Orbit Hangar Mods new Layout

Which theme would you like to see as the site default?

• Light Version

Votes: 18 66.7%
  • Dark Version

Votes: 9 33.3%

• Total voters

Cosmos

Reaction score
Those both look really great Vash. I keep trying to decide which I like better.

Andy44

owner: Oil Creek Astronautix
Addon Developer
Reaction score
I am partial to the dark version. Seems more "spacey" and "Orbiter-y" to me, and my eyes find light letters on a dark background easier.

Plus I've been on a Pink Floyd kick lately, so for now I'm all about the dark side of things...

tblaxland

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Addon Developer
Webmaster
Reaction score
I prefer the light version. Perhaps we could reach a compromise and have black text on a greyish background like the "Orbiter" skin for this forum.

EDIT: About the eye fatigue issue - how many hours a day do you expect to be looking at orbithangar? :p

Zatnikitelman

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Looks good to me, personally I'm partial to the light text on dark theme. I don't like stark white text on jet black BG, but something like this forum's DeltaV theme for me personally.

Tex

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Retired Staff
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Poll added. :speakcool:

Usonian

Historic Ship & Base Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
...I didn't really even know of this forum's existence until I re-visited the list of forums on the main orbiter web site a few days ago...

I sent an e-mail to Greg Burch when I couldn't get onto M6 for about a week. He recommended this forum. (Although I don't think he is a registered user yet!) Makes me wonder how many old M6 users are still drifting around, Forum-less - poor lost souls:(

I wonder if you might consider adding a note to the current Orbithangar main page letting users know about Orbiter-Forum? (Sure, it's a self-serving suggestion - I'm getting myself well settled here and wouldn't mind seeing this become the premier Orbiter forum.) But it might really do some good. Strictly up to you, of course.

Vash

OHM Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.orbithangar.com
Alright, I've added a third theme to the site now. It's my working compromise so far between a dark theme and a light theme (appropriately entitled "Grey"). I have also added a little select list box over on the right-hand side of the page for changing between the various site themes. I am still working on minor visual improvements for all three themes, but I would like to know what everyone thinks of the new Grey one so far.

DaveS

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Beta Tester
Reaction score
Grey is pretty good. Although right now the list of "Newest Uploads" is too long for the actual background so the last 4 entries is blended with the black background. This is true for all three themes.

Vash

OHM Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.orbithangar.com
You are correct. I haven't been checking the site in IE lately as it displays fine in Firefox (and most likely all other browsers). I'll have to take a look at the CSS once more and see what's going wrong. Thanks for reminding me to check such things.

EDIT: The issue has been fixed for all themes now.

Last edited: