OFMM Lite

Izack

Non sequitur
Addon Developer
Reaction score
:( my names not on there... o well btw how are we going to decide who is flying what missions
I knew I forgot someone! :facepalm:
Here you go (fixed).

It's kinda first-come first-serve now. Drop me a PM if you want a specific mission that isn't 1, 2, 5 or 7.

River Crab

SpaceX Cheer Captain
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
OK, I'll take mission 8.

Some things about missions:

Could deorbiting and landing Galileo (Ravenstar from mission 1) be a mission 1.5? It has to happen somehow. We have a lot of members, so I imagine someone would be happy to double up or take Mars-unrelated return missions.
Otherwise, I want to see dgatsoulis do it the hard way! :headbang:
(Edit: cool, it is now.)

Also: request to change ISS to Ess? It's just cooler and fits way better. Plus it has UMMU capability. And while we're downloading moar stuff, could we maybe include it in the attachment?

And, there is nothing after I dock the DGIV mission 8? Will there be more? :)
(Edit: YES! I get Mission ⑨!)

:lol: LOL at my UMMU's job.
悪霊退散!Furry Dicez!氷符 「パーフェクト・トイレ・フリーズ E」!

Last edited:

Izack

Non sequitur
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Roster so far:
1. Launch - FSXHD
2. Land - Alexw95
3. Transfer - PhantomCruiser
4. TMI - Solar424
5. Phobos Landing - Dgatsoulis
6. Construction - HAL9001
7. Mars Landing - Fireballs619
8. Launch - Izack
9. Rendezvous - River Crab

The blank ones are up for grabs!

After Mission 8, there will be a second launch from Earth.

Last edited:

fireballs619

Occam's Taser
Donator
Reaction score
What are we doing on mars once we get there? And how are we reporting these exactly? I may report mine a little late, because I will just be arriving home.

dgatsoulis

ele2png user
Donator
Reaction score
If no one else has asked for it yet, i'll take mission 4.
Also, i agree with River Crab, the XR2 Galileo needs to get back to Earth somehow.

I just thought of a way to get the Azure on Mars (somewhat realistically). Let me check it and i'll get back with you on that.

EDIT: Yeap, it's doable! Take a Landmod from 2001, add an attachment point on the Azure's cfg file and you're set to go. Only problem is that it works only on 2006 P1.

Here are the pics:
landmodazure1.jpg

landmodazure2.jpg

landmodazure3.jpg

landmodazure4.jpg

landmodazure5.jpg

landmodbox.jpg

It's also a nice, challenging mission (between missions 6 & 7) to get it to land as close to the base as possible. (If you decide to go for it i'm volunteering to fly it. :) )

Last edited:

Bj

Addon Developer
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Website
www.orbiter-forum.com
UMMUCREW XI12-Bj-20-63-97

I am not 97 kg :blackeye:

More like 59.... :)

@ fire

Final mission reports can be made to a thread I think, (along with IRC copy ) and I think you could mine resources on Mars. Grab some stuff and bring it back. :cheers:

dgatsoulis

ele2png user
Donator
Reaction score
To do:
-Create empty bases in Mars.cfg and Phobos.cfg for the predetermined landing points. On that note, has anyone found a good place to set down on Phobos?

The best coordinates i could find for the Arrow to "sit" on Phobos' surface were these: Longitude= -108 , Latitude= 25.6
The Arrow needs a heading of 290 (or 110).
:salute:

Voyager

Reaction score
Wait, could we carry the MEM with us? It could be a landing at Olympus Mons.

Izack

Non sequitur
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Dgatsoulis: Thanks a million for both the lander and the coordinates! :hail::probe:

Is that the Paracone mesh? :lol:

Bj: I swear I didn't mess with it! :lol: (Actually, mine wasn't far off...its says 55 and I'm actually 53. Hah!)

Voyager: What is the MEM? I can't for the life of me remember what it is...

About the screenshot...Don't ask me why Mars has Earth clouds. That just happened today and I haven't figured out why yet...

Attachments

• 10.08.03 11-13-50 Prometheus.jpg
    10.08.03 11-13-50 Prometheus.jpg
    143 KB · Views: 27
Last edited:

River Crab

SpaceX Cheer Captain
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
LOL@ Lord Kitchener on the cargo!

The MEM is the Mars Excursion Module by francisdrake. I can't find it on the hangar, but it's in that Baxter's Voyage video.
Anyway, the MEM is an Apollo-tech design. If you want something similar, use TI Pegasus Ares. We already have a lander anyway, it's DGIV.

dgatsoulis

ele2png user
Donator
Reaction score
Dgatsoulis: Thanks a million for both the lander and the coordinates! :hail::probe:
No problem, :hail::probe:
Is that the Paracone mesh? :lol:

