Orbiter Screenshot Thread

Snax

Space Cowboy
Reaction score
My last launch from last week
I did 3 orbits at 28.45° and back at real speed and real time :)
Kind of remind me of my long haul flights in Flight Simulator ^^
uO3HQsF.jpg

Last edited:

Wolf

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
The screenshot resolution makes it difficult to read but looking at the wing name it looks like you’ve added a 6th Shuttle to your fleet: Mass???a :cool:

Last edited:

Snax

Space Cowboy
Reaction score
The screenshot resolution makes it difficult to read but looking at the wing name it looks like you’ve added a 6th Shuttle to your fleet: Mass???a :cool:

Yes her name is "Massilia", it's the name of the virtual fighter squadron I'm part of "51st Massilla" on Falcon BMS and DCS World.

We decided to have our own shuttles for the scenarios we're doing.
Massilia is latin for the city of Marseille in the southern of France (HQ city of our squadron).

Now we just wish Orbiter would support multicrew, something like SmartCopilot on X-Plane, that would be huge !

Wolf

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
Yes her name is "Massilia", it's the name of the virtual fighter squadron I'm part of "51st Massilla" on Falcon BMS and DCS World.

We decided to have our own shuttles for the scenarios we're doing.
Massilia is latin for the city of Marseille in the southern of France (HQ city of our squadron).

Now we just wish Orbiter would support multicrew, something like SmartCopilot on X-Plane, that would be huge !

Are you in touch with the guys at Heatblur? If so you could ask them if Jester would be available to join NASA at Orbiter HQ and fly some Shuttle mission :rofl:

1987VCRProductions

Reaction score
These are a tad out of date now that AMSO 1.22 is finally out, but I recently reflew Apollo 9 and got these beautiful shots from the EVA:

tumblr_pptusfE4l61rpuj2so1_1280.png

tumblr_pptusfE4l61rpuj2so2_1280.png

tumblr_pptusfE4l61rpuj2so3_1280.png

I flew with damage and failure sim on and ended up flying a contingency mission. The SPS engine failed to fire, so I had to follow a contingency laid out in the press kit, fulfilling all the LM major objectives on an accelerated timeline. At the end of Day 1, after the SPS engine failed, I used the LM DPS engine to raise the orbit to what it should have been after the first SPS engine burn. On Day 2 I performed the long, out of plane docked DPS burn, followed by a burn of the DPS to circularize the orbit for the LM free flight. I also performed the EVA on Day 2. Day 3 consisted of the free flight of the LM, which I flew by the book. After redocking, I used the LM APS engine to boost the CSM's apogee and lower its perigee to allow the CSM to be able to deorbit with its RCS thrusters. The LM was then cast off and I sent it into a high apogee orbit (as was done in reality). Day 4 was landing day, I used the RCS thrusters to deorbit and I brought the Command Module down off the coast of Bermuda, manually flying it back through the atmosphere.

Last edited:

kuddel

Donator
Donator
Reaction score
These are a tad out of date now that AMSO 1.22 is finally out, [...]
Any (quicksave-)scenarios should still work with the new version[*], so "re"-taking those pictures with nicer reflections should be possible.
And I would love to see a direct comparison between 1.21 and 1.22 imagery. :tiphat:

-----

[*] I think ;)

1987VCRProductions

Reaction score
Any (quicksave-)scenarios should still work with the new version[*], so "re"-taking those pictures with nicer reflections should be possible.
And I would love to see a direct comparison between 1.21 and 1.22 imagery. :tiphat:

-----

[*] I think ;)

The only thing different would be the reflection on the gold plated face visor, the Command Module is already reflective in my version of AMSO and D3D9.

Donamy

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Redocking of the Dragon2/SM taxi and White Dragon Lander.

Attachments

• Successful redocking.jpg
    Successful redocking.jpg
    337 KB · Views: 72

DaveS

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Just a nice screenshot of STS-61G on-orbit, with the Centaur G Prime in the deploy orientation in the Centaur Integrated Support System Deployment Adapter (CISS DA).

Additional enhancement by Reshade, used filters:
-Curves.fx
-Clarity.fx
-DPX.fx
-MXAO.fx
-LumaSharpen.fx
-FXAA.fx

Attachments

• STS-61G_onorbit.jpg
    STS-61G_onorbit.jpg
    184.1 KB · Views: 82

Donamy