kuddel said:Really? As copy and paste doesn't work, it's a recipe for failure
Nevertheless, I tried and it works (no crash)
This is a concern to me since punching IBM cards in the 70's so I'm used to it ( to make a lot of errors and correcting them )
I see you cannot reproduce the problem at your side.
I'm starting to think it may be a issue concerning Windows XP, which is the one I use.
kuddel said:That simple test does not present the issue here, sorry
I think you got me wrong. What I meant is that when using the two Lua dll files in the Orbiter root folder that are received through the SVN updating to the r 73 the function vi:create_thrustergroup() works normally both using the Lua Terminal Window and when part of a vessel .cfg file. When I replace these files with the dll's that you make available here in this thread this function does not work anymore for me.
kuddel said:I have tried your code (just called the function and also stepped through the C-code with the debugger)
...but nothing failed / crashed. Even tried it several times (to find issues with previous created thrustergroups)PHP:
vi = vessel.get_focusinterface() clbk_setclasscaps()
The code I enclosed is a full "vessel". It's supposed to be saved as a vesselname.cfg file in the config\vessels folder where it will appear in the Scenario Editor "new" vessels list. To me when using the dlls you make available in this thread, as adding this vessel is attempted with the vi:create_thrustergroup(..) line active in the vessel code the sim crashes. If the line is commented with the "--" the vessel can be added normally which can be verified by pressing F9 as the vessel doesn't have a mesh to be seen. Of course, the thrustergroup is not created.
Could you please check my Makeshift Targets factory as I recomended? This is a good case of a full but very simple vessel that illustrates the problem nicely. I suspect that it will work normally at your side.
kuddel said:I would recommend to 1st try my attached DLLs and if they don't change the behavior, try a pristine Orbiter install (that fooled me, too)
Using the dll's in the LuaScript 2017-12-06(dlls).zip package the problem persists. I can solve it going back to the SVN r 73 original Lua dll's.
As the problem does not manifest itself when using the two original SVN dll's I don't think I need a new Orbiter installation to check the issue. It's probably related to a Windows XP incompatibility in the new compilations. Please check ( with Martin if needed) for this possibility. However, I'll do a new Orbiter installation ( without the 32G of textures ) and a new r73 update elsewhere in my PC (same Windows XP) and try. I'll make you know the results here.
Thanks a lot in advance for your help and understanding.