Out of Orbiter for a little over a year.

NukeET

Gen 1:1
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Website
sites.google.com
It all started a little over a year ago when my PC graphics card died. Then, cataract surgery, right eye - same month. Left eye, last November. Swept up in RL and thinking the hiatus from Orbiter wasn't so bad. Hernia repair surgery at the end of August. My advice: don't grow old. It's a trap.

One of my customers gave me a new card after an upgrade last Friday. Bless his heart!

WOW! Orbiter is now open source! I'm sure I'll find other new things...I've only been back about 24 hrs.

JMW

Aspiring Addon Developer
Reaction score
It all started a little over a year ago when my PC graphics card died. Then, cataract surgery, right eye - same month. Left eye, last November. Swept up in RL and thinking the hiatus from Orbiter wasn't so bad. Hernia repair surgery at the end of August. My advice: don't grow old. It's a trap.

One of my customers gave me a new card after an upgrade last Friday. Bless his heart!

WOW! Orbiter is now open source! I'm sure I'll find other new things...I've only been back about 24 hrs.
Great to see you back NukeET !
Hope things are on the up from now on (y)(y)

Sbb1413

Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
he/his/him
The touchstone on this forum for age is, "Did you see Neil take the first step live"?
I didn't, but my grandfather probably did. But anyway, :welcome: back @NukeET. I thought you did a rage quit after my alleged rude comment about your misspelling of "Orbiter 2016" to "Orbiter 2036" at here. I'm very sorry for this, and I will send you private message when necessary.

Arvil

Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
he/him
I was in the US Navy for Neil. 6th grade for Shepard's Mercury flight.

MaxBuzz

Reaction score
the submarine fleet is popular in my area, many of my friends served there (you may have met but did not pay any attention:))

NukeET

Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Website
sites.google.com
Heyyyyy!!! I did see Neil live (I was 12 yrs old).
I was 7.
I didn't, but my grandfather probably did. But anyway, :welcome: back @NukeET. I thought you did a rage quit after my alleged rude comment about your misspelling of "Orbiter 2016" to "Orbiter 2036" at here. I'm very sorry for this, and I will send you private message when necessary.
Wasn't a rage quit. Looking forward to the PM.
I was in the US Navy for Neil. 6th grade for Shepard's Mercury flight.
On or about May 5, 1961, I was conceived. 2 weeks after my birthday, John Glenn flew. OBTW, I was in the Navy '84 -'90. Assigned to USS Flasher, SSN-613. Nuclear power trained Electronics Technician. NukeET.

Arvil

Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
he/him
@NukeET: I kinda thought so, I was a NukeMM, S1C trained (USS Tullibee proto), aboard USS Enterprise (CVAN65) ‘71-‘75. Saw Apollo11 landing while in MM’A’ school.

NukeET

Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Website
sites.google.com
@NukeET: I kinda thought so, I was a NukeMM, S1C trained (USS Tullibee proto), aboard USS Enterprise (CVAN65) ‘71-‘75. Saw Apollo11 landing while in MM’A’ school.
S5G in Idaho Falls, prototype for USS Narwhal...only boat of her class with that plant (forerunner of S8G - used in the Ohio class). Stationed on USS Flasher, SSN-613, from Jan '87 to May '90. Thanks for your service bro!

MaxBuzz

Reaction score
funny that the Mark 45 nuclear torpedo has a range of 6,150 feet, the impact of a nuclear explosion is 13,800 feet. a torpedo cannot explode without destroying its own host

n72.75

Move slow and try not to break too much.
Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Donator
Reaction score
Website
mwhume.space
Preferred Pronouns
he/him
I was scratching my head the other day trying to remember who had "We choose to run Orbiter sims, not because they are easy, but because they are hard." in their signature. Did you have that back in the M6 days too?

Welcome back.

Arvil

Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
he/him
@NukeET: I do remember in NPS, talking about the one-off boats that were early experiments in which is the best plant. The S1G, liquid sodium, the S3G, horizontal SG, the S5G natural circ and ginormous main turbine, and of course the S1C, electric 72 pole DC main motor. Fun fact. Not long before I attended NPTU S1C, they had refueled the core, which was only 9 modules; they left the old center one in just to see what happened.

NukeET

Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Website
sites.google.com
I was scratching my head the other day trying to remember who had "We choose to run Orbiter sims, not because they are easy, but because they are hard." in their signature. Did you have that back in the M6 days too?

Welcome back.
Yes. Thanks!