Question for the gurus

globalist

Reaction score
Hi, I was once an active member of this community but I haven't "orbited" in many many years - I kinda dropped out of the scene in around 2005 after I couldn't get any help from anybody regarding some weird Transx fly-by maneuvre involving one of the moons of Jupiter... :D

Now I'm looking into getting back but here's the thing.

Back in the day I had my Orbiter pimped out to the max, so to speak. Towards the end I'd spent a lot more time tweaking things than actually "playing". With all the right configs and all the right planets, textures, crafts and structures installed I had created on my hard drive a neat universe of Orbiter addons. I even think I had a scenario populated with all of them. :)

So now I'm wondering if any of the resident gurus here could upload or host their own tweaked and tuned install folder of Orbiter, so a lazy old bum like me can get downloading right away and indulge this great sim in all of its glory once again. Thanks a lot in advance!

Last edited:

Shadow Addict

Reaction score
Thanks, but I'm looking for a more "slipstreamed" solution than installing and configuring all those addons. Surely there is somebody who can zip and upload a couple hundred megs of Orbiter :)

The most "slipstreamed" way would be to take a base Orbiter install and put the addons that you want in it.

Hielor

Defender of Truth
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
You may want to look into the Common Orbiter Installation project: http://www.orbiter-forum.com/showthread.php?t=8768

The problem with doing exactly as you ask is that there are many addon authors who, for one reason or another, don't want their addons redistributed through secondary channels.

Quick_Nick

Passed the Turing Test
Donator
Reaction score
The problem with doing exactly as you ask is that there are many addon authors who, for one reason or another, don't want their addons redistributed through secondary channels.
That didn't even come to my mind until you mentioned it, but yes, I've had this 'problem' when trying to do things like this before. There's really not many major addon authors that are comfortable with this.