News ORBITER ADDON COMPETITION DEVELOPMENT THREAD

Talon1

Semi-Intermediate Add-on Dev.
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I cannot even load it I get a CTD

-----Post Added-----

I have the payload working :) but to test it properly I need to be able to relese it from the bay, but I cannot do that the Orbiter.log says its missing
**** WARNING: Mesh not found: .MeshesTarmac1.msh
>>> ERROR: Missing texture: CYUL_VER.dds
>>> [C:SourceOrbiterTexture.cpp / 781]
and
**** WARNING: Mesh not found: .Meshes.msh
Damn, any idea how to fix it? Sadly, I'm still a noob with making DGIV payloads. And I know that the Ion Cannon itself works (I should know, I've tested it over 20 times).

And a few other things:

• It doesn't have any dds textures, just normal colours
  • Since it's bleeping hard to see the beam from the ground, I had to scale it bigger and now it looks screwed up (Oh well, good enough)
  • I've included, in the recent zip file, a test scenario with the Ion Cannon in orbit and a DGIV, the files for the cannon in both the normal places and in the DGIV payload places.

Woo482

Addon Developer
GFX Staff
Reaction score
have a look in your mesh folder (The one in your orbiter folder) for Tarmac1.msh

Istochnikov

Costa Rica Space Systems' CEO
Addon Developer
Reaction score
When do you re-upload it?

When you authorize me for doing it... that is to say... now

The problem was this: when i uploaded the add-on, i had to use a rewritable CD for doing it (because i don't have internet connection at my house), but some files were damaged by the CD reader of the computer i used for uploading the add-ons. I didn't realize that until the 19th (in middle of a trip outside my country), so i should manage for correcting the error in a leased computer and repack it. :sorry:

Now, i'm back in Costa Rica. And the first thing i should do yesterday was the reupload. But is until today that i could do it :sorry:

The notes for myself are these:
-Don't plan a trip when i release an add-on.
-Don't pack the add-on files on a CD.
-Carry my laptop everywhere i go.

Woo482

Addon Developer
GFX Staff
Reaction score
well it comes up with that when ever I unload the cannon but apart from that it works fine

Talon1

Semi-Intermediate Add-on Dev.
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Then I don't know what the problem is:dry: If we can't fix it, we'll just submit the cannon by itself and with it a scenario where the cannon is in orbit and another one where it's in a DGIV via Universal Cargo Deck.

Woo482

Addon Developer
GFX Staff
Reaction score
no I have got the payload working it just wont unload from the bay with out crashing but its there