OHM Project-Outposts: Wet Workshops V2.1.0

OrbitHangar

Addon Comments
Reaction score

Author: steve

Welcome to Project-Outposts: Wet Workshops V2.1.0

** NEW RELEASE **

This version replaces both previous releases - V2.0.0 and the Patch 1. You can install this release over the top of your existing installation or start again with a fresh installation.

There are numerous bug fixes and some new features to:

Bug Fixes:
  • Fixed ET re-spawning when loading a saved scenario after it has been jettisoned and saved previously.
  • Fixed ET placement bug on loading a saved scenario.
  • Fixed bug with autopilot on reload of scenario going bananas! Now the autopilot is disabled and you must use the launch computer to launch Atlantis.
  • Fixed timing bugs with Atlantis launch sequence. Launch is now timed to commentary.
  • Fixed ET rolling after jettison.
  • Modified dates on demo and mission scenarios to match the back-story of project-outposts.
  • The Airlock will now recycling EVA character names.
  • Added smoke trails to some modules during burn-up.
  • Fixed some visual artefacts during burn-up will accelerating debris.
  • Fix the configuration tool to prevent corruption of the directory structure if software crashes.

New Features:

• Added new Launch and Flight computers to aid in setting up launches to desired orbital inclinations and altitudes.
  • Added Inverse Kinematics software to the Atlantis RMS so the joins of the arm move like a real arm. This allows multi-join movement. Astrosammy added this code into the Atlantis project which he got from the Space Shuttle Deluxe add-on which was developed by Kawn3217.
  • The Atlantis RMS will now auto snap vessels to the closest attachment point or docking port which makes it far easier to assemble modules and components in orbit.
  • Added new Launch Time calculator for helping you workout when a known orbital plane will pass over your launch site. This returns the time the orbital plane passes over head. This can be found under the ‘Utils’ folder in your orbiter installation directory. You will see a new folder called ‘Project-Outposts’ where all future utility tools will be installed.
  • Added support for low resolution meshes.
** END **

This is this first in a new series of add-ons for Orbiter that focus on building wet workshops style space stations in orbit from various modules. It provides a modified Atlantis Space Shuttle which can be flown into orbit and take its external tank (ET) with it. Once in a stable orbit you can deploy the ET and assemble various components to it over a number of scenarios. This add-on is built for Orbiter 2010-P1.

The pack provides a collection of beautifully detailed models, 14 space station modules and 7 scenic components:

x1 Cupola
    x1 Quest Airlock
    x4 Habitation Externa

DOWNLOAD

PhantomCruiser

Wanderer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
:woohoo:
Downloading it now.

After a quick first look, this is (again) exemplary work. Fantastic job. Great work on the manual as well. It looks as if I'll be station-building again this weekend.

Last edited:

TerraMimic

Reaction score
Looks good. Just wondering, is it possible to load these onto an XR-5? I was hoping to haul up a bunch of components and assemble them in orbit with a dragonfly (If I can remember the startup sequence :blush:)

Steve

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
:woohoo:
Downloading it now.

After a quick first look, this is (again) exemplary work. Fantastic job. Great work on the manual as well. It looks as if I'll be station-building again this weekend.

No no, thank you for your efforts in testing this version. I would not have found the bugs or have made the improvements otherwise.

---------- Post added at 06:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:20 AM ----------

Looks good. Just wondering, is it possible to load these onto an XR-5? I was hoping to haul up a bunch of components and assemble them in orbit with a dragonfly (If I can remember the startup sequence :blush:)

I have not forgotten about the support for the XR-5 but this pack does not contain any direct support for it yet. This will be a supplement pack which I shall be releasing soon.

Screamer7

Reaction score
Thanks Steve.
This work of yours is very good.
It is one of these adds for Orbiter that shines above the rest.

astrosammy

Dash!
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Hey Steve, great to see this released. Sorry for beeing a bit slow with the feedback. The RMS release is working perfectly now.

Dores

Reaction score
Hey Steve,

Fantastic add-on!

I've always wanted an in-game autopilot for the shuttle! And the features are brilliant! I've also always wanted to pretend to be living on the station!

