Problem Orbit MFD displaying invalid gravity influence value

Rick Schaefer

Reaction score
Aloha everyone. This just cropped up in my orbiter yesterday and I cannot chase down the problem. The default orbit MFD is showing G -1.# for the gravity influence rating. It still switches between red and green just gives no value. I've bit the bullet and tried a fresh install to no avail. I'm running Windows 7 Home 64-bit. Any ideas? It's broke without a proper reading since a lot of the rest of orbiter requires a valid value. Mahalo!

-Rick

thepenguin

Flying Penguin
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Aloha everyone. This just cropped up in my orbiter yesterday and I cannot chase down the problem. The default orbit MFD is showing G -1.# for the gravity influence rating. It still switches between red and green just gives no value. I've bit the bullet and tried a fresh install to no avail. I'm running Windows 7 Home 64-bit. Any ideas? It's broke without a proper reading since a lot of the rest of orbiter requires a valid value. Mahalo!

-Rick

Which vessel are you using?
What are you using as a reference body?
What solar system are you in (default sol, or did you install another)?

garyw

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Addon Developer
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Website
blog.gdwnet.com
That normally occurs when something like msvcr100.dll is missing.

Rick Schaefer

Reaction score
Bingo! I found the problem and I'll post here what it was incase anyone in the future comes across the same issue. I have a default scenario that contains all my add-on vessels either in orbit or on a planet. I load that up then use the editor to remove any add-ons I'm not going to use for that particular scenario by deleting them. As soon as I delete any vessel, BOOM!, the gravity display goes to -1.J# I guess I need to manually edit them out of the scenario using Notepadd+ instead. Whew! Now, back to my trip to Pluto! Mahalo for everyone's suggestions. :thumbup:

-Rick

---------- Post added 02-24-14 at 02:23 AM ---------- Previous post was 02-23-14 at 08:18 PM ----------

Well that theory got shot. Started out ok then crashed again with the same problem. :-(

-Rick