Not exactly, but very close.:)hail: sputnik).
It's the Landmod from World of 2001. You can use it to turn a cargo into a spacecraft. In this case... the Azure! I made a test run of the mission and it's pretty EPIC!
-I attached one Landmod (unpacked) on the bottom of the Azure and took another one (packed) with me.
-After the deorbit and alignment burns the first Landmod had about 30% fuel left, not enough for a safe landing, (the Azure is quite heavy), so i dettached it.
-Then i EVAed the Ummu from the Azure :speakcool:, got on top of it, grabed the packed one, unpacked it, placed it beneath the Azure and climbed back in.
-The landmod turns into a heatshield when you reach a certain altitude above the planet and after that - as you slow down- it opens first a drogue chute at Mach 11 and then the main parachutes at Mach 5.
-Even with those, i had to use all the fuel to make a landing with a vertical speed of 8m/s. (45 Km away from my target but it was just a test run, i'm sure i'll 'park' it nicely next time :lol: )

LOL@ Lord Kitchener on the cargo!
:lol: wait, i have a better one:
ofmmarrow.jpg

:rofl:

EDIT: 300 posts? 300!? This is madness! -Madness?

1sm272legion.gif

Last edited:

Izack

Non sequitur
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Happy 300th! (Well, 301 by the time I read it, but many kudos nonetheless)

That Kitchener skin is hilarious. Any chance of using the red tone of it? At some point, the Arrow will land, and chances are it's going to get dusty. ;)

---------- Post added 04-08-10 at 12:40 AM ---------- Previous post was 03-08-10 at 10:52 PM ----------

I'm in the process of building a new Orbiter installation for this project.

Required addons so far:
- UCGO
- XR-2 Ravenstar (which requires UMmu 2.0, which is included in UCGO)
- Wideawake International
- Delta-glider IV
And later on, probably those things that Dgatsoulis is working on! :cheers:

Obviously that's not a limit to addons. You can use whichever tools you like, so long as you leave them out of the scenario files at the end (IE no random third-party vessels floating around or MFDs left on.)

Also may as well stick RC's wallpaper in there. For morale! :thumbup:

DuskDragon

Reaction score
Izack, congratulations on getting OFMM off the ground (even if it really is OFMM Lite). :thumbup:

You list the required add-ons so far, but you don't say which version of orbiter we should use. (I'm guessing 2010) So far those you listed work with 2010 and I'm hoping that 2010 will work with all future add-ons you may choose to include.

Edit: I forgot to add that dgatsoulis's Arrow skin is awesome.

Last edited:

Izack

Non sequitur
Addon Developer
Reaction score
Yes, it's O2010. The XR-2 Ravenstar (v1.1c) apparently does not work in 2006, so O2010 is in fact a requirement. Thanks for pointing that out.

dgatsoulis

ele2png user
Donator
Reaction score
Any chance of using the red tone of it? At some point, the Arrow will land, and chances are it's going to get dusty. ;)

One Martian, dusty, Arrow skin comming up:

RedArrow.jpg

It's "clean" (well... except the dust, :lol:). No UCGO logos on it.

River Crab is much better than me at those. If he decides to make an OFMM Arrow logo, i'll be more than happy to add it there. Unless his hands are already full. In that case, i can give it a shot.

Now something about the Orbiter versions. I'm afraid we'll have to skip the "Azure/Phobos to Mars" mission. It's great and a very challenging one, but it only works with Orbiter 2006. The Landmod will not work with the 2010 version. :(
I'll see if i can find a way around that (use some other addon), or i'll pm Sputnik to see if it's possible to recompile the Landmod.dll.

Izack

Non sequitur
Addon Developer
Reaction score
One Martian, dusty, Arrow skin comming up:

It's "clean" (well... except the dust, :lol:). No UCGO logos on it.

River Crab is much better than me at those. If he decides to make an OFMM Arrow logo, i'll be more than happy to add it there. Unless his hands are already full. In that case, i can give it a shot.

Now something about the Orbiter versions. I'm afraid we'll have to skip the "Azure/Phobos to Mars" mission. It's great and a very challenging one, but it only works with Orbiter 2006. The Landmod will not work with the 2010 version. :(
I'll see if i can find a way around that (use some other addon), or i'll pm Sputnik to see if it's possible to recompile the Landmod.dll.

Brilliant! :hail:

AFAIK, Sputnik is already in the process of recompiling/building Wo2k1, so maybe if he could bump the landmod a little higher on his list...;)

River Crab

SpaceX Cheer Captain
Addon Developer
Donator
Reaction score
Thanks! Actually, I've been on commission by Bj for the logo for a few days. Don't worry, I've got all the time in the world. :thumbup: I spent most of that on the "real" OFMM logo, but here is the best so far for OFMM lite (50% grey and transparent background 1024x768 PNG):

Attachments

• ofmmlitelogo_draft_grey_1024.png
    ofmmlitelogo_draft_grey_1024.png
    17.6 KB · Views: 22
  • ofmmlitelogo_draft_trans_1024.png
    ofmmlitelogo_draft_trans_1024.png
    16.6 KB · Views: 26

dgatsoulis

ele2png user
Donator
Reaction score
@ RC: SWEET! (I'd expect nothing less ofcourse!)
The way i had it in my mind, was a "bulky" logo (to match the Arrow) and a calligraphic "lite" (45 degrees/lower right corner) to implement the effort.
But this is just awesome!
Is it ok with you if i place your logo, on the "dusty" Arrow? (I'll have to change the colors though...)