A few issues occur though:

I get CTD when trying to open the baydoors or load the station scenarios. I can load the mission and the demos with only one module in it.

Best and thanks!

Dores

Steve

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Hey Steve, great to see this released. Sorry for beeing a bit slow with the feedback. The RMS release is working perfectly now.

Don't be silly, your contributions were invaluable to this release. I would never had known that those bugs existed.

I did manage to reproduce and fix the RMS attachment bug, it was tricky, however I could not reproduce the loss of the payload when the OMEs kicked in on orbit insertion. That one is still puzzeling me. If you get anywhere with that one please let me know.

:cheers:

---------- Post added at 09:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:50 AM ----------

Hey Steve,

Fantastic add-on!

I've always wanted an in-game autopilot for the shuttle! And the features are brilliant! I've also always wanted to pretend to be living on the station!

A few issues occur though:

I get CTD when trying to open the baydoors or load the station scenarios. I can load the mission and the demos with only one module in it.

Best and thanks!

Dores

Sorry Dores, I assume this is a Crash To Desktop problem. This may be a memory resource issue. I shall look into this for you. Below is my first recommendation for you to try:

In High detail levels the scenarios are very memory hungry, you will need at least 2GB of RAM and 512MB of video RAM but more is recommended. The High detail is intended for higher end machines; 6GB of RAM and 800MB-1GB of video RAM works well. This may be beyond many users I know but I was working towards the sort of systems I use day-to-day in the professional training simulators I design at work. To be honest you really can't see that much difference between High and Medium detail levels, yet there is a big memory difference.

You may find dropping the detail level of the textures will help you here. This will give you the greatest improvement in memory consuption. Failing that you can resort to dropping the mesh detail level also. This will give you a small gain but a gain none the less.

Review the user manual on the Configuration Tool section, this will describe how to use the detail level settings.

Thanks for the bug report and any more details you can give me will help, such as emailing me your Orbiter.log file which can be found in the root of your Orbiter directory. You can find me on the Orbiter Forum and may send private emails to me with your problems.

I am happy for all of you to report faults; I do listen and I am maintaining the software. I do intend on releasing regular (depending on free time available) patches or service updates to all add-ons I release. As you may see from previous postings I have already done this. I tend to save them up till I have a reasonable amount before releasing a patch or new release.

Mandella

Space Cultist
Donator
Reaction score
New Features:

• Added new Launch and Flight computers to aid in setting up launches to desired orbital inclinations and altitudes.
  • Added Inverse Kinematics software to the Atlantis RMS so the joins of the arm move like a real arm. This allows multi-join movement. Astrosammy added this code into the Atlantis project which he got from the Space Shuttle Deluxe add-on which was developed by Kawn3217.
  • The Atlantis RMS will now auto snap vessels to the closest attachment point or docking port which makes it far easier to assemble modules and components in orbit.
  • Added new Launch Time calculator for helping you workout when a known orbital plane will pass over your launch site. This returns the time the orbital plane passes over head. This can be found under the ‘Utils’ folder in your orbiter installation directory. You will see a new folder called ‘Project-Outposts’ where all future utility tools will be installed.
  • Added support for low resolution meshes.
[ame="http://www.orbithangar.com/searchid.php?ID=5744"][/ame][/QUOTE]

Excellent and much appreciated improvements! I can't wait to start playing with this (although, alas, Real Life means I must wait for a few weeks at least :cry: ).

Thanks to you Steve and all the contributors on this project!

Dores

Reaction score
Thanks for that!

I'll give it a go and report back!

Looking forward to flying :D

Dores

Mattyv

Rocket Scientist in Training
Reaction score
I just checked this out and it is absolutely beautiful. :tiphat:

The ET Hab seems a little empty, though. Are you planning to add more to the interior?

Vast fury

Reaction score
An excellent add on! Quality is terrific!! Thanks for this Steve!! Its such a great work of art.. I just downloaded this 3 days ago, and it rocks... :thumbup: Totally meets space station construction needs... There's just a little issue though, when loading a saved state.

When I attach components to modules, like the solar panels, every time i reload the game, they're not attached anymore. For some odd reason, they get separated and spin rapidly.. Is there a solution to this? I'd really appreciate it..