Orbiter Screenshot Thread

n122vu

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
tumblr_nwl31zdFBO1s1pveko1_1280.jpg

STS-107 deploys GoreSat, June 2001.

Was that the satellite Al Gore used to build the Internet?

PhantomCruiser

Wanderer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
AlGore mentioned that he'd "invented" the internet during his lead up to his Presidential campaign.

n122vu

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
I-I don't get it.

It was a combination of two points in which Al Gore has been mocked.

Al Gore was falsely attributed or misquoted in the mid-90's as having taken credit for creating the Internet.

Triana, or "GoreSat" as it was mockingly nicknamed by the G. W. Bush Administration's Republican-held Congress, was originally an idea of his to have a camera continually pointed at the Earth from the L1 position, mainly for two reasons. 1)He thought the views of Earth from the Apollo missions were frickin' cool, and 2)So we could observe visual changes to the planet over time (how the oceans look, ice caps, amount of green on the surface, etc.)

Mothballed in 2009, then later reborn as DSCOVR, it launched aboard a Falcon 9 in February of this year.

1987VCRProductions

Reaction score
NASSP is better hands down, AMSO does not have a working control panel but it does have good senarios for the missions thou.

In NASSP, you can use the sextant, the AGC and all the switches seem to work (at the least they will flick).

Have a look here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kgsw3_d8fkc nothing like that can be done in ASMO.

I prefer AMSO for its visuals and its simplicity. The detailed lunar landing sites plus the EVA activities are also a nice touch. The soundpacks are the selling point for me.

---------- Post added at 08:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:34 PM ----------

tumblr_nwlo01roQT1rpuj2so6_r1_1280.png

Buran docked to Mir.

ISProgram

SketchUp Orbinaut
Reaction score
I feel it's worth pointing out that while Buran could dock to Kristall, it would require that Kristall be moved to the axial port, as was done for the space shuttle (once) before the docking module was attached.

For some reason the Soviets didn't care about a docking module so Kristall would have had to be moved around constantly between Buran visits.

1987VCRProductions

Reaction score
I feel it's worth pointing out that while Buran could dock to Kristall, it would require that Kristall be moved to the axial port, as was done for the space shuttle (once) before the docking module was attached.

For some reason the Soviets didn't care about a docking module so Kristall would have had to be moved around constantly between Buran visits.

I found that I wasn't anywhere near hitting the solar panels. Maybe they were afraid of the RCS plumes striking the panels. I can't remember the exact reason why they would have to constantly relocate Kristall. I know one move was to make way for Spektr.

4throck

Enthusiast !
Reaction score
Website
orbiterspaceport.blogspot.com
Please excuse the off-topic, but I couldn't resist ;-)

I've updated my MS SpaceSim with the new Pluto textures.
It's still a great game and very fun to fly.

ATPLUTO.png

Last edited:

1987VCRProductions

Reaction score
On closer inspection, I did notice that one solar panel was in direct line of fire from the RCS thrusters on Buran's nose. I undocked Buran and relocated Kristall and now everything is fine.

---------- Post added 10-23-15 at 12:51 AM ---------- Previous post was 10-22-15 at 10:45 PM ----------

tumblr_nwlo01roQT1rpuj2so7_r1_1280.png

Buran with Spacelab.

---------- Post added at 03:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:51 AM ----------

tumblr_nwlo01roQT1rpuj2so8_r1_1280.png

Buran with the Hubble Space Telescope.

ISProgram

SketchUp Orbinaut
Reaction score
I'm gonna say this with no regrets now:

Did you know that the 37KE modules were designed for delivery by the Buran, and were thus sized for the payload bay?

One such 37KE module, the only one to actually fly...was Kvant 1. ;)

T1234

Reaction score
[/COLOR]City mesh Habana and shuttlePB lander in development
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

K_Jameson

Reaction score
In these days i'm involved into readings about naval warfare in the WWII. A topic that always caught my interest and I've homaged years ago with my [ame=http://www.orbithangar.com/searchid.php?ID=5886]North Carolina Battleship.[/ame]

1987VCRProductions

Reaction score
tumblr_nxmjrin3fP1rpuj2so1_1280.png

tumblr_nxmjrin3fP1rpuj2so2_1280.png

tumblr_nxmjrin3fP1rpuj2so3_1280.png

Pioneer 10 at Jupiter, Saturn, and I also did a flyby of Titan. To reach Titan, TransX had to route me through Saturn's rings, something which I think might not have ended well for Pioneer.

Dantassii

HUMONGOUS IMS shipbuilder
Reaction score
To reach Titan, TransX had to route me through Saturn's rings, something which I think might not have ended well for Pioneer.

Actually Pioneer 11 did go through the rings as a proof-of concept for the Voyager 1 and 2 flybys a few months later.

Dantassii