OFSS Project Discussions

Dambuster

Reaction score
Is there any news on when flight 32 will be ready to roll?

Woo482

Addon Developer
GFX Staff
Reaction score
Sorry about it taking ages :( , I'll try and get it up in the next day or two :thumbup:

Dambuster

Reaction score
Sorry about it taking ages :( , I'll try and get it up in the next day or two :thumbup:

That's ok, I've been fairly occupied myself lately ;) Is there any deadline for when it has to be flown?

Woo482

Addon Developer
GFX Staff
Reaction score
Within a day or two of it being posted on O-H should be fine :thumbup:

Woo482

Addon Developer
GFX Staff
Reaction score
Sorry about the time it's taking for the next mission pack, I'll probably finish it and upload it in a few hours, another day at most.

Adelanthal

Reaction score
Are we still flying these? Starting to get the classic withdrawal symptoms. Got three bases on Europa to stave off some of it...

Woo482

Addon Developer
GFX Staff
Reaction score
I'll try and get the next mission up in a few days, I've been busy recently

auricom

Reaction score
Hi Everyone

Just wanted to say cool project you have here.. I've been looking for a fun orbiter challenge scenario pack, so I took it upon myself to carve off a new orbiter installation for OFSS and am running through all of the missions in order using only the tools you guys suggest.. hoping to improve my piloting skills

So far have completed mission 1 (easy as pie) and got the XR-2 to hard dock with OFSS Core in mission 2 before I had to call it quits for bed time yesterday.. Mission 2 took me a couple retry's to get the XR5's launch and SCRAM sequence down right but I finally got it..

Anyways I realize you guys are trying to create a 'living breathing forward moving world' with this, but I think it's got a lot of value as a 'challenge pack', in the same way Shuttle Fleet is a bunch of pre-packaged scenario's that can be run in order, for guys like me looking for a more immersive 'campaign' sort of experience..

Anyways, just wanted to let you know I'm around and if there's anything I can do to help I'd love to..

I did notice a couple disconnects in the documentation that took me a while to sort out.. Namely some packages missiong from the requirements in the mission 1-5 doc, such as Mir-2 and it's pre-req's, as well as Space_Tugs4 ...

Also a continuity error in that mission 1 has to place core in a 300x300 orbit, but mission 2 has it start in a 200x200 orbit that needs to be boosted up to 300x300 (how do i change COG on the XR5 anyways? I keep spinning like a top when I try)..

Also there's nothing in mission 1 for an undock and de-orbit of the tug module, but mission 2 starts with it gone..

Anyways, are you guys interested in having these disconnects and doc errors pointed out? I'd be more than willing to go and 'scrub out' inconsitencies and what not in the overall 'campaign' (sorry it's the most applicable word I can think of :) ..

Heck I'd even be willing to update the documentation accordingly...

Just a suggestion, if that's not the way you guys are going that's cool, either case I'm having a lot of fun with the missions ;)

Cheers!

- Paul

Woo482

Addon Developer
GFX Staff
Reaction score
:welcome: to Orbiter-Forum !
I did notice a couple disconnects in the documentation that took me a while to sort out.. Namely some packages missiong from the requirements in the mission 1-5 doc, such as Mir-2 and it's pre-req's, as well as Space_Tugs4 ...
I wasn't aware of that, you're probably best looking at the required addon list in the newest mission pack anyway, since it includes all addons ever needed by OFSS

Also a continuity error in that mission 1 has to place core in a 300x300 orbit, but mission 2 has it start in a 200x200 orbit that needs to be boosted up to 300x300
That's because when I launched the first mission it reached a lower orbit than planned (some auto pilot issues if I remember correctly)

Also there's nothing in mission 1 for an undock and de-orbit of the tug module, but mission 2 starts with it gone..
I think I probably de-orbited it at the end of the mission, I can't really remember :lol:

Anyways, are you guys interested in having these disconnects and doc errors pointed out? I'd be more than willing to go and 'scrub out' inconsitencies and what not in the overall 'campaign' (sorry it's the most applicable word I can think of :) ..
if you want to find some and point them out to me I don't mind :thumbup:

auricom

Reaction score
Thanks for getting back to me,

I'll check the 'last mission' doc package and see if all the packages that were missed are listed there.. I'll keep a tab of any other issues I find and post them all after I've run through the whole set, or have enough to make it worth while to post them !

I'll have to reload my mission 1 save just to have the satisfaction of plunging that tug into the drink ;)

clickypens

Orbinauta
Reaction score
one reason those packages are missing is because, at the time that the first mission was completed, they were all included with Energia. the documentation needs to be updated to reflect that

Adelanthal

Reaction score
Judging by the silence for the past 45 days, may we assume that this project is on long-term hold?

Woo482

Addon Developer
GFX Staff
Reaction score
I was going to start it again this week, I totally forgot about it though :( (Been pretty busy) I'm not sure when I'll release the next package but it shouldn't be too long

Tex

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Retired Staff
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
You might wanna wait until next week mate ;)