Orbiter 2016

jedidia

shoemaker without legs
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Automatically incrementing year number and release day predictor.

I think we should have a dedicated Astrologer for that on OF. It would be most fitting! :lol:

C3PO

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
I think we should have a dedicated Astrologer for that on OF. It would be most fitting! :lol:

The oldest version on Orbithangar is 010503 which means that Orbiter is a Taurus.

There you go. :cheers:

---------- Post added at 11:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:31 AM ----------

I am going to have to say :hailprobe: for at least two weeks for that. :facepalm:

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
But what is its ascendant? (And remember, Orbiter is left-handed barycentric and western astrology is geocentric with undetermined handedness)

C3PO

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
But what is its ascendant? (And remember, Orbiter is left-handed barycentric and western astrology is geocentric with undetermined handedness)

I haven't dug that deep into the dark arts. :crystalball:

... and you can't make me!

Urwumpe

Not funny anymore
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Sire
I haven't dug that deep into the dark arts. :crystalball:

... and you can't make me!

A former girlfriend was deeply convinced of it, which made our relationship at times a bit conflicted. :lol:

Especially that I did not even know my ascendant was an anomaly.

I know enough about it to know that most modern astrologers suck badly. :lol: When I read a horoscope and don't like it, I just read another one.

---------- Post added at 01:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:02 PM ----------

BTW, as some kind of Request for comments: What about using Google Draco for compressing mesh data?

https://github.com/google/draco

francisdrake

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
francisdrakex.deviantart.com
The oldest version on Orbithangar is 010503 which means that Orbiter is a Taurus. ... But what is its ascendant?

Ok, Wikipedia says:
"The ascendant, or rising sign, is the zodiacal sign and degree that was ascending on the eastern horizon at the specific time and location of an event."

So I determined the MJD of 2001-05-03, then went to Habana spaceport, which - as far as I remember - was the first spaceport in Orbiter.

The difficult part is at what time Orbiter came into existence? So I put the Delta Glider on the tarmac and looked East, until the sun came up over the horizon. I'd say it is a good time to start at sunrise. The zodiac sign on the horizon at this time was Aries, which should be Orbiter's ascendant, if the assumptions above are correct.
( MJD = 52032,45833 ) :)

jedidia

shoemaker without legs
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Oh dear, the Doctor is going to ban us from the board if we go on like this :lol:

C3PO

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
The difficult part is at what time Orbiter came into existence?

Humans have the same problem if you think about it. ;)

Oh dear, the Doctor is going to ban us from the board if we go on like this :lol:

Light a few boosters and say a few :hailprobe: and we'll be fine.

:threadjacked:

Ok ok, I'll stop now. :leaving:

Abloheet

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Is martins going to come out of his orbiter development sabbatical now? Not meaning to be rude

jedidia

shoemaker without legs
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Is anybody else experiencing that orbiter becomes unresponsive when you alt-tab to an excel sheet (ok, libreoffice to be honest) and edit a cell? This happens to me every time running windowed in either D3D9 or native...

NukeET

Gen 1:1
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Website
sites.google.com
Is anybody else experiencing that orbiter becomes unresponsive when you alt-tab to an excel sheet (ok, libreoffice to be honest) and edit a cell? This happens to me every time running windowed in either D3D9 or native...

Yes. Annoying, isn't?

jedidia

shoemaker without legs
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Indeed, but I seriously wonder what could cause such behaviour... The process separation of Win10 is no slouch, this isn't the old Win95 days anymore where you could accidentally write into another process' memory. So what the devil is going on here?

Face

Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Indeed, but I seriously wonder what could cause such behaviour... The process separation of Win10 is no slouch, this isn't the old Win95 days anymore where you could accidentally write into another process' memory. So what the devil is going on here?

I long had the suspicion that the Win10 scheduler changed significantly from the previous versions. The performance is certainly reduced, perhaps due to all the security measurements they had to include since Meltdown.
Most probably, these changes also come with all kinds of side effects, with the complete loss of input as described here being just one of them. Totally stalling a single core machine if there is as much as yet another update download going on is another one. Hanging a boot if certain USB devices are connected could possibly also be attributed to this scheduler rework.

Overall, I'm not impressed by Win10 at all. I want my 7 back.