Orbiter 2016

Ripley

Tutorial translator
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.tuttovola.org
I'm no torrent expert, but I noticed that the zip European torrent is called "Orbiter 2016 Core_ ZIP Package", while the 3 others are named "Orbiter2016.zip".
Isn't that a problem with regards to seeding?

dbeachy1

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
alteaaerospace.com
Preferred Pronouns
he/him
I'm no torrent expert, but I noticed that the zip European torrent is called "Orbiter 2016 Core_ ZIP Package", while the 3 others are named "Orbiter2016.zip".
Isn't that a problem with regards to seeding?

They are two separate torrents -- the Orbiter2016.zip torrent is the official one. Where did you get the European torrent? Is one of the mirrors serving it up? If so, that's a bug. The filename in the 'Orbiter 2016 Core_ ZIP Package' torrent is wrong, and it is not one of the official torrents.

EDIT:
I just checked, and the wrong torrent files for the Orbiter 2016 MSI and ZIP are indeed on the European mirror. As a heads-up to all, please use the torrent download links on one of the other mirrors until we can fix the European mirror. The torrent files themselves are small, and downloading the torrent file from a remote mirror will not affect your download speed for the actual Orbiter 2016 core files.

Last edited:

crisbeta

Reaction score
They are two separate torrents -- the Orbiter2016.zip torrent is the official one. Where did you get the European torrent? Is one of the mirrors serving it up? If so, that's a bug. The filename in the 'Orbiter 2016 Core_ ZIP Package' torrent is wrong, and it is not one of the official torrents.

EDIT:
I just checked, and the wrong torrent files for the Orbiter 2016 MSI and ZIP are indeed on the European mirror. As a heads-up to all, please use the torrent download links on one of the other mirrors until we can fix the European mirror. The torrent files themselves are small, and downloading the torrent file from a remote mirror will not affect your download speed for the actual Orbiter 2016 core files.

I downloaded the European mirror and looks ok. It's just the name of the torrent. It contains Orbiter2016.zip.

Loru

Retired Staff Member
Retired Staff
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Works like charm in base config. Thank you very much Martins.

Need to get to office to download texture packages and I think I'll need dedicated SSD for that cookie.

GLS

Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Website
github.com
Ok, just to be sure, there are no wrong files in the torrents, it's just the torrent file names that are different between servers, right?

crisbeta

Reaction score
Ok, just to be sure, there are no wrong files in the torrents, it's just the torrent file names that are different between servers, right?

Yes, that's right. The file inside the torrent is Orbiter2016.zip. I tested and works like a charm.

Thank you Martin for this wonderful simulator! :tiphat:

PS: I will continue to seed this torrent :)

Last edited:

xlander

Reaction score
Thank you Martin, and everyone who had a hand in this release! Looks like I picked a fantastic time to come back ;-) Orbiter is better than ever!

Rambler

Reaction score
Thank you very much for the new release martins! I've been playing Orbiter off and on since 2001, and really appreciate the work you've put into it over the years. It's come a long way!

vinny5000

Reaction score
Hi, Martins!

When I try to get the orbiter 2016 from the link in the first post which is released today, all I see is orbiter 2010. Where can I find orbiter 2016? Thanks!

Cheers,
Vincent

dbeachy1

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Orbiter Contributor
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Website
alteaaerospace.com
Preferred Pronouns
he/him
It's on the main Orbiter download page linked in the first post in this thread: http://orbit.medphys.ucl.ac.uk/ Then click the 'Download' tab and then click one of the USA download mirrors. (Please use one of the USA mirror torrent download links: the European mirror is currently serving a different torrent, and although the content is correct, it will be slower downloading because there are fewer peers -- it's a different torrent than the three USA mirrors are serving, and so it splits the torrent swarm for users using it. We are still working on updating the European mirror torrent to match the official Orbiter 2016 torrents.)

If you're still seeing the old Orbiter 2010 P1 Web page at that address, try clearing your browser cache or using a different browser.

Ripley

Tutorial translator
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.tuttovola.org
There are some known "misunderstandings" between XR fleet and OrbiterSound 4 (and something else I might not know of), but, as I wrote in another thread:

Yesterday I've posted the 2016 news on Dansteph forum.
He said he was waiting for the official release first (he didn't want to chase the RCs), before updating his creations.

JonnyBGoode

Sky Marshal
Addon Developer
Reaction score
So far I'm loving what I'm seeing. But... is the ground really that bumpy around the landing strip at KSC? Or are those simulated bushes?

---------- Post added at 12:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:32 AM ----------

Oh yes... forgot to mention: I'm baaaaaack! ;)

fred18

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
I don't know if it's a fault of some of my settings somehow, but even if I choose to "disable vertical sync" I still get 60 fps as the maximum with the inline, while I get more than 120 with the D3D9, like if with the inline the disable vert sync option doesn't work.