Project Orbiter Shipyard: Alpha testing

boby_nadeau

Reaction score
Euh ??? I don't know what you want to know about my system specs. I tryed it on 2 computer : An IBM and a Dell Notebook.

Yes, I put it in my Orbiter Folder, but it didn't work.

Sorry I did a mistake in my last post : Tanks to answer to me --> Tanks to answer me (I think)

Last edited:

Alexw95

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
dude thank you so much for releseing this now c++ dummies like me can make good addons THANK YOU!@!!!!!!:cheers:

DaveS

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
I have decided to try this one out and so far everything is good. Just one question though: how do you add exhausts? And could you consider adding Thrust Vector Control as an option?

Alexw95

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
animations not working? i cant add any animations when i push add it doesnt do anything

garyw

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Website
blog.gdwnet.com
check the readme. I believe that animations are for the BETA release and as this is just the alpha they aren't included.

Artlav

Aperiodic traveller
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
orbides.org
Preferred Pronouns
she/her
Will this still work in 2010?
Should, but it's old as in damn old, there should be an update quite soon (+-year).

Euh ??? I don't know what you want to know about my system specs. I tryed it on 2 computer : An IBM and a Dell Notebook.
IBM can have a 386 in it, and it can have a Core Duo in it, graphic card on a laptop can be 3D-less Intel thing, or game-rated Nvidia, these things matter for what is after all a game-like application.
Also, there could be problems specific to certain Windows versions.

Essentially, the more information you provide the likely i'm to find what's wrong, isn't that obvious?

animations not working? i cant add any animations when i push add it doesnt do anything
See answer one - this thing is and old demo, update pending.

I have decided to try this one out and so far everything is good. Just one question though: how do you add exhausts? And could you consider adding Thrust Vector Control as an option?
Uh, looks like i don't know :( Probably no way, and there were changes in how thrusters are defined since the alpha.

Thrust vectoring controls? Nice idea, shouldn't be too hard to add.

statickid

CatDog from Deimos
Donator
Reaction score
THIS LOOKS TRULY AMAZING! :salute:

Talon1

Semi-Intermediate Add-on Dev.
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Amazing program! (as I expected) Still getting used to the controls and trying to remember how to make add-ons... again... Anyways, everyone probably knows this already but... yes, It works on Windows 7 64-bit. :thumbup: Looking forward to the next release!:)

P.S. My fool of a friend got me hooked on World of Warcraft...:facepalm:This is why I've been silent and off Orbiter for awhile. (Like anyone really noticed. :rolleyes:)

Jamesep3

Reaction score
Is this able to make a UMMU compatible vessel yet. I think I have an old version of this if there has been an update. I can't get my vessel to be UMMU compatible. Has it got UMMU yet or do I just have to wait?:rolleyes:

Last edited:

Talon1

Semi-Intermediate Add-on Dev.
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Artlav, is this able to define "pod engines" (i.e. Shuttle-A pod engines)? If so, how do I do it? Also, any new updates coming up? Just itchin to get a new release. :blush:

:hail::probe:

Pipcard

mikusingularity
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
I noticed that Tansoku102cm used this for the add-on he uploaded (it says in the scenario description).

By the way, is it possible to make a launch vehicle using this? I guess not.

Last edited:

Goth

Occasional orbinaut
Donator
Reaction score
@Artlav: I notice all your programs (I tried your space simulator) have that weird GUI, what do you use to develop them? Just curious.

Artlav

Aperiodic traveller
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
orbides.org
Preferred Pronouns
she/her
Concerning the future of Orbiter Shipyard project: There isn't any, so don't bother waiting for a new version.

@Artlav: I notice all your programs (I tried your space simulator) have that weird GUI, what do you use to develop them? Just curious.
Nothing, i don't use third party libs in my hobby projects unless absolutely unavoidable.

And that GUI is simply that - a GUI.
I haven't bothered about design and/or color matching until recently.

What is weird about it?
des_n2.png

ae-101023-4.png

Goth

Occasional orbinaut
Donator
Reaction score
With "weird" I meant that I haven't seen it anywhere.
So you created it from scratch. Now I see.

TaylorR137

Reaction score
Artlav,

Thank you for developing Orbiter Shipyard. Its disappointing to hear the project does't have a future and I was wondering if you would consider making it open source.

PeterRoss

Warranty man
Reaction score
Website
vk.com
There's another project in development right now which has a much wider functionality and than (with due respect) Orbiter Shipyard. We're quite close to a release version, maybe few weeks or so.