OFSS III - Mission & crew schedules + pilot requests.

Tex

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Retired Staff
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
I'm personally not planning anything beyond the scope of the current flight plans. If someone would like to start a new project afterwards, then of course they'd be welcome to.

In the mean time, I'll give it a few days to hear from Nistenf. If he's a no show, then I will need an alternate pilot to return CTV-LEO6 to Jarvis Island.

Nistenf

Reaction score
Hey, sorry I took so long to answer, I'll get this flown by tomorrow!

Tex

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Retired Staff
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Nazban is unable to complete flight #14. Is there someone out there who isn't slated to fly a mission that would like to take over this flight?

ADSWNJ

Scientist
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Fueled up and ready to launch on #14 if you need, Tex.

EricEvan

VOSSA Director/Founder
Reaction score
I think that, with a little practice, I'd be able to fly the XR5 (I've never flown it before and would probably need to learn how to sync my orbit and such. Docking shouldn't be that hard.) :)

If it's already been reassigned, are you looking for more pilots for future missions?

Tex

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Retired Staff
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
At this point, no one has yet been able to fill this mission. If you think you can do it, then do it and post your scenario please.

As a general note to everyone; I know I haven't been able to work on this project as often as we would all like, but if I don't have pilots to fly these missions, then I will rapidly lose interest in keeping the project alive.

usmc3891

OFSS III Pilot
Reaction score
If its not done by the time I get off of work tonight I'll fly it and post it

Scav

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Are we discounting at this point any candidacy for any pilots who have already flown?

EricEvan

VOSSA Director/Founder
Reaction score
Ok. I'll see if I can fly it. I've never flown an XR5 before, but how hard can it be? :)

---------- Post added at 05:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:11 PM ----------

Wait, isn't mission 14 scheduled for June 15?

Also, where can I get the scn file?

ADSWNJ

Scientist
Addon Developer
Reaction score
At this point, no one has yet been able to fill this mission. If you think you can do it, then do it and post your scenario please.

As a general note to everyone; I know I haven't been able to work on this project as often as we would all like, but if I don't have pilots to fly these missions, then I will rapidly lose interest in keeping the project alive.

I can appreciate the frustration, Tex. Your work on this project has been truly amazing, and the resulting station is absolutely stunning. I'm sure I speak for many, Tex ... hang in there and we'll get this Space Station built.

As a general message to others half-interested in this project but wondering if it's worth trying, let me just say that the suite of vehicles you get to fly is amazing. I started on the DG and rapidly switched over to the XR ships and pretty much stayed there because they are awesome! But this project has introduced me to flying a whole series of ships I would never have otherwise done - e.g. the Russian craft, the CTV and the Shuttle. You also get to manipulate some superb meshes for the components. For a while, I was documenting the "OFSS for the rest of us" a la "Go Play in Space", so more beginner and intermediate pilots could engage with this project. I'd be happy to do more of this if you all want.

On the flight roster - I suggest we do a ready-check on the remaining pilots, with say a 5 day response-timeout, and then re-load the roster with those ready to fly. As mentioned in a previous post, I've done the flight 14 to check it out (and because it's home to me flying the XR-5). I don't want to just post the final SCN file without being asked to fly the mission for real (it feels wrong to me), but if necessary, I'll do it immediately so we can move on to 15.

-from an OFSS fan!

Tex

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Retired Staff
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
EricEvan said:
Ok. I'll see if I can fly it. I've never flown an XR5 before, but how hard can it be?

Let's hold off for a later mission. I'm confident one will open up, but for now I think you will need some experience in the XR5 before tackling this flight.

usmc3891 said:
If its not done by the time I get off of work tonight I'll fly it and post it

Thanks! It is your mission now. :cheers:

On the flight roster - I suggest we do a ready-check on the remaining pilots, with say a 5 day response-timeout, and then re-load the roster with those ready to fly.

Good idea. I'll start contacting the remaining pilots to see who is still interested in flying their mission.

EricEvan

VOSSA Director/Founder
Reaction score
Ok. Would learning how to fly the Ariane 5 and Soyuz help as well?

ADSWNJ

Scientist
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Ok. Would learning how to fly the Ariane 5 and Soyuz help as well?

Eric - suggest you jump into Flight 1 and learn as you go. (Download the latest OFSS package - it has a roll-up of all the flights as scenario files). The Soyuz craft have a beautiful launch sequence on autopilot. One you get into orbit, apart from some ship-specific key sequences (e.g. to ready the engines), the core simulation sill feels the same. Soyuz is interesting though because of the relatively much less powerful thrusters, and getting used to pulse mode thrusting too. Ariane - she's a sexy craft to fly too.

Have a look for some of my earlier posts on some of the first flights - they may be useful for you.

Tex

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Retired Staff
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
I've gotten no response from the flight #15 pilot. I've contacted all remaining pilots for OFSS and I can tell you as of now we do need a replacement for the last flight, #24. Possibly others, I'll keep you posted as they get back to me.

I also need a replacement for the current flight. Hopefully someone who hasn't flown yet and isn't slated to in the future. Let me know here if you want the flight! If you are slated for a future flight, but would rather switch your flight for this one, you can do that!

Scruce

Ad astra per aspera
Reaction score
I'm still up for #22 Soyuz TMA.

Tex

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Retired Staff
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
I'm still up for #22 Soyuz TMA.

Sorry, I added this bit in maybe before you saw it.

If you are slated for a future flight, but would rather switch your flight for this one, you can do that!

If you're interested, if not, no problem, you still have #22 as of now. :thumbup:

Tex

O-F Administrator
Administrator
Retired Staff
Tutorial Publisher
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
:tumbleweed:

..Still looking for a pilot... Anyone? I don't care who, but you need to be able to fly the space shuttle of course! :crystalball: