General Question Orbiter 2010 High Res Textures Download

qbit

Reaction score
I'm trying to get Orbiter 2010 and all the main high res texture packs. The texture pack torrents listed here have no seeders. Looking at a 24 hour download time over a 150 Mbps connection.

Are the downloads from this site legit? That site doesn't appear to be affiliated with Dr. Schweiger at all. I don't think those texture packs are the same as the first link above based on file size. Also, what is the deal with the LandSAT downloads linked on the left of that page? Does that replace the other texture packs with something better?

Is there some other place I should be downloading the "official" high res texture packs for a base installation of Orbiter 2010? I've been unable to find a good answer searching the forum or using Google (Google doesn't seem to index Orbiter stuff very well).

Thanks,
Paul

Last edited:

NonHumanOnboard

Reaction score
I assume that those textures are legit, doh I can't say this for sure. I did used them back then. But why don't you update your Orbiter to 2016 version? The low res textures that come with that version are as good as those textures.

qbit

Reaction score
The torrents completed, and I compared them to the ones on the orbitersimulator.com site. Same sizes when decompressed. I also found after posting this thread that the Recommended Addons for 2010 list on this site links to the orbitersimulator.com. So must be fine. It just seemed odd to me that these files aren't on Martin's Orbiter site.

I'm brand new to Orbiter and have been using 2016 for a few weeks. There are a lot of ships and addons that aren't listed as compatible with 2016. Or if they do work, there are bugs and features not working that would be fine in the version they were built for (2010).

I've got a 56 GB Orbiter 2016 directory with all the high-res stuff and mods. The terrain looks gorgeous. I'm leaving it in place and will add updated mods as they come out. Just going to use 2010 for a while to try out the stuff I'm missing out on.

Paul