Orbiter Video Thread

sitha241

Reaction score
Hi guys :)
I really have no experience in making videos and I wanted to ask some advices for making decent videos in orbiter..So what programs are recomended for use and how it is done (in flight,playback??) post processing (I saw some of you have excelent videos)
Any advice is welcome :) Thanks :)

Paz666

Reaction score
Great Mission, Great Addon! I Had lot of fun, I hope you like it :)

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IEbC_sC-87w"]Rosetta - The Comet Chaser - Orbiter Space Flight Simulator - YouTube[/ame]

Paz666

Reaction score
It looks like the first Earth and Mars flybys in the video are clockwise or am I missing something?

All flybys were with an inclination from the ecliptic that goes from 131° to 162°

Last edited:

Loru

Retired Staff Member
Retired Staff
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
From the look of it maybe it's just using default "Horizon Level"

Loru

Retired Staff Member
Retired Staff
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
I thought so too, but it does not have "Horizon Level" or i don't found it. In manual also no description.

Switch to glass cockpit mode (F8 - only 2 MFDs are visible and there between them you have default autopilot buttons)

blixel

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nYHWiqKk-3Y"]Orbiter 2010 - Jupiter's moons - YouTube[/ame]

martins

Orbiter Founder
Orbiter Founder
Reaction score
Website
orbit.medphys.ucl.ac.uk
I'm trying to get better at this movie making business, so here is my next attempt for your viewing pleasure (this one's even got a soundtrack :blink:)

Unfortunately the youtube conversion seems to lose a lot of quality. It looks better in the original.

Swigert

0% Sugar Free
Reaction score
apollo11-rmx_screen.jpg

July 16, 1969 - Apollo 11 lifted off for the moon where history was made! This film is a remake of my original Apollo 11 release featuring Orbiter Space Flight Simulator and AMSO Apollo addon. Thanks for watching! :)

YouTube - 'Apollo 11: Remastered' - An Orbiter Film

Only a few would recognize that the music included in your Apollo 11: Remastered film, Tex, is included in the film Apollo 13 if you hadn't credited it. Good ole' James Horner...Amazing composer.

Last edited:

blixel

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
I'm trying to get better at this movie making business, so here is my next attempt for your viewing pleasure (this one's even got a soundtrack :blink:)

Unfortunately the youtube conversion seems to lose a lot of quality. It looks better in the original.

Looks amazing Martin! Can't wait for the next version!

Matias Saibene

Development hell
Reaction score
Website
de-todo-un-poco-computacion-e-ideas.blogspot.com.ar
AWESOME

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JXeG6GUUBP8

Awesome is the word, just amazing. You have done a great job with Orbiter (and increasingly more improvement). Definitely one of the best simulators I've seen, and always (though not much of astrophysics and space flight) has entertained me. Whenever I use Orbiter I feel able to navigate around the entire solar system, a great freedom. I remember the first time I used Orbiter (at 2010) and remember being admired by the incredible views of the Earth in space, which are very similar to the NASA photos.

In short, thanks for this amazing space simulator. Great job:thumbup:.

PS: I hope my computer can execute the new version of Orbiter, I'm going to pray to the Probe.:hailprobe:

:tiphat:

SolarLiner

It's necessary, TARS.
Addon Developer
Reaction score
This ...

I have some questions about the terrain: How is it managed? KSP looses a great number of img/sec because the terrain model is not optimized, and the whole planet has a good level of detail.
How can we add some features to it? Via heightmaps, some sort of terrain mesh?

Thanks for the awesome project you're maintaining, it makes everyone of us happy, I'm pretty sure. ;)

Spacethingy

Multitasker
Reaction score
Website
spacethingy.weebly.com

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JXeG6GUUBP8

That terrain collision at the end, amazing! Was that a UCGO rover or a native vessel?