same outfit (comes from being the same class)

2) I've always preferred long hair

3) I like a pair of modest glasses on a chick--they add something classy to her face

So why in the hell is it that Choukai (the long-haired one, for those who don't know Kancolle) just doesn't quite do it for me like Maya does?

TMac3000

Evil Republican
Reaction score
She's a cartoon with exaggerated, oversexualized, human features?

On the contrary--I find their figures, while pretty curvy, to be considerably more realistic than the more oversexualized anime girls. It's one of the first things I noticed about Maya:) Seriously, have you seen some of those MMD videos? Obscene, I tell you:dry:

But believe me, there are a fair number of women who look like that. I'll grant you, most of them are famous, and the list features quite a few Playboy models, but I remember this girl in my high school who had an unbelievable figure. She was a stuck up b:censored:, but she turned a lot of heads, and had very similar proportions to Maya.

In any case, I already did say that the two were pretty much identical below the neck;)

I think it's the eyes. Maya has amazing eyes, and her facial expressions just scream sex appeal. Choukai throws a blush or a coy grin every now and then, but for the most part she just looks kind of blank.

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
You might want to know that the game also has German ships in it as girls too - Bismarck, Prinz Eugen, 2 destroyers and a U-boat (that went to Japan). Just saying. :rofl:

Ah..... yes.... :blink:

:blink:

Noch ein Bier! :cheers:

Thunder Chicken

Fine Threads since 2008
Donator
Reaction score
Random Comments indeed :blink:

Anyhoo....

Interesting news - Entergy is shutting down Pilgrim nuclear power station in 2017, citing operating costs. With the shutdown of the coal-fired Mt Tom plant last year, there will be no coal or nuclear generation in Massachusetts after Pilgrim shuts down.

We're building gas-fired combined cycle plants all over, and we're buying all the hydro we can from NY and Canada. Gas is fine while it is cheap, but it's now over 70% of our energy portfolio. If gas prices spike we're going to be hurting.

I hope offshore wind can get established. The DOE and Massachusetts wants 2 GW of offshore wind by 2020. I think the nuts that killed Cape Wind a few years back are going to be told to sit down and shut up this time around.

Linguofreak

Reaction score
It would be interesting to see statistics on what percentage of car accidents in Russia end up on YouTube.